• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Release date for Puddle by NEKO Entertainment is revealed.

July 24 on North America
August 1 (tentavive) - on Europe

Interesting. I enjoyed it on the ps3 although it was bit frustrating towards the end of the game. Screw you and your surprise buzzsaws and lack of checkpoints.

RoylAsult

Take a look in the upcoming games thread, Yaceka.

For the rest of the year there is:
Retail
• Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation
• Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified
• DJ Max Technika TUNE
• FIFA 13
• LEGO Lord of the Rings
• LittleBigPlanet
• Madden NFL 13
• Need for Speed Most Wanted
• New Little King's Story
• PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
• Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
• Smart As
• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
• Spy Hunter
• Street Fighter X Tekken
• Zone Of The Enders HD Edition
PSN only
• A-Men
• Jet Set Radio HD
• Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
• Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
• Orc Attack
• Retro City Rampage
• Shoot Many Robots
• Sine Mora
• Sound Shapes
• SunFlowers

pff no game. cant wait for these to start rolling out. Also Madden is next month, cant wait

Sid

Retail
• LittleBigPlanet
• Ys 4: Celceta, Sea of Trees
Most likely getting all of these and most wanted if it is like the ps2 ones,not sure if ys will be localized this year though

RoylAsult

Just bought Lego batman 2 for 12$ thanks to Amazon Warehouse deals.

Worth that much? i jumped because i know it was going to be awhile till it was that price again.

Sol1dus

i really want an x-men: legends kind of game for this thing. i'll even take a psp one available on psn

There's the dungeon crawlers Sony got out during the psp launch. But theyre like $15 each, and they're pretty old. I'd just wait for warrior's lair.

Sid

I posted this question earlier but no one answered,what about the leaked images of tekken tag 2 for vita?were they confirmed as fake by namco?

zroid

Banned

Retail
• LittleBigPlanet
• Persona 4: The Golden
• Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (undecided on platform)

PSN only
• Retro City Rampage
• Sine Mora
• Sound Shapes

The lineup is not that great for me, unfortunately. Still, there's enough that I don't feel the need to complain.

**Must-buys
**Maybes

patsu

Man, I'm trying to find a reason to buy this (I can get a vita for 150-160e) but haven't found anything great to convince me yet. Don't want to buy if for "portable" versions of games I'm already getting for pc/360/ps3 and the rpg selection is so small. I'd totally buy one if they announced a "hd" version of FF XII though, heh. Went through all the game list threads and nothing really stuck out to me.

So far the games that seem worth while for me are P4 Golden and the 999 sequel (forgot the name already).

Have you played any of the PSP RPG/adventure games ? They play and look differently on Vita, almost like a different game. Try it yourself.

Some games like Uncharted and Mutant Blobs are different from the home console version, even though they are familiar IPs.

P4 Golden sounds like a good choice.

Most unique title is probably Gravity Rush. It may take time to learn the mechanics.

Edit:
You can also try a few Buy One Play Both titles on PS3 and Vita.

Takao

Banned
I demand Bend develop a follow-up Vita Uncharted game.

DEMAND IT.

No thanks, new IP or Syphon Filter plz. Naughty Dog has 2 teams, make one of them make Uncharted for Vita.

Of course SCEA won't make Naughty Dog recognize the existence of other Sony devices, unfortunately.

That's unfortunately really fake. PSVita Hub is one of the worst Vita fansites. That box art, and their report of a source are stuff they made up for hits.

Except when they do.

Do you know of any upcoming SCEA Vita exclusives? I don't. Everything from retail to pub fund seems to be PS3/Vita with them.

Massa

Do you know of any upcoming SCEA Vita exclusives? I don't. Everything from retail to pub fund seems to be PS3/Vita with them.

It's not like SCEE and SCEJ have a huge number of Vita-only games announced. In the mean time, SCEA put out the best selling Vita game so far.

Anyway, I'm glad they make titles like All Stars and MLB multiplatform. These games make no sense as either Vita or PS3 exclusives when they can offer cross play between the two platforms.

spannicus

Fire SCEA and hire a new staff made up of VitaGaf and that shit will sell Gazillions. Who knows what gamers want more than gamers? but we're probably in the hands of a bunch of farts who never touched a Vita and spend all day golfing......or RAFTING

Takao

Banned
It's not like SCEE and SCEJ have a huge number of Vita-only games announced. In the mean time, SCEA put out the best selling Vita game so far.

Anyway, I'm glad they make titles like All Stars and MLB multiplatform. These games make no sense as either Vita or PS3 exclusives when they can offer cross play between the two platforms.

SCEJ doesn't have a huge amount of games announced period. But what they have brought to the table are two big new IPs in Gravity Rush, and Soul Sacrifice, as well as the only direct sequel to a console series on Vita in HSG6.

SCEE have LBP, and Killzone in the wings. Supposedly the rest of their top studios are also working on Vita projects (though a few are supposedly PS3/Vita as well) which is more than what we can say about SCEA's top studios.

Yeah, I agree not everything should be exclusive. But stuff like Sound Shapes being announced for PS3 really ticked me off. The Vita version was probably done months ago, but likely got pushed back constantly to make a PS3 SKU, even though that version was never needed.

patsu

What do you call Uncharted:Golden Abyss ? Vita variant from PS3 games ? Kinda like how Mutant Blobs evolved from the PS3 and Wii games, and became a better game on Vita.

Takao

Banned
What do you call Uncharted:Golden Abyss ?

An already released game. This is SCEA's upcomming lineup of Vita games:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Sound Shapes
PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale
Warrior's Lair
Guccamelee
Viking's Attack

Am I forgetting anything? All of those are also on PS3.

Ein Bear

No thanks, new IP or Syphon Filter plz. Naughty Dog has 2 teams, make one of them make Uncharted for Vita.

Of course SCEA won't make Naughty Dog recognize the existence of other Sony devices, unfortunately.

Whilst I'd love another Bend-Uncharted, I definitely agree that Sony need to get their main devs on the Vita. Studios like Bend and Ready at Dawn do a fantastic job with the franchises they get given, but it'd be nice if Sony treat Vita games as full-fledged titles rather than bastard child spin-offs.

spannicus

Sound Shapes
Warrior's Lair
Guccamelee
Viking's Attack

Wow, you're right. Looks like SCEA or the one putting in the least effort and just giving us PS3 ports. I was pissed also when they fucked us for sound shapes and now sine mora, waiting wise because of a PS3 version. dont the PS3 got enough fn games for now. give us our fn vita games SCEA you BASTARDS

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Retail
• Earth Defense Forces 3 Portable

• Ragnarok Odyssey
• Silent Hill: Book Of Memories

• Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
• Special News Division

PSN only
• Dokuro
• Jet Set Radio HD
• Malicious Rebirth
• Putty Squad
• Retro City Rampage
• Sine Mora
• Sound Shapes

• SunFlowers

And from Japan:
Retail
• Hatsune Miku Project Diva F
• The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki - Evolution
• Time Travelers
• Ys 4: Celceta, Sea of Trees

Bolded what i absolutely want, the rest maybe

patsu

Sound Shapes
Warrior's Lair
Guccamelee
Viking's Attack

Ah, but they did release Vita exclusives. Newer exclusives will take time to brew.

In the mean time, if they do B1P2 deals for the above games, it can help bring people to Vita also. It's low hanging fruits. With something like Gaikai, we may get even more multiplat games in the future.

One thing I want to ask Japanese savvy gamers. Is that Ciel no Surge game any good ? I am very curious about its 3G support despite its waifu simulation gameplay.

Takao

Banned
If SCEA is going to just make all Vita games for PS3 they should at least try to make as many PS3 games for Vita as well. Why is the new Ratchet PS3 exclusive? Why are there so many HD Collections not on Vita? Why haven't they announced LBP Karting for the platform yet? All make perfect sense as ports, and yet all are MIA.

spannicus

Ah, but they did release Vita exclusives. Newer exclusives will take time to brew.

In the mean time, if they do B1P2 deals for the above games, it can help bring people to Vita also. It's low hanging fruits. With something like Gaikai, we may get even more multiplat games in the future.

One thing I want to ask Japanese savvy gamers. Is that Ciel no Surge game any good ? I am very curious about its 3G support despite its waifu simulation gameplay.

It just crossed my mind that SCEA's push for the Vita is x play so I guess its justifiable.

Sid

It just crossed my mind that SCEA's push for the Vita is x play so I guess its justifiable.

But all of their games being ports is certainly not apart from uc:ga,definitely gives a vibe that SCEA lacks confidence in it's own platform

Ran rp

Multiplayer/hoard mode for Uncharted GA.

:'/ I wish.

Whatever happened to that card game a gaffer found hidden in GA?

Edit: This.

WTF is this? My game just hung on this screen and I can't get out. Is there a CCG in this game?

2012-03-05-210754.jpg

Marz

I try to stay subscribed to these threads since I love the Vita and love reading about it but after a while I was just like screw it this thread moves too fast0_o

patsu

If SCEA is going to just make all Vita games for PS3 they should at least try to make as many PS3 games for Vita as well. Why is the new Ratchet PS3 exclusive? Why are there so many HD Collections not on Vita? Why haven't they announced LBP Karting for the platform yet? All make perfect sense as ports, and yet all are MIA.

If given a choice, they would probably want to bring them to Vita too. The reality is (A) they focus on PS3 because Sony make more $$$ that way; and (B) Porting to Vita in parallel takes parallel negotiation, more resources and time. They won't be able to port everything at once within the same time frame. They may be able to refine the ports with a smaller team *sequentially*. Your list may be a snapshot.

Ideally, Gaikai should provide a catch all platform for multiplat games on Playstations. Then they spend dedicated resources on special (offline) ports, sequels and new IPs.

Retail
• LEGO Lord of the Rings(maybe)
• LittleBigPlanet
• Need for Speed Most Wanted(maybe on 360/PC)
• PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale(may double dip)
• Ragnarok Odyssey
• Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time(maybe on PS3)
• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed(maybe on 360)
• Street Fighter X Tekken
• Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward(maybe)

PSN only
• Jet Set Radio HD
• Malicious Rebirth
• Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD
• Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD
• Retro City Rampage

And from Japan:
Retail
• Hatsune Miku Project Diva F
• Ys 4: Celceta, Sea of Trees (waiting for possible XSeed localization)
I'm quite proud.

This is second hand, but apparently Gungnir and Unchained blades are now Vita compatible if you transfer them from your PS3.

I saw this on another forum and gungir on the atlus forums, but I am currently away from my PS3 to try it.

Maybe compatibility was updated for other titles as well?

I can confirm Gungnir and Unchained Blades are now transferable from the PS3.

Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom