• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

Heads up to US Amazon people. Amazon charged my debit card and my checking acct reflects Amazon's charge.

My status is now at "Shipping Soon."

DemonNite

slightly cleaner EU games list and prices. EA with some major chops still pushing Fifa at full price. And obligatory lolF1. Nice to see Plants vs Zombies and Mutant Blobs on that day 1 list though. 30 titles now for the EU launch.

A-Men (£11.99/€14.99)
Army Corps Of Hell (£34.99/€39.99)
Asphalt: Injection (£19.99/€24.99)
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend (£34.99/€39.99)
Cliff Diving (Ar Suite – Digital) (Free)
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (£29.99/€34.99)
Dynasty Warriors Next (£29.99/€34.99)
EA Sports FIFA Football (£44.99/€49.99)
Escape Plan (£9.99/€12.99)
Everybody’s Golf (£29.99/€34.99)
F1 2011 (£44.99/€49.99)
Fireworks (Ar Suite – Digital) (Free)
Hustle Kings (Psn Only) (£6.49/€7.99)
Little Deviants Trial & Unlock (£19.99/€24.99)
Lumines Electronic Symphony (£29.99/€34.99)
Michael Jackson The Experience HD (£24.99/€19.99)
Modnation Racers: Road Trip (£29.99/€34.99)
Motorstorm RC (Psn Only) (£4.79/€5.99)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (£29.99/€34.99)
Plants Vs Zombies (Soe) (£8.99/€11.25)
Rayman Origins (£29.99/€34.99)
Reality Fighters (£19.99/€24.99)
Ridge Racer (£16.99/€19.99)
Ridge Racer Gold Pass (£5.49/€6.99)
Shinobido 2 (£34.99/€39.99)
Super Stardust Delta & DLC Bundle (£7.99/€9.99)
Super Stardust™ Delta (PSN Only) (£6.49/€7.99)
Table Football (Ar Suite – Digital) (Free)
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (M/D Not Verified Yet) (£5.49/€6.99)
Top Darts (Psn Only) (£6.49/€7.99)
Touch My Katamari (£24.99/€29.99)
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (£39.99/€44.99)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (£39.99/€44.99)
Virtua Tennis 4 – World Tour Edition (£34.99/€39.99)
Wipeout 2048 + Network pass (£29.99/€34.99)

I'd rather them not put them up at all. I'd also love to see how many units they sell when priced like that on the PSN store.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Portable system. Am going on several coach and train trips this weekend, was going to be the systems first loving outdoors jaunt. Will have to pick up another case in the meantime before the actual one arrives.

Missing launch is unfathomably stupid.

Very glad to see Mutant Blobs Attack there for the UK store!

Currently signed into my JPN account and loading up on demoes since I dont have any games arrived yet and cant wait til tonight (altho a Unit 13 demo, sweet!). Can I reset the Vita system and then login to my UK account without having to take the memory card out?

That would mean I could download games to my mem card from my Euro account and then play it on my US account? I cant imagine that would work, but can anyone verify ?

Cartman86

Banned
Awesome, demos for Uncharted and Wipeout. I had thought about buying one of them mostly as a graphics demo but I guess I can wait.

I'm hoping you can start downloading these to a PS3 today, so it's just a matter of transferring tomorrow.

These have been up on at least the NA store for a week now. You have to manually search though.

test_account

XP-39C²
Less than 24 hours left for me! I got the games today (thought i would get them yesterday), so now i only need the Vita itself :)

I have not even turned on my PlayStation Vita yet, I'm still taking pictures of it 2 hours after I have gotten it haha.

zqywol.jpg
Nice picture, looks very classy :)

Goldrusher

gb.png
PLAYSTATION STORE EUROPE

DEMOS

► Dynasty Warriors Next
► Little Deviants
► Modnation Racers: Road Trip
► Uncharted: Golden Abyss
► Unit 13
► WipEout 2048

GAMES

PlayStation Store only:

► A-Men (€14.99)
► MotorStorm RC (€5.99) *
► Super Stardust Delta (€7.99) (€9.99 with DLC)
► Escape Plan (€12.99)
► Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (€6.99)
► Plants vs Zombies (€11.25)
► Hustle Kings (€7.99) (free if you have the PS3-game)
► Top Darts (€7.99) (free if you have the PS3-game)
► Cliff Diving (free)
► Table Football (free)
► Fireworks (free)

* playable on both PS3 and PSVITA

also available on game card:

► Army Corps of Hell (€39.99)
► Asphalt Injection (€24.99)
► BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (€39.99)
► Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (€34.99)
► Dynasty Warriors Next (€34.99)
► Everybody's Golf (€34.99)
► F1 2011 (€49.99) *
► FIFA Football (€49.99)
► Little Deviants (€24.99)
► Lumines Elecronic Symphony (€34.99)
► Michael Jackson: The Experience (€19.99)
► ModNation Racers: Road Trip (€34.99)
► Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (€34.99)
► Rayman Origins (€34.99)
► Reality Fighters (€24.99)
► Ridge Racer (€19.99)
► Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen (€39.99)
► Touch My Katamari (€29.99)
► Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (€44.99)
► Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition (€39.99)
► Uncharted: Golden Abyss (€44.99)
► WipEout 2048 (€34.99)

* Not available in Australia, Belgium, India, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates

APPS

► Facebook (free)
► Live Tweet (free)
► Flickr (free)
► Foursquare (free)​

ksimm

Anyone else's Vita have an imperfection at the top? Mine has a little dent so it's going back. :[
P.S lovely bit of kit, feels quite weighty compared to my old PSP 2000.

Pachimari

One more I took, it actually looks stunning (the PS Vita)

CaHLEl.jpg

But I think it's more light weight than PSP-1000, still feels more plasticky than the original PSP - but it have been like 4 years since I had a PSP in my hands.

Analog comparison with a Dual Shock 3 controller

4xvhWl.jpg

making the games more expensive than PS3 games is a joke....Uncharted Golden Abyss looks great, but pricing it higher than U3 is a bit of joke...U3 absolutely blows it away in terms of production values from what I have seen

Dizzle24

Dude... its a case. Amazon shipped my Vita today and I will get it tomorrow, but my Memory card will only arrive 2 days later. THATS stupid.
This is why I changed my Amazon order last night; Had the same case, a 4gb card and the Vita, delivery date was 24th. Figured out why I couldn't get Release date delivery; the card was 2 days out and the case wasn't out until March 5th. Ordered just the Vita and was able to choose Release date delivery. Yay.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Creating a setlist worth of music to sync to my vita as soon as I get it. Got MArvel, Uncharted, Lunies, Rayman, and my 32 gb today from amazon.

Only thing to do now is to head to the military exchange, 5 in the morning sharp. I don't know who else wants the vita but I know they are going to have 6 or 7 Vitas, not going to take my chances!

Pachimari

Anastacio, I must ask you to stop posting those pictures as I am not be able to wait any longer.

Hehehe funny. I'm just excited taking pictures of it, not actually using it - weird feeling.
I'm really annoyed at not having a memory card. Lockerz have still not sent it. :(

DBT85

I'd rather them not put them up at all. I'd also love to see how many units they sell when priced like that on the PSN store.

Same, but they'll never tell us.

Also the Unchatred Golden Abyss DLC is a map that shows you the location of every treasure

It’s an in-game map that shows the locations of the hidden treasures to help any Platinum hunters out there.

Raonak

Banned
making the games more expensive than PS3 games is a joke....Uncharted Golden Abyss looks great, but pricing it higher than U3 is a bit of joke...U3 absolutely blows it away in terms of production values from what I have seen

Well, U3 was $60 at launch, so not higher price.

Obviously, U3 has been out for longer, so it would have dropped in price. You can't really compare the price of games at different stages of their release.
It's like comparing a new game at $60, with a game that's been out for a while and has dropped to $20. :/

Same, but they'll never tell us.

Also the Unchatred Golden Abyss DLC is a map that shows you the location of every treasure

Goddammit... On one hand...it's kinda crappy. On the other hand, it seems amazingly useful compared to having a treasure guide open. Will probably buy it when im sweeping for treasures. It's cheap, so can't complain.

Binabik15

Sooo, I'm trying to figure out the initial setup.

When I choose to use my account, it says a system update is available and I have to update before I can use my account. But how do I update when I'm stuck at the USE/Do Not USe stage? Le fuck?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
That would mean I could download games to my mem card from my Euro account and then play it on my US account? I cant imagine that would work, but can anyone verify ?

No luck, memcards are bound to certain accounts it seems.

Can I be logged in with my PS3 and my Vita at the same time in the same account?

madmackem

those EU prices are bs.. i can get them cheaper at dvd.co.uk

That was always going to be the case, just like god on xbox and full retail downloads on psn they cant piss off the brick and mortar stores so thats why prices are more or less rrp.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Shit, Everybody Golf/Hot Shots has an online pass? Should I cancel my Amazon US order if I'm going to use it on an AU PSN account?

I got it in the B2G1 free deal, but could swap it for something else...

Gustav

Banned
Sooo, I'm trying to figure out the initial setup.

When I choose to use my account, it says a system update is available and I have to update before I can use my account. But how do I update when I'm stuck at the USE/Do Not USe stage? Le fuck?

Use a "guest" account, do the update, then connect to your real account.

No luck, memcards are bound to certain accounts it seems.

Can I be logged in with my PS3 and my Vita at the same time in the same account?

What I want to know is if I can use the Vita for cross game chat while playing online on the PS3?

Pachimari

Here's how all the AR cards look

KLaD9l.jpg

PS Vita AR card & 3DS AR Card

k3x02l.jpg

I got no more photographies for a while, I wanna charge the PS Vita first. :)

PaulLFC

So unless I'm reading that list wrong, SCEE can't even give us the 10% digital discount that the US gets? That's just poor, I like their pricing of PSN titles but for digital downloads of retail games, no way I'll be buying them if they can't even keep the same level of discount in all territories.

Shit, Everybody Golf/Hot Shots has an online pass? Should I cancel my Amazon US order if I'm going to use it on an AU PSN account?

Yeah cancel it if you have an AU PSN account, you won't be able to redeem the online pass most likely.

(Or just ebay it.)

f@luS

More than a member.
gb.png
PLAYSTATION STORE EUROPE

DEMOS

► Dynasty Warriors Next
► Little Deviants
► Modnation Racers: Road Trip
► Uncharted: Golden Abyss
► Unit 13
► WipEout 2048

GAMES

PlayStation Store only:

► A-Men (€14.99)
► MotorStorm RC (€5.99) *
► Super Stardust Delta (€7.99) (€9.99 with DLC)
► Escape Plan (€12.99)
► Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (€6.99)
► Plants vs Zombies (€11.25)
► Hustle Kings (€7.99) (free if you have the PS3-game)
► Top Darts (€7.99) (free if you have the PS3-game)
► Cliff Diving (free)
► Table Football (free)
► Fireworks (free)

* playable on both PS3 and PSVITA

also available on game card:

► Army Corps of Hell (€39.99)
► Asphalt Injection (€24.99)
► BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (€39.99)
► Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (€34.99)
► Dynasty Warriors Next (€34.99)
► Everybody's Golf (€34.99)
► F1 2011 (€49.99) *
► FIFA Football (€49.99)
► Little Deviants (€24.99)
► Lumines Elecronic Symphony (€34.99)
► Michael Jackson: The Experience (€19.99)
► ModNation Racers: Road Trip (€34.99)
► Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (€34.99)
► Rayman Origins (€34.99)
► Reality Fighters (€24.99)
► Ridge Racer (€19.99)
► Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen (€39.99)
► Touch My Katamari (€29.99)
► Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (€44.99)
► Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition (€39.99)
► Uncharted: Golden Abyss (€44.99)
► WipEout 2048 (€34.99)

* Not available in Australia, Belgium, India, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates

APPS

► Facebook (free)
► Live Tweet (free)
► Flickr (free)
► Foursquare (free)​

amazong price for stardust & motorstorm
will get with dlc at 10€

and nice price for ridge racer...might bite at 20€

mrklaw

MrArseFace

yes.

I have the Japanese version but I'm double dipping for a UK version for online. I guess I'll have to start over with the save game

When the EU versions start arriving, could someone scan and upload the AR cards? I don't have them with my Japanese Vita and i'd like to try out the AR games on the store.

edit: are the AR games free for everyone on the EU store? I thought you got codes in the box to download them, but the blog isn't showing a price for them.

Carl

My copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss came this morning. Now i just have to wait for my Vita :D

Got a dispatch email for my Vita + preorder pack. Got a delay email for my Thrustmaster VIP case :/. Just waiting for my memory card to be sent now. COME ON AMAZON

SRTtoZ

lolwut. PS3 games are $60 new...UC:GA just came out and its 49.99 and most other Vita games are 29.99 and 39.99, please check your facts ASAP.

DBT85

So unless I'm reading that list wrong, SCEE can't even give us the 10% digital discount that the US gets? That's just poor, I like their pricing of PSN titles but for digital downloads of retail games, no way I'll be buying them if they can't even keep the same level of discount in all territories.

Fifa and F1 are full price but I'm fairly sure everything else is discounted the same as the US. Uncharted RRP is £45 for example.

Also just noticed that we get the Super Stardust addon for just £2.40 if we buy seperately or £1.50 if we get the bundle. In the US it's like $8 or $5 if bought in the bundle.

gembel

yes.

I have the Japanese version but I'm double dipping for a UK version for online. I guess I'll have to start over with the save game

When the EU versions start arriving, could someone scan and upload the AR cards? I don't have them with my Japanese Vita and i'd like to try out the AR games on the store.

edit: are the AR games free for everyone on the EU store? I thought you got codes in the box to download them, but the blog isn't showing a price for them.

you can download the cards here: http://us.playstation.com/psvita/apps/psvita-app-ar.html

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
ARGH, Why do FIFA, Marvel and Wipeout have to be out of Stock on that Amazon B2G1.

I'd replace Hotshots with any of them in a heartbeat.

:(

Maybe I'll just order Marvel and wait for it all.

DBT85

EU blog just confirmed that PVZ and mutant blobs are for launch

Yes, but they are ready for launch. I’m working with SOE to try and get a post on PvZ so that you know what you’re getting before you buy.

30 fucking games.

dc89

My copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss came this morning. Now i just have to wait for my Vita :D

Got a dispatch email for my Vita + preorder pack. Got a delay email for my Thrustmaster VIP case :/. Just waiting for my memory card to be sent now. COME ON AMAZON

I heard if you put that Vita game card into any SD Card slot on say a computer you can not only play the game but unlocked a hidden game mode.

/tryandruinyourday

PaulLFC

Fifa and F1 are full price but I'm fairly sure everything else is discounted the same as the US. Uncharted RRP is £45 for example.

Also just noticed that we get the Super Stardust addon for just £2.40 if we buy seperately or £1.50 if we get the bundle. In the US it's like $8 or $5 if bought in the bundle.
Ahh okay, that's not so bad then I guess. PSN game prices are great, just wish they'd show a bit more forward thinking like that with (at least first party) retail games.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

Well, apparently demos and stuff all have different levels of locked, so trial by error, but I've got some JPN demos running while logged into my UK account! Resetting is a chore tho, so i'd advise it to be a very rare thing. Heres my pathway:

- Started up Vita first time, system update, then logged into my JPN account. Went to Content Manager on my PS3 and ported across all the demos I've downloaded. I assume you could just nab them from PSN Store on the Vita.

- Reset Vita System, its factory restore option in Settings. I chose not to deactivate, which may have been a mistake, dunno, but it offered to wipe my memcard as well but I declined.

- System restarts, back to same first start up. This time put in UK PSN account. Demos still on the card.

Have only booted up Gravity Daze demo so far, will try Wipeout, Uncharted, and Virtua Tennis after.

Pachimari

yes.

You get a download voucher in the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom