• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita US Launch Details (Launch Games, Accessory Pricing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

legbone

What is everyone's thoughts on Dungeon Hunter Alliance? What I notice IMMEDIATELY, that completely turns me off is "Ubisoft"

Should I expect the game to have some ridiculous DRM system which embeds itself into the system to prevent resale?

but in all seriousness, the game does look promising.. and looks like I'll get my dungeon crawler fix from it. Opinions ?

you can definitely get your dungeon crawler fix from it but it is not worth $40. you can basically get the same game on psn for 10 bucks or something like that. i recommend the game highly but not at $40. wait for warrior's lair to get your vita dungeon crawl fix.

Eusis

Ubisoft turns you off? Gameloft is what turned me off. And 40 bucks.
Yeah, Gameloft is good for knockoffs on tablets/smartphones (and to a lesser degree the digital services of these systems I'd imagine), but full priced retail software? I'd wait on Ys for an action RPG fix, I'd be amazed if that failed to come here.

Yellow J

Neo Member
AMAZING

Are the Hori screen protectors shipping now? Amazon says they ship in 1-2 months. Someone tell me if I order it that it will be here like this week.

The sony one has been changed to release date delivery. I think I like the sony one better because it only covers the center. Like the Hori it also comes with an application guide that rests on the buttons or d-pad so it's aligned correctly. Only problem I see with the Hori is that it covers the whole front and with the constant mashing of buttons and d-pad it might not hold up in those areas.

First Edition Bundle
Hot Shots
Wipe out
Uncharted

Cant Wait

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What is everyone's thoughts on Dungeon Hunter Alliance? What I notice IMMEDIATELY, that completely turns me off is "Ubisoft"
Played the demo during the campaign and didn't like it at all. Controlled poorly (still better than a phone) and looked like a cheap Diablo knockoff. People who bought the full version (Kyle, aka twentytwo, DCharlie) seem to be quite happy with it though iirc.

Everything you hear about Dungeon Hunter Alliance is true. It's a diablo clone with no real personality of its own. It's kinda cheaply made. Gameloft is a terrible company and the game is overpriced because it is exactly the same thing as the PSN version which is $12.99.

But I have that PSN version and it's also true that it's long, pretty deep and a lot of fun. It's not even close to perfect, and I couldn't imagine giving these assholes $40 for it, but anyone that does will atleast be getting a pretty good game.

It's unfortunate that the game is good, it would be so much easier to hate if it was terrible.

Just FYI:

Mine hasn't shipped yet. I placed my order on January 19th. My delivery estimate is (and has always been) February 7 - February 14.

I placed my order on January 1st and I have the same delivery estimate as you. I ordered the $10 regular screen protectors in case my Hori doesn't come in time.....I'm very petty about touch screen products and I need a screen protector to use it.

Coke Zero, banned in numerous countries for containing poisons. Drink Up!

Well no shit....

I love a good glass of coke zero every now and again. I went to grab it at my grocery store and there was litterly ZERO
seewhatIdidthere
bottles on the shelf. I was confused as hell. Now it all makes sense (I'm in the US BTW)

Well no shit....

I love a good glass of coke zero every now and again. I went to grab it at my grocery store and there was litterly ZERO
seewhatIdidthere
bottles on the shelf. I was confused as hell. Now it all makes sense (I'm in the US BTW)

I don't think it's banned in the states.

After some googlizing it seems that the chemical in question, Sodium cyclamate, isn't used in the US.

From the wiki

Sodium cyclamate, a relatively inexpensive artificial sweetener banned by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) since 1969 and once believed to be a carcinogen, has been used in the Coca-Cola Zero versions produced in Spain, Portugal, Venezuela, Chile, and some Central American countries. It was used for a time in Mexico, before a consumer campaign led to its removal from the drink in 2008.[1] In June 2009 Venezuela ordered Coca-Cola to withdraw its Coca-Cola Zero product, as it contained more than the legal levels of sodium cyclamate.[1]

Carry on Vita pals. I drink 2 liters of coke zero a night and baconsammy freaked me out. Nothing to see here. Move along.

People keep saying that switching memory cards requires a reset. I'm not sure what is involved in a reset. Are all my systems settings reset to default? Do I have to set everything up again when I switch back? I'm not clear on this.

Wait, what if you switch memory cards that have the same PSN account? Please tell me it doesn't require this convoluted process just to change out cards...

After some googlizing it seems that the chemical in question, Sodium cyclamate, isn't used in the US.

From the wiki

Carry on Vita pals. I drink 2 liters of coke zero a night and baconsammy freaked me out. Nothing to see here. Move along.

2 liters?

Why?

Wait, what if you switch memory cards that have the same PSN account? Please tell me it doesn't require this convoluted process just to change out cards...

I think it requires you to reset the system but not do a completely restore of the Vita.

Eusis

I don't think it is because it sounded like the bigger reason to avoid multiple memory cards was how small they were, but if that really is the case then all the more reason to jump with a 32 GB at the offset.

EDIT: Or the more mild reset, which doesn't sound like a big deal.

I would expect new outlets to receive their local Vita packages in the next few days. I wonder if the NA Store will go up early for them to test out.

Off topic... but link? I drink that stuff by the case.

CARACAS, Venezuela — Venezuela's Health Ministry said Friday it banned sales of Coca-Cola Zero because the company failed to declare that the no-calorie soft drink uses an artificial sweetener allegedly harmful to health.

Health officials said tests show the cola contains sodium cyclamate. Coca-Cola Co. disputes that, saying the product sold in Venezuela uses different artificial sweeteners, Acesulfame-K and Aspartame.

Cyclamate is not prohibited in Venezuela. But the ministry said the company failed to report sodium cyclamate as an ingredient in Coca-Cola Zero when it received its initial health permit to begin selling the drink in April.

Coca-Cola is "failing to comply with sanitary norms," the ministry said in a statement published in the newspaper Ultimas Noticias. The ministry urged Venezuelans to refrain from trying the drink, saying it is "considered harmful to the health."

The U.S. prohibits the use of cyclamates in human food because of health safety concerns. Sales of Coca-Cola Zero elsewhere in Latin America have met with resistance over the use of cyclamate.

NeOak

What the... what's with the off topic stuff?

I felt burned with the 3DS launch window, so that is why I'm weary of buying a Vita on launch. However, I'm seriously considering keeping my preorder due to Ragnarok Odyssey, even if i have to import. Online play with gaffers should keep me busy.

How it worked, at the end? You needed to change card AND account to have content from two different shops? Or it was only necessary to change card OR account?

What the... what's with the off topic stuff?

I felt burned with the 3DS launch window, so that is why I'm weary of buying a Vita on launch. However, I'm seriously considering keeping my preorder due to Ragnarok Odyssey, even if i have to import. Online play with gaffers should keep me busy.

Sony needs to deliver the goods.

Eusis

How it worked, at the end? You needed to change card AND account to have content from two different shops? Or it was only necessary to change card OR account?
I believe it requires a card reformat, dunno if a third "dummy" one would do the trick or not. Either way I don't think you'll be able to juggle two accounts worth of information on one card.

Sony needs to deliver the goods.

Speaking of delivering the goods, have they said anything yet about aligning the trophies on Vita and PS3 so that I can check my Vita trophies on my PS3? Microsoft manages to do it day 1 with their phone, yet Sony can't do it? Come on, Sony.

“4 AM” – Kaskade
“Aganju” – Bebel Gilberto
“Always Loved A Film” – Underworld
“Apollo Throwdown” – The Go! Team
“Automatons” – Anything Box
“Autumn Love” – SCSI-9
“Bang Bang Bang” – Mark Ronson & The Business
“Celebrate Our Love” – Howard Jones
“Close (To The Edit)” – Art of Noise
“Disco Infiltrator” – LCD Soundsystem
“Dissolve” – The Chemical Brothers
“Embracing The Future” – B.T.
“Flyin’ Hi” – Faithless
“Good Girl” – Benny Benassi
“Gouryella” – Gouryella
“Hey Boy Hey Girl” – The Chemical Brothers
“Higher State of Consciousness” – Wink
“In My Arms” – Mylo
“Kelly Watch The Stars” – Air
“Moistly” – LFO
“Out Of The Blue” – System F
“Pacific 707” – 808 State
“Played-A-Live (The Bongo Song)” – Safri Duo
“Rocket (Tiesto Remix)” – Goldfrapp
“Sunriser (Publicmind Remix)” – Ken Ishii
“Superstar” – Aeroplane
“The Future of the Future (Stay Gold)” – Deep Dish
“The Sun Rising” – The Beloved
“What’s Your Number” – Ian Pooley
“Windowlicker” – Aphex Twin
“Wolfgang’s 5th Symphony” – Wolfgang Gartner
“Wooden Toy” – Amon Tobin
“Yesterday When I Was Mad (Jam & Spoon Mix)” – Pet Shop Boys

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...tertainments-love-letter-to-electronic-music/

There's a good interview and some new screens at the link :) .

Not sure if this is the right place to ask since the console hasn't shipped yet, but maybe someone who has one here in the states can provide some info.

Whats the general census on the 3G model? Worth it, or no? I've been on the fence about it since I'm unsure of just how much i'll be commuting in the future. How good is online gaming over 3G? I've heard mumbles of it being crap, but really, how much should I believe the guy at Gamestop?

NeOak

Not sure if this is the right place to ask since the console hasn't shipped yet, but maybe someone who has one here in the states can provide some info.

Whats the general census on the 3G model? Worth it, or no? I've been on the fence about it since I'm unsure of just how much i'll be commuting in the future. How good is online gaming over 3G? I've heard mumbles of it being crap, but really, how much should I believe the guy at Gamestop?

Edit: Dont mind. 3G online play is basically useless. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/01/23/why-you-shouldnt-buy-a-3g-ps-vita

There is no online multiplayer over 3G. Some games support asynchronous MP over 3G, though.

The 3G is basically for people who:

A) Want a 3G connection for the social aspects of the system.
B) Want the comfort of knowing that, when a game inevitably comes out that has the option to use the GPS, they can do that, even without paying for the 3G service. WiFi model has no GPS functionality.

Eusis

B) Want the comfort of knowing that, when a game inevitably comes out that has the option to use the GPS, they can do that, even without paying for the 3G service. WiFi model has no GPS functionality.
Looking at the features of Disgaea 3 it seems to actually use the GPS positioning, for leveling purposes I believe. So I guess we had one straight from (Japanese) system launch.

If you are somewhat interested in the 3G model, get the launch bundle. It comes with a 8GB memory card which is 30 bucks right there. You can try the 250MB and see for yourself the performance.

I was looking at this bundle over the other 3G bundle with the 4gb card, the carrying case and little deviants for $350..

There is no online multiplayer over 3G. Some games support asynchronous MP over 3G, though.

The 3G is basically for people who:

A) Want a 3G connection for the social aspects of the system.

So basically nothing different than what I use my iPhone for? I completely had the wrong idea about this feature it seems.

Also that tag serves you well..

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I love the line up of launch titles over the next month or so from release although I am going to try and be strong and just stick with two titles, Unit 13 and Shinobido 2. Wipeout comes free with our 3G bundle in NZ so that's a nice perk. Just hope Shinobido is good, haven't seen any reviews for it yet.

Unit 13 I will get regardless as I am keen to check out this 'aware' sort of functionality it has with all the leaderboard updates and daily challenges. I really hope it's as great as it sounds and gives us an insight to the possibilities.

Number45

I love the line up of launch titles over the next month or so from release although I am going to try and be strong and just stick with two titles, SCEA Launch Day Titles, Unit 13 and Shinobido 2. Wipeout comes free with our 3G bundle in NZ so that's a nice perk. Just hope Shinobido is good, haven't seen any reviews for it yet.

Unit 13 I will get regardless as I am keen to check out this 'aware' sort of functionality it has with all the leaderboard updates and daily challenges. I really hope it's as great as it sounds and gives us an insight to the possibilities.
Isn't Unit13 a few weeks behind launch? Sure I've seen the first week of March mentioned.

Looking at the features of Disgaea 3 it seems to actually use the GPS positioning, for leveling purposes I believe. So I guess we had one straight from (Japanese) system launch.

I am really glad that I got the 3G model now. I will be definitely getting Disgaea 3 and I would be annoyed if I was missing out on stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom