• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iacobellis

Hmm I might actually wait for Sound shapes then, I love music and I love LBP, seems like a perfect match :p

I hope we get a demo for it on day one and not months later like Escape Plan. I've been excited for the game, but I'm just not totally sure if the formula will appeal to me.

mingus

My favorite was actually "The raft that keeps on floating", but with a too negative tagline this thread would turn into shit.

I'd imagine it would be more of just a wry joke for us. You might have the errant poster come in to point and laugh but at this point, it'd probably just be ignored and we'd move on.

Massa

I'd imagine it would be more of just a wry joke for us. You might have the errant poster come in to point and laugh but at this point, it'd probably just be ignored and we'd move on.

thisisneogaf. People are already looking at the current title and coming up with "hah, couldn't say anything nice about the system, heh?"

Couple more questions:
- Chances of Gaikai/Onlive?
- Chances of big multiplats (like Batman)?
- Chances of more third-party non-game apps?
EDIT:
- Chances of Ultimate Ninja Storm?
- Would I be able to play PSASBR with friends who have a PS3?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
31aWsAH4S7L._AA300_.jpg

^ Is this thing good or will scratch the screen? ( I need something for the paint app)

also is Asphalt: Injection any good?

Couple more questions:
- Chances of Gaikai/Onlive?
- Chances of big multiplats (like Batman)?
- Chances of more third-party non-game apps?
• We don't know what Sony are planning to do with Gaikai. The Vita is certainly powerful enough to be used for cloud-based gaming.
• The Vita isn't as powerful as a 360 or a PS3. I doubt you'll see many AAA multiplatform games on it. It's more likely we will see more games for PSN/PSV. AAA series like Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty are being made as Vita specific games instead of downgraded ports.
• There are some in Japan that haven't made there way over here yet.
also is Asphalt: Injection any good?
No, it's not good. It's somewhere between poor and decent. I got it for £6 and enjoyed it for a few hours.

Ken

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31aWsAH4S7L._AA300_.jpg[IMG]

^ Is this thing good or will scratch the screen? ( I need something for the paint app)

also is Asphalt: Injection any good?[/QUOTE]

I use a similar stylus on my iPad. Makes for a very unenjoyable experience.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
No, it's not good. It's somewhere between poor and decent. I got it for £6 and enjoyed it for a few hours.

I really need my portable racing fix :(

why in hell Namco didn't just port RR7 instead of the shitty RR they threw at us.

It can scratch the screen if a piece of dust gets stuck under it, and you drag it.

I use a similar stylus on my iPad. Makes for a very unenjoyable experience.

Well I know I'm not buying it then, thanks.

Fry's has a good deal for a Vita this week:

$249.99 Wi-Fi system with Unit 13 and Mortal Kombat.

If they threw in an 8GB with that I would've bit.

patsu

It just means that the SDK's UI Toolkit application supports controller inputs as well as the touch screen now, so menus and other UI stuff that is built using it can use X/O/whatever, rather than just being touch-only.

Yes, do you know if controller input includes analog sticks support ? Or just dpad ?

Yaska

So my vita got sent into maintenance today ( black screen). Now to wait for it to come back so I can finish Gravity Rush.

So what is even out for the Vita during the summer? Just Soundshapes?

Unconfirmed, but will hopefully be out before the end of Summer...

Retro City Rampage
Jet Set Radio
Sound Shapes
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (maybe, probably not though)
Some DJMAX game
PSOne Support

Um....

Malicious might be a possibility what with it getting a US release on PS3. (unlikely though)

Wasn't there also talk of a Marvel Pinball game coming to vita? All seems quiet on that front.

Anyone got platinum in VT4 ? I wonder how much work you need to do on online part.

PS. I'm disapointed by not making it to wall of shame. I'm posting here like few times per day :D

senahorse

Picked up VT4 on impulse and am really surprised at how good it feels on the Vita. I have the PC version which I didn't think a great deal about but it seems to be a perfect fit for Vita :D

mingus

Are you sure though? Any source for this happening to someone? Those styluses have a very soft tip mimicking a finger.

Happened to me. Was writing something down on my pda years back and a piece of dust got caught between the screen and my stylus, leaving behind a giant W that even toothpaste couldn't buff out.

My Vita has been getting a lot of love these past few months with Gravity Rush, Resistance, MGS HD and now Shinobido 2. Sound Shapes and Project Diva f next month too :)

Sid

weren't there leaked tekken tag 2 images of the vita version?was it ever officially announced that ttt2 will have a vita version?i played tekken 6 on the psp a lot.....

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
"Summer 2012"?!?! :(
My suggestion: PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | gaf does what scea doesn't(or sceain't as suggested by someone)

magawolaz

it is a reference to psone support right ?

And Retro City Rampage. And Jet Set Radio. And Dokuro. And Sun Flowers. And Doctor Who. And New Little King's Story. And the two Oddworlds. And Wake-Up Club. And Zen Pinball 2. And a bunch of other PSN titles currently in the limbo :(

Autofokus

Anyone got platinum in VT4 ? I wonder how much work you need to do on online part.

You will need ~20h of online play to reach Rank A. They aren't a shit-ton players around and rage-quitting (which is easy, just hit the power button) is not uncommon, which means, you won't get any XP for the match.

Unconfirmed, but will hopefully be out before the end of Summer...

Retro City Rampage
Jet Set Radio
Sound Shapes
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (maybe, probably not though)
Some DJMAX game
PSOne Support

Um....

Malicious might be a possibility what with it getting a US release on PS3. (unlikely though)

Wasn't there also talk of a Marvel Pinball game coming to vita? All seems quiet on that front.

We're also getting Ragnarok Odyssey on the 22nd of August, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom