• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in tokyo next week, are there any good JP only accessories I should look for?

Nothing you can't find anywhere else.
If language isn't a problem there are some games you can get there.
If language is a problem check out Gaijingamer. They have a list there of language compatability which I believe is small.

We're also getting Ragnarok Odyssey on the 22nd of August, I believe.

Just watched a vid on YT, looks decent enough but my kind of game unfortunately. :(

Still, I've plenty to play on vita for now. Still haven't started MGS and I've yet to really play Rayman Origins, Hustle Kings, Katamari. I've got a couple of PSP games that are in need for some attention.

So I'm set for now, but the itch for new content is never ending.

Carl

First piece of advice should be "buy Mutant Blobs Attack and Velocity" so i don't have to post it every 2 pages.

So I took a chance and got Armored Core 3 Portable yesterday. It actually works amazingly well since you can make the second stick the camera controls. A great pickup for any fan of the series.

First piece of advice should be "buy Mutant Blobs Attack and Velocity" so i don't have to post it every 2 pages.

That should just be the thread title =D

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
If I ever again see as many anime gifs here as I saw checking out the last pages of OT3, it'll be too soon. Crazy folk.

Cornbread78

"Summer 2012" huh? Why did you have to take teeh safe route, lol.

We need some bellyaching up in here.

Any word on the LBP VITA release? I fully paid and pre-ordered a copy with Game Stops release date or 6/30, now they only post a 12/31/2012 date....

Any word on the LBP VITA release? I fully paid and pre-ordered a copy with Game Stops release date or 6/30, now they only post a 12/31/2012 date....

I don't think it has a confirmed release date yet, so those are just place holders.

That release will fall into the Part 5 thread, "winter is coming"

My Vita's in need of some lovin' and that B2G1 sale at Best Buy ends in two days. I've been thinking about picking up Gravity Rush, MGS HD Collection, and maybe Super Mario Bros. Wii. I guess it's just kind of hard to justify considering I'd be quad-dipping on MGS 2 and 3 at this point. :p

oldmario

Anyone know the best website from within the uk to purchase an official vita cradle?

Sony decided they didnt want my money and never released it here and i dont really wanna be hit with import charges if i order from outside the country or risk getting a fake one from ebay

Copenap

So we already made it to part 4, good job guys, lots of advice to be had.

Though we had some title suggestions that would fit the "vibe" of the thread better imo.

Mondriaan

I like how the tagline is not an open invitation to troll the thread, but that might just be me. Maybe "Summer of PSOne Love" might have made the summer reference more clear, though :p.

PS Mobile news has been great, so I've been really happy with my Vita.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
PSOne support before OT5?

Ponn

Banned
I thought Ragnarok Odyssey (or whatever it's called) is hitting next month? Was it pushed back?

Amazon has it listed for Aug 21st but my Newegg preorder has it releasing Sept. 11. I don't know how reliable Newegg is with their dates but Amazon is usally spot on unless its a placeholder.

winjet81

So is there any definitive schedule that shows when PSP titles become compatible for Vita and show up on Vita PSN site?

I don't have a PS3 and don't know anyone with one, but would love to play VC2 and Peace Walker on my Vita.

zroid

Banned
In from the start this time! By part 5, I intend to be less on the receiving, but giving end of the advice.

That release will fall into the Part 5 thread, "winter is coming"
:lol

So is there any definitive schedule that shows when PSP titles become compatible for Vita and show up on Vita PSN site?

I don't have a PS3 and don't know anyone with one, but would love to play VC2 and Peace Walker on my Vita.
It's completely random and up to SCEA.

In from the start this time! By part 5, I intend to be less on the receiving, but giving end of the advice.
There's advice given here?

winjet81

Any news on Final Fantasy X HD, or is this also going the way of Bioshock Vita? i.e. fat chance of it ever coming to fruition.

XwZZs.gif

Let's get rollin'.

And wall of shame for good measure:

xUagH.png

and out of those posts, how many did Carl do that contained the words Mutant, Blobs and Verlocity???

Icicle

I realize that the Vita is only 7 months old, but as a potential Vita-buyer, I can't help but think about the inevitable second model/redesign, which makes me leery of picking one up now.

Has anyone read or heard anything that might suggest a time frame for a redesigned Vita?

Vita owners, what would you say are the device's biggest "flaws" that could feasibly be addressed in the next model? Also, for those of you who owned more than one model of the PSP, how significant were the improvements made to later versions?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

zroid

Banned
Vita owners, what would you say are the device's biggest "flaws" that could feasibly be addressed in the next model? Also, for those of you who owned more than one model of the PSP, how significant were the improvements made to later versions?

The shoulder buttons aren't great. That's about it. (The biggest problem, memory cards, will never be addressed)

All of the other "flaws" are related to the OS itself, which will definitely
hopefully
be updated through firmware.

EDIT: I guess they could improve the battery life, but I personally haven't had any issue

Carl

and out of those posts, how many did Carl do that contained the words Mutant, Blobs and Verlocity???

Lol, i like how everyone is saying that

I realize that the Vita is only 7 months old, but as a potential Vita-buyer, I can't help but think about the inevitable second model/redesign, which makes me leery of picking one up now.

Has anyone read or heard anything that might suggest a time frame for a redesigned Vita?

I don't think there's really anything they could improve with a redesign. In my opinion, the hardware is pretty much perfect.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I'm almost done with Uncharted Golden Abyss and I must say it's very good. It's in fact better than UC3 because it doesn't rely on Call of Duty style crazy events. It's more back to basics UC. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom