• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita US Launch Details (Launch Games, Accessory Pricing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

GG isn't shatter proof anyway its just very hard to scratch compared to other materials.

On the flip side, I bounced my DHD from about 4ft the other day with no problems because its got a plastic screen which flexes. Any glass screened device would almost certainly have shattered because glass doesn't do flexing.

Yeah, to me screen protectors are not for protection against shattering. It's for protection against fingerprints. The true enemy of glass.

Adamm

Why is there no Euro/UK launch thread?

I cant find any decent bundles anywhere, they are either have crappy games or crappy prices :(

DBT85

Yeah, to me screen protectors are not for protection against shattering. It's for protection against fingerprints. The true enemy of glass.

Nothing will protect against shattering so it's a bit of a design choice, glass and less scratches or plastic but if the dunce drops it it won't ruin the device. I never plan to drop anything and its happens rarely but I prefer plastic for that reason.

Why is there no Euro/UK launch thread?

I cant find any decent bundles anywhere, they are either have crappy games or crappy prices :(

What are you looking for? I'm kind of all over every bundle/deal going for the Vita lol.

And yes an EU thread would be nice.

Amazon.co.uk
Any Vita + free 8gb card + any Ubi game or VT4 for £15.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature....rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=279914507&pf_rd_i=B0054Q82WI

So 3G is £285+ shipping and WiFi is £235 + shipping. No pre order pack here.

Play.com
Several bundles. Some with 3G some with Wifi. All with 8gb Card.

WiFi + Uncharted/Fifa + 8GB = £275
WiFi + Rayman/Lumines/Dungeon Hunter: Alliance/Army Corps of Hell/F1 + 8GB = £265

3G + Uncharted/Fifa + 8GB = £325

All include the pre order pack

http://www.play.com/Games/PSP/-/4660/3927/3-/Refine.html

Game & Gamestation

Only WiFi deals, all inc a 4GB card.

WiFi + Uncharted/Fifa + 4GB = £270
WiFi + Wipeout/Everybodys Golf/Modnation/Katamari + 4gb = £260

All include the Pre order Pack
Game link
Gamestation Link

Toys R Us

No bundles.

WiFi = £215
3G = £260

Some have also managed to pre order in store at the same price. Mine had almost no idea what a Vita was and there was no price on the system apparently so I gave up.

Also included pre order pack.

Tesco Entertainment

No deals but 8% cashback if you use Quidco.

Means the Wifi works out to £202.40
3G is £248.40

Also includes pre order pack.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What cases are you guys getting?
Case©
HF23A.jpg

It's hard and doesn't take much space.

anddo0

I switched from:

PS Vita Wifi
32 gb Memory Card
HSG on PSN
Wipeout on PSN

to:

PS Vita 3g/wifi bundle with 8gb memory etc,etc.
HSG and Wipeout from Amazon for 30 bucks.

Overall, I probably won't use 3g unless I go through some huge lifestyle change that requires me to sit on a bus or something.

32gb of memory wouldn't be enough to go all digital for the life of the system, which diminishes the value of the premium. It's roughly 16 games at the moment, and the games could get bigger in the future. I still feel like I would be managing some data over the life of the system, so it's not worth the all-digital premium. It's a slight discount that doesn't beat retail at launch, and never will.

I rather wait for a discount 32gb card in the future just to hold a stack of games, or a 64 gb memory card for the same price that gives me a better chance to experience the true, cart-less experience in the future. 8gb is fine for managing a game and a few arcade titles. The launch day bundle makes that cart free, or the 36 a 10-20 add-on. That sits fine with me.

Interesting take.

For me it comes down to cost. Outside of Wipeout and HSG. I'll be saving an average of $8 a game. I live in NYC so tax is a killer.. After doing the math, HSG retail= $33.33 (Amazon) after tax. Whereas the digital version is a flat $35.. True it's $2 more, but it's the type of game I'd rather have digital. Games like Uncharted UMvsC are bit more attractive because they go from $55 down to $45, and $44 down to $35 respectively. I know everyone has different tax situations. But for me this just makes sense. At least until Atlus etc... start offering pre-order incentives.

32GB won't last the entire gen, you're right. But knowing Sony, it'll be a good while before we see a price drop. If the PSVita doesn't perform, a drop could come by the summer. But, who knows?

What cases are you guys getting?

The one that comes with the Starter Kit. It's reminiscent to the one that shipped with the original PSP.

sun-drop

pre ordered my wifi+3g vita today....

i get the blue in-ear headphones and wipeout as packin's .. so thats cool.

but just waiting to see re memory cards, i'll prob go for the 16GB .

i'll be getting fifa at launch despite it's near ps3 game price tag...but ...i mean it virtually is the ps3 game so i can't really moan THAT much about it .... i'll get the digital version cause i want this avail at the touch of a finger.

why does sony stick with those ulgy pull out rubber flaps to cover the ports?? ..just leave them open i say. they do the same thing on their current xperia line of phones. gross.

but yeh ....that case you yanks get in the launch package looks awesome .... i really want something like that....

or something firm and slim line .... yes i have a man bag but i don't actually like carrying bulky stuff in it :/

NavNucST3

Interesting take.

For me it comes down to cost. Outside of Wipeout and HSG. I'll be saving an average of $8 a game. I live in NYC so tax is a killer.. After doing the math, HSG retail= $33.33 (Amazon) after tax. Whereas the digital version is a flat $35.. True it's $2 more, but it's the type of game I'd rather have digital. Games like Uncharted UMvsC are bit more attractive because they go from $55 down to $45, and $44 down to $35 respectively. I know everyone has different tax situations. But for me this just makes sense. At least until Atlus etc... start offering pre-order incentives.

32GB won't last the entire gen, you're right. But knowing Sony, it'll be a good while before we see a price drop. If the PSVita doesn't perform, a drop could come by the summer. But, who knows?

The one that comes with the Starter Kit. It's reminiscent to the one that shipped with the original PSP.

Are you not taxed on PSN purchases? I am not currently taxed by amazon.com but I'm always taxed by PSN; for me its 9.75%

Carl

I asked whether we would see PS+ deals for Vita (on the EU blog) and got this response

At the moment I’m afraid I can’t talk about what our plans (if any) for VITA and Plus are.

Seems pretty positive to me. If there wasn't going to be anything i assume he would come right out and say so...

anddo0

Are you not taxed on PSN purchases? I am not currently taxed by amazon.com but I'm always taxed by PSN; for me its 9.75%

Some claim Sony stopped charging tax on PSN purchases after the hack. I personally didn't notice the until last fall. But, no I don't pay tax. If the game is $34.99, I pay that price.

Probably. Still, I think the 3DS's first 6+ months are a good cautionary tale of potential post-launch disappointment, especially since the Vita is pretty much destined for an even bumpier ride.

Compare the launch lineup of both systems. Vita is in a whole different ballpark. There is a great selection of titles at launch and the first few months have several games I want.

I picked up the 3DS at launch and bought maybe 5 games in the first six months. With the Vita, I'm getting 5 games on launch day. That isn't including DD only titles like Stardust. Beyond launch day I have at least three titles I want to pick up in March.

You need to buy everything with PSN cards and "move" somewhere else. I was getting taxed hard by Sony too until I "moved" to California. And the people that claim Sony stopped charging tax after the PSN debacle are wrong. I was being charged.

Anyone got pics or impressions on the official case that seems to be JP exclusive? The one that comes in blue/white/black... I see the UK travel pack has the thicker (6cm wide) case.. which would be cheaper for me to get than just the smaller case alone from Japan.. but 6cm sounds pretty dang fat when i will probably not be taking chargers with me all over the place.

On another note, i've been playing Wipeout Pure in anticipation - I have 130 odd gold medals but what looks like 200 more to go (thanks to all the DLC). This game surely has a lot of content but man did they have to make a 'trophy' for every possible permutation of mode track and speed?! Well i guess it *has* lasted me a while!

Those PSN prices have made me waiver slightly on my 32GB choice, however I'm pretty sure it will be the best choice for me since I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford the 32GB over the 8/16GB options right now, and ast the gen lasts, the 32GB will be able to (relatively) hold its value in comparison to the smaller variants.

Those PSN prices have made me waiver slightly on my 32GB choice, however I'm pretty sure it will be the best choice for me since I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford the 32GB over the 8/16GB options right now, and ast the gen lasts, the 32GB will be able to (relatively) hold its value in comparison to the smaller variants.

Just buy the games you intend to keep playing for a long time. Even if the PSN discount is only slight, at least you'll have them on a single card.

I'm still kind of tempted to buy a 32GB card.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm not interested in the launch titles and PSP2 is no longer on PSN so I'm about to cancel this.
FU Sega

Can anyone please give me a reason why I should buy this now instead of summer?

It's not on there to buy anymore, but if you bought it back when it was available, you can still DL it via download history. I'm guessing you didn't buy it back when, right? I really wonder what the deal is with Sega on this one. I really hope they put it back up so others can buy it and I can find people to play with. :|

I'm going to try and go to Best Buy or Gamestop today and get my first hands on with the Vita. That's going to be my tipping point on this thing.

Just buy the games you intend to keep playing for a long time. Even if the PSN discount is only slight, at least you'll have them on a single card.

I did the same. No more 32 for me. I swapped it out for an 8, and will gladly buy a 32 at some point in the future when it's dropped significantly in price. At this point in time it's just not wise for me to spend more on PSN versions than it is to buy them retail from Amazon, which negated my need for all that space.

Yeah, like Lumines would be a perfect game to get for that. I want to see the discounts PS+ members get before I start going digital with an PSV games, but I'm definitely going to utilize it for PSP titles and PS1 titles (once they become active :| )

The PS1 and PSP games are actually what's keeping me tied to the 32GB card right now in all honesty.

Hmm. I should check out a video tutorial on switching accounts. I might want to grab some japanese demos at launch.

If you can, post impressions on it (or a video) if you find one.

I'm thinking of maybe getting the starter kit, but the only reason would be to have the second 4GB mem card around so I can easily switch regions. But IIRC it's tied to the system or something....? I'm not really sure on how it works. If I could just take out one mem card and put in another and isntantly have access to another region/account I would.

If you can, post impressions on it (or a video) if you find one.

I'm thinking of maybe getting the starter kit, but the only reason would be to have the second 4GB mem card around so I can easily switch regions. But IIRC it's tied to the system or something....? I'm not really sure on how it works. If I could just take out one mem card and put in another and isntantly have access to another region/account I would.

People keep saying that switching memory cards requires a reset. I'm not sure what is involved in a reset. Are all my systems settings reset to default? Do I have to set everything up again when I switch back? I'm not clear on this.

Number45

People keep saying that switching memory cards requires a reset. I'm not sure what is involved in a reset. Are all my systems settings reset to default? Do I have to set everything up again when I switch back? I'm not clear on this.

This man has posted a tutorial on his YT channel I believe, although I can't remember the name of the channel off of the top f my head.

I believe you need to restore to factory settings (but not format the card) so I guess you'll need to set it up again.

This man has posted a tutorial on his YT channel I believe, although I can't remember the name of the channel off of the top f my head.

I believe you need to restore to factory settings (but not format the card) so I guess you'll need to set it up again.

Uh. Restoring to factory settings sounds like a pain. I'll take a look at the video.

Edit: I think this is the channel. I don't see the video. Might be in one of his PSN vids.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Pre-ordered my Vita yesterday at a local Best Buy, going for the Launch Day Bundle.

Now, someone clarify something for me: the Vita they were initially launching before on launch day (4gb mem card), its now been upgraded to a package that has an 8 GB card, that AT&T card, and a code for a free PSN game? Or is that an entirely different SKU? If it is a different SKU entirely, I'm gonna need to head back there and change my pre-order. :p

e_i

Pre-ordered my Vita yesterday at a local Best Buy, going for the Launch Day Bundle.

Now, someone clarify something for me: the Vita they were initially launching before on launch day (4gb mem card), its now been upgraded to a package that has an 8 GB card, that AT&T card, and a code for a free PSN game? Or is that an entirely different SKU? If it is a different SKU entirely, I'm gonna need to head back there and change my pre-order. :p

Feb 15 First Edition Bundle:
3G Vita
4 GB card
Case
Little Deviants
PSN game
250 MB with ATT

Feb 22 3G Bundle
3G Vita
8 GB card
PSN game
250 MB with ATT

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Feb 15 First Edition Bundle:
3G Vita
4 GB card
Case
Little Deviants
PSN game
250 MB with ATT

Feb 22 3G Bundle
3G Vita
8 GB card
PSN game
250 MB with ATT

Yeah, got the Feb 22 one, but what I'm just asking to make sure (I'm aware whats in it). Its because the salesperson at Best Buy never got word from higher up that they increased the bundles in the first place, its not even listed in their system that their bundles have those upgraded things.

I miss the days when games and accessories would pop up on shelves a week or two before launch. Everything seems to be scheduled for launch day now.

e_i

Yeah, got the Feb 22 one, but what I'm just asking to make sure (I'm aware whats in it). Its because the salesperson at Best Buy never got word from higher up that they increased the bundles in the first place, its not even listed in their system that their bundles have those upgraded things.

I believe the bundles are the same everywhere. The bundles updated a few days ago, so stores probably don't have it their systems yet. My GS had no idea about them either.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I believe the bundles are the same everywhere. The bundles updated a few days ago, so stores probably don't have it their systems yet. My GS had no idea about them either.

Without reading his post, this was the case with 2 Gamestop's I tried yesterday. The both said they were both separate bundles and had no clue that you would get the data plan and PSN game with the 1st edition as well.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I got this one, it "slimfits" around the Vita and has a small gap for the headphone-plug. I wanted bare-minimum so I went for it.
Seeing how my friend's Kindle was massacred in his bag while being in a soft pouch, I've decided never to use that kind of "protection" for things with screens...

TripOpt55

Yeah that seems like it will be kind of annoying, but I want me and my brother to be able to use our own accounts on there, so I guess it is nice there is a way. Too bad you can't just have multiple profiles like on PS3. That'd be so nice.

BadWolf

Seeing how my friend's Kindle was massacred in his bag while being in a soft pouch, I've decided never to use that kind of "protection" for things with screens...

I've been using the soft pouch that came with my psp for a couple of years now (its with me pretty much every day to and from work) and there's no probs with the psp.

AMAZING

Are the Hori screen protectors shipping now? Amazon says they ship in 1-2 months. Someone tell me if I order it that it will be here like this week.

Just FYI:

Mine hasn't shipped yet. I placed my order on January 19th. My delivery estimate is (and has always been) February 7 - February 14.

Definitely getting this on release (with money from tax returns!) ... Just need to figure out what games I'm gonna pick up with it. I was REALLY hoping Ruin would be out. dungeon crawler... hidden in my pocket?!!

I just want some RPGs / possibly (one) multiplayer game / and some puzzle games

Eusis

I admit, I AM sort of going back and forth on this. The key difference between this and the PSP is that the PSP didn't allow you to play a back catalog of games on a really nice OLED screen and (when relevant) with dual stick support effectively added to it. Still, it's SMARTER to get this when Disgaea 3 and/or Gravity Rush are out, Disgaea 3 gives me a Vita-native piece of software that'll last more than long enough for the new system novelty to wear off and not let buyer's remorse set in from lack of use alone, and Gravity Rush looks like an amazing idea and sounds like it SUCCEEDS very well at it. That, and most of the games I'd want twin stick support for most (3rd Birthday, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite) are UMD games I have, and unless we see a UMD Passport program afterall or at least some really nice deals I'm not looking to repurchase anything just for that.

What is everyone's thoughts on Dungeon Hunter Alliance? What I notice IMMEDIATELY, that completely turns me off is "Ubisoft"

Should I expect the game to have some ridiculous DRM system which embeds itself into the system to prevent resale?

but in all seriousness, the game does look promising.. and looks like I'll get my dungeon crawler fix from it. Opinions ?

Edit: Oh dear god... I just noticed.. Published by Ubisoft... developed by Gameloft... o_o

I think I'll just wait for Ruin (Warrior's Lair)

Will there be any other RPGs on release?

I don't do JRPGs :p

What is everyone's thoughts on Dungeon Hunter Alliance? What I notice IMMEDIATELY, that completely turns me off is "Ubisoft"

Should I expect the game to have some ridiculous DRM system which embeds itself into the system to prevent resale?

but in all seriousness, the game does look promising.. and looks like I'll get my dungeon crawler fix from it. Opinions ?

Ubisoft turns you off? Gameloft is what turned me off. And 40 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom