• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCX

DCX
Don't know if this has been answered but does the Vita allow for use of a Bluetooth stereo headset?

I have a Logitech one that I use while mowing the lawn with my phone..I wonder if I can use them here, if so that would be amazingly great! :)

DCX

I audibly roll my eyes whenever I hear someone slag the launch lineup. It's so good.

I really cant think of a launch even close to this. There are so many games, and a lot of them are big games. I have no idea how support will be going forward, but they did a fantastic job of getting stuff ready for launch.

Don't know if this has been answered but does the Vita allow for use of a Bluetooth stereo headset?

I have a Logitech one that I use while mowing the lawn with my phone..I wonder if I can use them here, if so that would be amazingly great! :)

DCX

Yep. A2DP 2.1 support is a go.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member

DCX

I remember seeing it mentioned in the first thread, I believe you can use one.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

DCX

it supports regular bt headsets so I see no reason why it shouldn't support yours. It has a 4 digit code right.

Takuya

Banned

DCX

Not as far as I've seen, at least not in the settings.

Edit: Apparently you can? Probably gonna have to read the manual. Don't see any option to add a bt headset.

Attention to Gearbox: Borderlands on Vita plz.

Borderlands 2 with cross platform support would be amazeballs.

Not as far as I've seen, at least not in the settings.

Edit: Apparently you can? Probably gonna have to read the manual. Don't see any option to add a bt headset.

From http://us.playstation.com/psvita/tech-specs/

Mobile network connectivity (3G)
IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1x1)(Wi-Fi)(Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)
Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)

PaulLFC

You can't just do that conversion.
Why not? I've added on 20% after the conversion for VAT, unless we're talking about packaging and distribution costs, but I'm sure those are already well covered in the price as it is and wouldn't justify the extra £5 or more.

Has anyone's order from Play been dispatched yet? All I know is from the email I got last night it'll be some time today. Hopefully soon.

Atcha

slightly cleaner EU games list and prices. EA with some major chops still pushing Fifa at full price. And obligatory lolF1. Nice to see Plants vs Zombies and Mutant Blobs on that day 1 list though. 30 titles now for the EU launch.
[...]
EA Sports FIFA Football (£44.99/€49.99)
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (£39.99/€44.99)
[...]

DAT PRICE :/

Here we go non demat. game.

I kept telling myself I would only get 1 game at launch but I finally caved thanks to the Amazon B2G1 deal. Now I have four games to play tomorrow --- Uncharted, Lumines, Rayman, and WipEout.

I'm getting really excited.

Tweedy

Anyone's Amazon UK order been dispatched yet?

Normally with Amazon they dispatch things at the absolute last minute.

Mines shipped, with royal mail :/ no tracking info or anything, just Wifi Vita, 8gb card and Rayman in one box :) heading for my house

Jellzy

Neo Member
Why not? I've added on 20% after the conversion for VAT, unless we're talking about packaging and distribution costs, but I'm sure those are already well covered in the price as it is and wouldn't justify the extra £5 or more.

Has anyone's order from Play been dispatched yet? All I know is from the email I got last night it'll be some time today. Hopefully soon.

Just got off the phone with them (as I still haven't received the email too let me know it's dispatched) and they are hoping to have them sent out by the end of the day and hopefully in your hands via DPD at some point tomorrow.

I wouldn't be suprised if a few folk never got theirs till thursday though.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Can I transfer uninstalled PS1 "bubbles" from my PS3 to any VITA account?

Zampano

Why have Amazon despatched my vita and case without the memory card and Rayman from the bundle? I knew they'd fuck this up. Should have cancelled and reordered instead of using their code setup. Will be pissed if I'm at home tomorrow with a Vita but no game and no way to download anything...

Ready to grab my Vita later tonight. After I get off work today, I'm going to swing by Toys R Us and see if they got more accessories in, and try hitting Target up again for the B2G1 sale. If that fails, I'll get a game or two at TRU, then finish out my buying when I pick up the system at Gamestop tonight.

It looks like I'll have my Vita with me when I get on the plane tomorrow morning at 7:30AM.

Carl

Looks like i'll be lining these downloads up tonight ready for tomorrow then

-Everybody's Golf
-Escape Plan
-Motorstorm RC
-Super Stardust
-Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!

Can't wait ;D

GAME just called me to tell me that there's no midnight launch and no early opening tomorrow.

At least they confirmed that they've got my Vita!

Binabik15

UK or German PSN account?

I guess Germany will be shafted with cut or unreleased games, but I could use my CC instead of having to use cards. I haven't bought anything from PSN before, but, you know, with PSP games on Vita having to be DD that has to change.

mujun

Decided to pick one up. Getting a Japanese one with and 8GB card. All up 25,500 yen. Going to grab Gravity Daze and something else this Friday. Looking forward to taking the system for a spin.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Ps3 loaded up with vita demos and psp games. Now I play the waiting game.

Do you know whether you can only transfer them to a Vita with the same account you downloaded the Demos and psp games with?

Bumhead

Banned
Just as a general observation, at what time do Royal Mail vans stop delivering packages?

As well as my Vita I'm also waiting for a package to be redelivered that my wife missed last week, which I re-scheduled for today. To not receive anything (other than the standard mail in the morning) by almost 2pm seems late to me. Starting to panic now because even if I'm not getting my Vita today, they've also bollocked up my wife's re-delivery.

Are other people still waiting? Is it normal for them to deliver packages in the mid/late afternoon?

I am a picture of panic and impatience today.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Capture2.jpg

:|

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Same with mine. That's not really unusual, is it?

I guess I never remember when they ship for release day delivery. I need to catch my shipment so I can tell UPS to hold it at the UPS dock so I don't end up missing it and having to wait until 8pm to pick it up when the truck is back.

Carl

Just as a general observation, at what time do Royal Mail vans stop delivering packages?

As well as my Vita I'm also waiting for a package to be redelivered that my wife missed last week, which I re-scheduled for today. To not receive anything (other than the standard mail in the morning) by almost 2pm seems late to me. Starting to panic now because even if I'm not getting my Vita today, they've also bollocked up my wife's re-delivery.

Are other people still waiting? Is it normal for them to deliver packages in the mid/late afternoon?

I am a picture of panic and impatience today.

Give them a ring or a tweet, or however you prefer.

Chorazin

Wow, went to page 2 overnight? Awesome!

To everyone freaking out about your Amazon orders: if you have release date delivery, it'll ship tonight. I got the email from Amazon at 10pm last Tuesday night, and when I checked tracking it actually shipped out at 7pm, Overnight Delivery. I had it at 1pm on release date.

Don't get worried yet!

DCX

As long as it supports the BT standard audio profiles, you're good to go. I use my Jabra HALO with my Vita and it works perfect!

This launch lineup really is wonderful, especially compared to some of the ones we've seen in the past. I'm picking up 4 games (plus SSD and maybe Escape Plan) and there are still plenty of others that I'm interested in. I love my 3DS but it was quite different at launch, the only game I picked up was Shadow Wars. I also bought SSFIV a few weeks later but that was it for at least a few months.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Amazon is giving $20 credit for people who ordered a wifi unit through 2/20 to compensate for the memory card offer

Skilletor

I can't believe how simple it is to play my own music during games, and how simple a thing it is to stop my music from playing. This system is so good. Can't wait to see NGSigma tomorrow. :D

entremet

Man, is this unit sleek as hell. Played on at Best Buy and I was floored by the build quality. Makes the 3DS look like a toy. So tempted to pick one up, but not in my budget right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom