• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR2K

Banned
Realized I made a mistake with purchasing a 3ds. ....where can i get the most money trading it in for a VITA?

Craigslist. Good luck with seriel killers. You could probably try selling it in the buy/sell/trade topic in the community section.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I just realized I haven't touched my Vita since launch. I own a ton of PSP games from PSN and Uncharted, WipeOut, Katamari, and Rayman Origins. What's come out since then that's good? I tried the demos for both Gravity Rush and Resistance and they were both kind of "meh". I couldn't get a handle on the gravity controls with GR, and Resistance was just a bad game from what I played.

I can't wait to buy Persona 4 Golden, but what else is coming to the Vita?

EDIT: Fuck my life, I would be on the bottom of the page...
I'll quote you then!

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed, Virtue's Last Reward, Sound Shapes, and Jet Set Radio HD are my big titles. I'd recommend giving Gravity Rush a shot (I haven't played the demo) simply because it's the most interesting thing currently on the platform.

patsu

I just realized I haven't touched my Vita since launch. I own a ton of PSP games from PSN and Uncharted, WipeOut, Katamari, and Rayman Origins. What's come out since then that's good? I tried the demos for both Gravity Rush and Resistance and they were both kind of "meh". I couldn't get a handle on the gravity controls with GR, and Resistance was just a bad game from what I played.

I can't wait to buy Persona 4 Golden, but what else is coming to the Vita?

EDIT: Fuck my life, I would be on the bottom of the page...

If you haven't checked out Mutant Blobs yet, you might have to give it a try.
And then there're PSP Minis like Velocity, Where is my Heart that people are talking about.

I'm juggling between MGS HD, Gravity Rush and Valkyria Chronicles 2 myself.

EDIT: US should be getting "Frobisher Says" for free too.

Take a look in the upcoming games thread, Yaceka.

For the rest of the year there is:
Retail
• Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation
• Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified
• DJ Max Technika TUNE
• Earth Defense Forces 3 Portable
• FIFA 13
• LEGO Lord of the Rings
• LittleBigPlanet
• Madden NFL 13
• Need for Speed Most Wanted
• New Little King's Story
• Orgarhythm
• Persona 4: The Golden
• PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
• Ragnarok Odyssey
• Silent Hill: Book Of Memories
• Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
• Smart As
• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
• Special News Division
• Spy Hunter
• Street Fighter X Tekken
• Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
• Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
• Zone Of The Enders HD Edition
PSN only
• A-Men
• Chronovolt
• Cobalt Runner HD
• Big Sky Infinity
• CastleStorm
• Dokuro
• Foosball
• Great Little War
• Jet Set Radio HD
• KickBeat
• Mad Blocker HD
• Marvel Pinball
• Malicious Rebirth
• Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
• Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
• Orc Attack
• Puddle
• Pub Games
• Putty Squad
• Retro City Rampage
• Shoot Many Robots
• Sine Mora
• Snapshot
• Sound Shapes
• SunFlowers
• Urban Trials
• When Vikings Attack
• Zen Pinball 2

And from Japan:
Retail
• Hatsune Miku Project Diva F
• The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki - Evolution
• Time Travelers
• Ys 4: Celceta, Sea of Trees

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

• FIFA 13 (lol at Konami and lack of PES)
• Hatsune Miku Project Diva F
• LittleBigPlanet (should have been LPB Karting instead)
•PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
• Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time(maybe on PS3 tho)
• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

PSN only

• Malicious Rebirth

I'm getting these.

and now to think about it, that a really nice amount of games for me on Vita in the next 5 months or so.

Out of those I'm leaning towards getting DJ Max Technika TUNE, Hatsune Miku Project Diva F, Jet Set Radio HD, Marvel Pinball, Persona 4: The Golden, and Zen Pinball 2.

And maybe KickBeat, Malicious Rebirth, New Little King's Story, Orgarhythm, Sine Mora, Smart As, Sound Shapes, and SunFlowers.

Why are people so excited for Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Out of those I'm leaning towards getting DJ Max Technika TUNE, Hatsune Miku Project Diva F, Jet Set Radio HD, Marvel Pinball, Persona 4: The Golden, and Zen Pinball 2.

And maybe KickBeat, Malicious Rebirth, New Little King's Story, Orgarhythm, Sine Mora, Smart As, Sound Shapes, and SunFlowers.

Why are people so excited for Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward?

because 999 was freaking awesome and this is the successor to it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
The Oddworld games are PSN.

And yeah, play 999 first.

I'm buying like half that retail list and most of the PSN titles.

Massa

Retail
• FIFA 13
• LittleBigPlanet
• Need for Speed Most Wanted
• Orgarhythm
• Ragnarok Odyssey
• Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time

This is what's on my radar from retail releases, getting the bolded ones for sure.

Arucardo

Man, I'm trying to find a reason to buy this (I can get a vita for 150-160e) but haven't found anything great to convince me yet. Don't want to buy if for "portable" versions of games I'm already getting for pc/360/ps3 and the rpg selection is so small. I'd totally buy one if they announced a "hd" version of FF XII though, heh. Went through all the game list threads and nothing really stuck out to me.

So far the games that seem worth while for me are P4 Golden and the 999 sequel (forgot the name already).

Man, I'm trying to find a reason to buy this (I can get a vita for 150-160e) but haven't found anything great to convince me yet. Don't want to buy if for "portable" versions of games I'm already getting for pc/360/ps3 and the rpg selection is so small. I'd totally buy one if they announced a "hd" version of FF XII though, heh. Went through all the game list threads and nothing really stuck out to me.

So far the games that seem worth while for me are P4 Golden and the 999 sequel (forgot the name already).

It's almost worth it for Gravity Rush alone.

tearsofash

I beat gravity rush recently and traded it in for some gas/food money. Hopefully I will finish the PSP backlog of games that's been piling as sales tend to happen.

Right now I got:

Corpse Party
FFIV CC
YS IV
Dissidia Duodecim

I'm kind of in the beginning of all of those. My attention waned at times and then I forgot. You know how backlogs work. I was wondering what you guys thought I should finish first. I'm not looking for a heavy investment of time. Just something I can dick around with. After Gravity Rush's pacing I'm not sure I could adjust to something longer and segmented like FFIV, but I might.

Jawmuncher

• DJ Max Technika TUNE
• Hatsune Miku Project Diva F• - I though this was confirmed NOT coming to US it was just at E3 to mess with people.
LittleBigPlanet
• Street Fighter X Tekken
• Zone Of The Enders HD Edition

PSN only
• Jet Set Radio HD
• Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD

That's what im interested in. Hopefully all of it is spaced out enough.

I beat gravity rush recently and traded it in for some gas/food money. Hopefully I will finish the PSP backlog of games that's been piling as sales tend to happen.

Right now I got:

Corpse Party
FFIV CC
YS IV
Dissidia Duodecim

Wow, you have a time machine :O Can you get me a copy too?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So yeah after few hours with some Vita PSN games and Minis.

-Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack is amazing,awesome handheld gaming, buy this people.
-My Mutant Heart is brilliant and smart buy it.
-Pix'n Love Rush look great on Vita,decent but it need more variety.

and the bad ones.
-Table Top Tanks meh, boring do not buy.
-One Epic Game avoid at all costs, I will never buy anything based only on the PSN rating ever again.

• Hatsune Miku Project Diva F• - I though this was confirmed NOT coming to US it was just at E3 to mess with people.

NOOOOOOOO

:(

oh well SEGA is still the best Vita supporter.

Day one , August 30 in Japan is that correct? And what do you guys think will it be easier to buy it digitally with a jpn psn code and switch accounts back and forth. Or would it be better to just buy the physical copy and leave it in the system( I typically buy all games digitally). Do I still need to have a japanese account to play japanese retail copies of games? The region account stuff is confusing. Do i need two memory sticks? Any one that imports care to drop a bit of knowledge.

Side note- This thread is great ha keep it going!

MarkusRJR

For the rest of the year there is:
Retail
• LittleBigPlanet (I didn't like the wonky physics of the PSP version, is it any better here?)
• PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (looks kind of bad but we'll see)
• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (might get on Wii U instead)
• Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (getting for 3DS because I like keeping series on the same platform unless I have to)
• Zone Of The Enders HD Edition (probably getting for my PS3)

PSN only
• Jet Set Radio HD
• Sound Shapes

And from Japan:
Retail
• Time Travelers (I'll probably get it for my 3DS if it comes to NA, its activity log has taken over my life)
Bolded = buying for sure

Those are the only games that interest me on the list. I bought my Vita for JRPGS (I have loads of PSP JRPGs on my Vita) and wacky Japanese games and in that respect I'm a bit disappointed. I love platformers a lot too but LBP was kind of bad controlling on the PSP.

Day one , August 30 in Japan is that correct? And what do you guys think will it be easier to buy it digitally with a jpn psn code and switch accounts back and forth. Or would it be better to just buy the physical copy and leave it in the system( I typically buy all games digitally). Do I still need to have a japanese account to play japanese retail copies of games? The region account stuff is confusing. Do i need two memory sticks? Any one that imports care to drop a bit of knowledge.

I plan to import retail copies because then i get trophies to my account :D

zroid

Banned
I've been trying to figure out which version of Zero Escape to get, but having no luck finding comparison shots or anything like that. Does anyone have a clue? How good is the 3D and implementation of the lower screen in the 3DS version? If the bottom screen can help to reduce clutter and/or the 3D is done well, I may get it for 3DS instead of PSV.

Easiest way would be to simply import the physical box, since the physical box will work with any cart. The downside is that you're locked out of any DLC until they release the game in your country (which in this case will almost certainly not happen). So yeah, if you want the DLC you'll have to faff around with Japanese PSN accounts, if you just want the base game you can just import the game and play on your main account.

derwalde

this is possibly? i did not know that.

Elios83

I'm definetly going to buy AC: Liberation, Persona 4, Zero Escape.
But I'm also interested in New Little King's Story, Jet Set Radio and of course the Zoe Collection (if it's actually released this year).
The system definetly needs more blockbusters and big names but there's enough stuff to play with.

hwy_61

Banned
Craigslist. Good luck with seriel killers. You could probably try selling it in the buy/sell/trade topic in the community section.

Yup. Just bought my Vita from user Karish, he sold it for $175 shipped. It included Hot Shots Golf, a 4GB card, and the Sony case.

Just to give you some perspective. G'luck!

I still can't believe there no video of Madden yet. What a complete PR failure

Their was a EA NY press event and a guy from verge i believe said the game is pretty damn good, it's more like Madden 12.5 instead of 13 because it doesn't have the infinity physics collision engine. His subsequent comments over at Operation Sports says the game looks pretty good and looks better than the screen shots.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/6/29/3124414/madden-nfl-13-vita-madden-12

... the ability to tap on a receiver and draw hot routes with a finger, are smart and welcome additions.
... only the brand-new commentary made it into Madden 13 on Vita
... includes full Franchise and Superstar modes, and will receive weekly roster updates and Madden Moments Live content

This is second hand, but apparently Gungnir and Unchained blades are now Vita compatible if you transfer them from your PS3.

I saw this on another forum and gungir on the atlus forums, but I am currently away from my PS3 to try it.

Maybe compatibility was updated for other titles as well?

Shoot Many Robots is coming to Vita?

I hope they see sense and implement dual stick controls. No DS, no buy. Such a waste too as it looks decent.

MarkPH

Neo Member
Release date for Puddle by NEKO Entertainment is revealed.

July 24 on North America
August 1 (tentavive) - on Europe

spannicus

Release date for Puddle by NEKO Entertainment is revealed.

July 24 on North America
August 1 (tentavive) - on Europe

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Can you tell im excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom