• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binabik15

I gotz a Vita!!!!11!one

But not my games or memory card. Yay. Now, which PSN account to use for Vita. Retail games work no matter the region, right? But what about patches?

Eusis

I gotz a Vita!!!!11!one

But not my games or memory card. Yay. Now, which PSN account to use for Vita. Retail games work no matter the region, right? But what about patches?
I'm GUESSING that, given you don't need to buy patches, it'll check with a central server or something and get it based on the version of the game, regardless of account played with. But I wouldn't know for sure, at the very least something like booting Dark Souls on my Japanese account months back did not let me get the patch early, so it's going to care more about the version of the game than the account.

tzare

Little Deviants is surprisingly fun! So far, I've played 10 game modes and I enjoyed them all. My only grip is that it forces you to use touchscreen and tilt. All of the game modes can be played with dualsticks and buttons with ease yet this forces you to go waggle.

i was offered to choose LD or RealityFIghters, which one would be the best choice? i will probably trade in but in case i keep the game ....

btw, this thread is kinda positive after all the doom&gloom, people seem really excited and hopefully the system delivers and sells well

Narration - i see no options for commentary language (obviously this is the US version) - i will have a dig around, maybe hidden in other options

Dutch commentary is awesome! "THERE IS BEAR CUM! THERE IS BEAR CUM! THERE IS BEAR CUM!" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdtdV_heCpo )

Frame drops - played about 8 games, i saw one point of framedrops and it was extremely slight. There is a more obvious bug though - when other games are in progress and you get score updates, you will sometimes see that the pop up scores show that a team has "-1"

So it shows up as, e.g. "Ajax 0 - -1 VVV" - the -1 flashes to indicate the goal and it switches to "Ajax 0 - 0 VVV"

it's a relatively small bug as the games never end with any team having a negative score but it's really odd to see.

Thanks mate! Bergkamp was a really great soccerplayer ( my favourite tbh ) and the Dutch commentary on his goal (commentary: Jack van Gelder ) is awesome and very famous over here in the Netherlands.
Also big coincidence that you mention VVV ( I live in the town Venlo where they play their matches )

Synchronicity lol:D

One last question before I order: is the language English or "American English"?
Thanks again _O_

Binabik15

I'm GUESSING that, given you don't need to buy patches, it'll check with a central server or something and get it based on the version of the game, regardless of account played with. But I wouldn't know for sure, at the very least something like booting Dark Souls on my Japanese account months back did not let me get the patch early, so it's going to care more about the version of the game than the account.

I'll boot up my PS3 and compare PSN prices, then decide.

OMG DAT VITA IS SO SEXY! Quite a bit more weight to it than the PSP Slim, giant screen, the buttons and sticks move like a dream, it feels fantastically well build.

Can't wait to play, err, the Welcome Park thing. Amazon, why are you giving it to me a day early but with no memory card or games? I can't even download demos or PSP games.

Sick fuckers.

wheepenpen

Neo Member
Guys, please help me out on this one. I wanna buy two US Vita games ( FIFA soccer and Wipeout ). But will the content be the same and will I be able to go online on a European network?

Any word on this?

Wipeout uses an online pass, which, going by the Japanese version, will be region locked. The code included probably won't work on the EU network, and the online pass bought from the EU store probably wont work with the US game. If you plan on just playing on a US account though, it'll be fine.

i was offered to choose LD or RealityFIghters, which one would be the best choice? i will probably trade in but in case i keep the game ....

btw, this thread is kinda positive after all the doom&gloom, people seem really excited and hopefully the system delivers and sells well

Haven't played RealityFighters but LD deserves a chance. It's not liked by GAF for some reason. It's a keeper on my end. It's fun, entertaining and it's a good time pass. Use of Vita's features are smart and is a great starting ground on introducing someone to them.

tzare

Haven't played RealityFighters but LD deserves a chance. It's not liked by GAF for some reason. It's a keeper on my end. It's fun, entertaining and it's a good time pass. Use of Vita's features are smart and is a great starting ground on introducing someone to them.

thanks ! i will reconsider then, as you said most opinions weren't positive so far.

Wipeout uses an online pass, which, going by the Japanese version, will be region locked. The code included probably won't work on the EU network, and the online pass bought from the EU store probably wont work with the US game. If you plan on just playing on a US account though, it'll be fine.

Very usefull information thanks! So, if I buy the US version of Wipeout I have to redeem the code (online pass), and you think that this code might not work on my European network.

Can anyone confirm this please?

El-Suave

I'm getting a Wifi Vita + 8 GB Memory Card + discounted Fifa Football + preorder box from Amazon.de. I used the online coupon from the preorder box on Escape Plan.

I'm also getting Touch My Katamari for £20 from Amazon UK, it was that cheap a while ago.

I just don't know if I shall get Everybody's Golf from PSN or as a physical copy.

Eusis

You'd probably have a different reaction if it weren't the FEB bundled game, at the very least apathy rather than resentment. Or maybe if it was in a similar deal, like bundled with all systems rather than just FEB (though something else would need to raise the value of that).

Eusis

What's with the thread title? That's a bit much, no?
When you look purely at features and design... it may be subjective but it's VERY hard to argue with. Obviously once actual GAMES are factored in it becomes hazier, though great (DD) PSP BC combined with a strong launch help keep it from being a wonderful piece of tech without a use.

Yjynx

Great they said that my Vita hasn't arrived yet. Just how the hell the one that peroder get it at later date?

Wooo! Finally Wipeout is working online for a change!

For the first time since I bought it I can now see the leader-boards and got notification messages about people on my friends list who beat my lap times.

Jellzy

Neo Member
Pre-ordered from play.com on Sunday night.

PlayStation Vita Console Bundle + Virtua Tennis 4 + 8GB Memory Card - Wi-Fi & 3G (With Pre-Order Pack) = £277.99
+
Officially Licensed PlayStation Vita Starter Kit = £17.99

Can the £5 dicount code from the pre-order pack be used on 'Interstellar Pack/Bundle' (Super Stardust Delta + Blast pack) or would you have to use it on SSD then buy the DLC seperately? If not then I'll probably use the discount code on Escape Plan and pick up the SSD pack for full price.

Also plan on picking up Motorstorm RC at £4.79.

Also has anyone's play.com order been sent out yet? The starter pack had it's status changed to dispatched this morning but the Vita is still at 'Processing in warehouse’.

Cheers.

When you look purely at features and design... it may be subjective but it's VERY hard to argue with. Obviously once actual GAMES are factored in it becomes hazier, though great (DD) PSP BC combined with a strong launch help keep it from being a wonderful piece of tech without a use.

You have a point. I might go stare at it later if I have a second.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hmm...is Frobisher Says out tomorrow? For preorder people? TheSixthAxis knows its download size (400MB) which makes me wonder if it's in the launch day batch.

Cookie18

I have to admit. I got a little upset when I noticed the previous thread was locked.

Just one day to go guys! I am going to Game today to cancel the games I have pre-ordered (buying them from HMV instead) and to see how much it will set me back for a 16gb card after trading in the 8gb.

The only problem with doing this is that I won't have my Vita until 3pm tomorrow so it means going out of my way a little before the shops shut in order to receive and then trade in the 8gb.

Edit: Amazon also charged my account for the Vita while I was asleep. I have never been so happy to see £280 leave my account :)

Bumhead

Banned
Still waiting on my delivery, argh. Getting tense now.. come ooooon.

In the mean time, could someone change the thread title to be a little more cohesive? Maybe "PS Vita Western Launch |OT2| Simply The Most Desirable Handheld Yet Released" or something? The ,p. 2 | bit in the existing title is really annoying.

Pachimari

My photos for the new thread:

PS Vita photographies

I just took some pictures with my Canon 60D:

hDIvOl.jpg

Some review copies

nf4GTl.jpg

My PlayStation Vita and it's Sony brother HMZ-T1

RSJLUl.jpg

Should I take more pictures?

Anyway, which of my games can be played without a memory card?

K1LLER7

Pre-ordered from play.com on Sunday night.

Also has anyone's play.com order been sent out yet? The starter pack had it's status changed to dispatched this morning but the Vita is still at 'Processing in warehouse’.

Cheers.

I ordered on Sunday too, still 'processing in warehouse'

dc89

I ordered on Sunday too, still 'processing in warehouse'

You guys should have/get a email soon which basically says thanks for ordering, we are now processing it and it will be handed over to DPD today for delivery tomorrow. Even with that email it will still sit as processing in warehouse. You then get another email once it's dispatched, I don't think anyone will have one of them yet.

A few people who ordered there have had that email. It's not the email you get strait after placing the order.

Midou

Yep, I mean if a handheld game were to be announced right now, I'd wish it was on Vita, with controls, screen, etc, it's much more pleasant to play things on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom