• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

anddo0

I heard that like MH it is very multiplayer focused. Is it rewarding enough playing just singleplayer?

Soloing MH is a reward within itself. It's a tough game to solo (haven't done it myself). I haven't played MH:F (outside of the demo).. But, from what I've seen the game can be soloed.. It does require you to be proficient with most, if not every weapon in the game however.

I just can't get excited for Resistance, and this is coming from someone who really enjoyed the PS3 games. :/

Yeah. The campaign seems short. I can't see myself sticking to MP either. I'll get it a bargain.

Just in the next month on the Vita, I'll be getting:

Retro City Rampage
Resistance: Burning Skies
Gravity Rush
MGS HD Collection
LittleBigPlanet

That's more than enough to keep me busy for a long, long time, until the next batch, and it's not even E3 yet, so I have no idea what new shit they are going to announce.

RCR is coming to vita and in the next month? GOT DAMN. :O

Will buy it on both XBLA and Vita.

I really want a 32 gig memory card but spending 100$ on it is killing it for me. I have a 25 dollars off coupon from gamestop which would effectively bring it down to 75$ but still even that is too much... Decisions, Decisions...

Carl

Really happy Starlight Inception got its funding target. Got my tweets retweeted by about 15 people last night including Shuhei and Santa Monica employees.

Nice one, mine went round several Playstation oriented sites' twitter feeds too. High 5 ;)

Will check out gravity rush and retro city. Resistance sounds like a clearance purchase someday. Other are just ports of stuff I got.

LittleBigPlanet isn't a port of anything, so how can you already have it?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
RCR is coming to vita and in the next month? GOT DAMN. :O

Will buy it on both XBLA and Vita.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting a Vita version at all, but when they announced it, I immediately changed my console purchase to Vita. It is definitely one of my most anticipated Vita titles, especially after watching that 7 minute game play video of it.

patsu

I'm underwater with respect to my workload now. >_<
Just want to say the Vita Pinball game is superb ! Was able to play a few games here and there. I highly recommend it.

[werk, werk, werk]

kuroshiki

Going to pick this up after Corpse Eater I think, assuming it's not too long and we're not starting to see the Vita releases by that point.

Oh, GEB will occupy your time for a long time to come. After got this game Vita's release date doesn't bother me anymore. I gotta make every weapons.

I heard that like MH it is very multiplayer focused. Is it rewarding enough playing just singleplayer?

It is like MH, but it is WAY SINGLE PLAYER FRIENDLY than MH will ever be. You have 3 AI buddies follow you, heal you, revive you all the time. It is much more approachable than MH, I guarantee that.

This game sold over 1 mil copy in Japan alone, so it better be great. =P

cyborg009

Banned

Err I'm a huge fan of God Eater but it has AI controlled partners that actually don't get in your way. Singleplayer is possible but gets very difficult and takes all your skill and items.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I just can't get excited for Resistance, and this is coming from someone who really enjoyed the PS3 games. :/

Same here, it's kinda sad, I will probably pick it up when it hits £20ish but at the going rate of £35 and what looks like an amazing mind numbing whole 6 levels I just can't pull myself to get it day 1.
Will read the reviews though to see how it has turned out.

Game can't come out here soon enough, one of the reasons I picked up a Vita a few weeks ago, kinda wish it's release was June 1st and not Resistance.

We can emulate games on PS Vita, no homebrew or custom firmware: http://n4g.com/news/994233/emulation-now-easily-possible-on-the-playstation-vita/
Surprised it has taken this long for someone to come out with a working emulator, now just to wait on a working Snes emulator, damn that would be sweet.

Isn't this thread worthy?

PS Vita Crystal White Color announced

F7P0V.jpg

Kill me if I missed the thread for this!

It was about time!!! It will be MINE!!!!

What's the best place to import it? Amazon.co.jp doesn't ship to Europe and PlayAsia is a little expensive. Any alternatives?

I also will most likely be going to Tokyo between January and April next year, do you think it will be still for sale in stores by then?

Bukana

I have two questions:

1- Is HORI screen protector easy to install!? Also, would it be difficult to use the touch screen or it won't change anything!?

2- What is the best GRIP out there !?

Thanks,

DoubleTap

I have two questions:

1- Is HORI screen protector easy to install!? Also, would it be difficult to use the touch screen or it won't change anything!?

Thanks,

1 - Yes. Watch this: http://youtu.be/kM-fTzN4RR0
There's a bit of stickiness from the top film when you remove it, but it will go away. the touch screen sensivity will be the same.

2 - Sorry don't use those.

I have two questions:

Thanks,

1. No, unless you watch a YouTube video with instructions.
2. Idk

mangaroo

Banned
1 - I didn't bother with the instructions and just put it on like normal after removing the extras. Stuck down really well, can recommend the protector as well.

2 - I use the CTA grip, so good I bought another. Extremely comfortable but you can't put it in your pocket.. (if you do that with your vita anyway then oO)

Bukana

WOW, I didn't expect these answers this fast.
Thank you guys, this thread rocks.

I decided that I will buy the screen protector; though, the grip is the only thing that I don't want regret buying, especially since I want to play NG+ and MGS-HD. Thus, I will wait for more confirmation on the CTA Grip or the other brands.

Mrbob

I really want a 32 gig memory card but spending 100$ on it is killing it for me. I have a 25 dollars off coupon from gamestop which would effectively bring it down to 75$ but still even that is too much... Decisions, Decisions...

I always recommend buying the biggest memory card you can afford. It's still the best value memory wise even if it is the highest priced option.

WOW! Gran Turismo and MotorStorm AE from my ten free PSPGo games are now downloadable on my Vita! This means six of my ten free games already work on my Vita!

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Gran Turismo
LittleBigPlanet
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
WipEout Pure

Thank you Sony, that is really cool, I wasn't expecting this.

magawolaz

Paint Park is not that bad :lol

We need a thread for it, so we can organize weekly challenges lol

(Yoshida, if you are reading this, we need more tools in Paint Park!)

WOW! Gran Turismo and MotorStorm AE from my ten free PSPGo games are now downloadable on my Vita! This means six of my ten free games already work on my Vita!

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Gran Turismo
LittleBigPlanet
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
WipEout Pure

Thank you Sony, that is really cool, I wasn't expecting this.
Have you tried GT? How does it look on Vita?
I was thinking about buying it from the Store, it's only €7.99

Raoh

I've seen it listed for June, but the beta is soon, which means it'll be coming out in the next few months. If not June, then I can see a July or August release.

Doesn't change my post though. I'll have plenty Vita goodness to keep me busy until the post summer releases hit.

Because of PSP bc, I just can't see how anyone's Vita would be catching dust. Right now, installed on my system, I have:

Super Stardust Delta
Treasures of Montezuma Blitz
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy: Dissidia Duodecim
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
Sega Genesis Collection
Power Stone Collection
Half Minute Hero
Monster Hunter Freedom: Unite
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Gladiator Begins
Corpse Party

I actually deleted a few games, because I was running out of room.

After I get a larger memory card, I'll be picking up even more PSP titles. Despite owning a PSP, I've missed out on quite a few of it's awesome games. I'm playing catch up.

Pretty much.

I have no need to really buy any new games with Unit 13 (physical copy), dynasty warriors next, killzone, super stardust delta and TOM Blitz. Haven't even played paint park yet. I do have some vita titles on my gamefly queue.

I play those in short spurts. I ended up also buying Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and No Heroes Allowed!. With those two games alone I have no need for any new games unless they are really interesting like soul sacrifice.

I don't have the time to add more vita/psp games.

There is just no way everyone has played all the psp games available to them.

Mind you I can't play the vita all the time, I only play coming/going to work and when I work the late shift (4pm until 2am/4am) because I just can't play the vita at home as much as I would like when I have a PS3/PC backlog of games (Damn you playstation plus and cheap steam deals)

I just got starhawk and the recent playstation plus stuff.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ok dudes, I have a 20 dollar PSN card. Been thinking about getting either Legend of Heros: Trails, Lunar Silver Star or Ys, seven/The Oath in felghana?

Out of that list, I've only played Trails in the Sky, but I'm loving it so far. It's the first JRPG to hook me in awhile. So far the characters are grounded and likable, the combat is easy to grasp and fun, character building is deep, and it seems to be a pretty meaty game, considering it took me around 12 hours just to finish the prologue. It doesn't do anything particularly different as a JRPG, but it does a lot right. It's a great game to kick back and lose yourself in.

Agent X

Most of us think it will be a "surprise" announcement at E3, if it's later than that....well I just don't know. I want to put Alundra, Legend of Mana, and Legend of Dragoon on my Vita.

I wouldn't really consider the ability to play PS1 games to be much of a "surprise" announcement, considering that it's been expected for several months. The only "surprise" here is that the system has been out this long without that ability.

cyborg009

Banned
Ok dudes, I have a 20 dollar PSN card. Been thinking about getting either Legend of Heros: Trails, Lunar Silver Star or Ys, seven/The Oath in felghana?

+1 for trails and Ys seven

trails in the sky is just a good ass JRPG that really hooks after each chapter and Ys is crazy as ARPG and runs about 40 hours

ReaperXL7

Has anyone read this? It's from IGN...but http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/09/kojima-cage-levine-and-mikami-talk-ps-vita

In the article some developers give short opinions on the Vita, according to this it was Kojima, Levine, Mikami, and David Cage. Koji, Levine, and Cage (kind of surprisingly) are pretty postivie about it for the most part. Mikami does not seem out right negative, he just seems more unsure about it right now, and ofcourse he says that it needs more quality games.

There pretty short but still kind of interesting. Kind of sad though that IGN is taking articles from OPM...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Posted this in the MOTORSTORM thread,but I dont think anyone will see this post anytime soon. Can anyone help me?

Guys? Need some help please... I finished all tracks of the first event a few days ago,on all of which I have better times than a friend. For the rankings of the single races, my ranks are shown properly, but in the Event screen it keeps telling me that I am 40 seconds and 10,000 ranks behind my friend.

I tried starting and finishing all races once again, so that it maybe updates the scores or whatever. Didnt help. Anything else I could do? :/

thundr51

Does anyone know if Fate Unlimited codes for PSP will work on the Vita? I have seen it on any list as to either it can or can't so I figure somebody here should know.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Have you unlocked the Super Car races?

Are there hidden races? I finished every race that I can see. That would certainly solve my problem and I wouldnt have needed to waste 2 hours yesterday trying to get my scores updated. Annoying >_<

Toma

A need a new game. Wipeout or Disgaea 3?

Disgaea 3 if you:

- like grinding
- want your game to never end
- love wacky japanese art style

Wipeout if you:

- can enjoy criminally hard racing games
- are willing to spent much time and devotion into a racing game to polish your skills
- want a gorgeous looking game

Number45

Are there hidden races? I finished every race that I can see. That would certainly solve my problem and I wouldnt have needed to waste 2 hours yesterday trying to get my scores updated. Annoying >_<
Yeah, you unlock super cars after getting a certain amount of medals across all events.

Toma

Oh boy, thanks guys. You saved my sanity here.

Toma

Persona 3 and 4 are the best ones IMO. If you want to play them on the vita I would go with P3P for now and get P4G when it releases.

I agree. Though I am conflicted about whether to tell people to wait for P4 or not. If they end up playing only one Persona game this year since they are aaawesomely long games... (80+ hours) P4 wont be that much more expensive and will run at a better resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom