• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, U3 was $60 at launch, so not higher price.

Obviously, U3 has been out for longer, so it would have dropped in price. You can't really compare the price of games at different stages of their release.
It's like comparing a new game at $60, with a game that's been out for a while and has dropped to $20. :/

Goddammit... On one hand...it's kinda crappy. On the other hand, it seems amazingly useful compared to having a treasure guide open. Will probably buy it when im sweeping for treasures. It's cheap, so can't complain.

Hmmm, I got U3 for around £27 on release, so thats a fair bit cheaper. I am definitely waiting Uncharted out though. I think after a couple of months new games will cost £30 or less. Gaming should be somewhat cheaper on portables in my opinion.

One more I took, it actually looks stunning (the PS Vita)

CaHLEl.jpg

But I think it's more light weight than PSP-1000, still feels more plasticky than the original PSP - but it have been like 4 years since I had a PSP in my hands.

Analog comparison with a Dual Shock 3 controller

4xvhWl.jpg

Someone is in love ;)

Lovely comparison shot of the analogs sticks.

And regarding lockerz, In my experience they have not been reliable but others in this thread have gotten their games no problem. But if something does go wrong with your order dont expect it to be resolved quickly, or at all in my case, I just canceled the order still waiting on the confirmation on that too.

SRTtoZ

ARGH, Why do FIFA, Marvel and Wipeout have to be out of Stock on that Amazon B2G1.

I'd replace Hotshots with any of them in a heartbeat.

:(

Maybe I'll just order Marvel and wait for it all.

I was going to do that too but I was afraid Amazon would somehow screw up the shipping since it was going to be mixed in with something 2-5 weeks later. Instead I picked up Lumines as my 3rd game :( I'm gonna try to pick up UMvC3 locally tomorrow.

Pachimari

Someone is in love ;)

Lovely comparison shot of the analogs sticks.

And regarding lockerz, In my experience they have not been reliable but others in this thread have gotten their games no problem. But if something does go wrong with your order dont expect it to be resolved quickly, or at all in my case, I just canceled the order still waiting on the confirmation on that too.

Oh crap, this isn't good news. It says in my mail that it'll be shipped in 1-2 business days, so I'll give them tomorrow as well before canceling. If it happens, then I guess I gotta settle for a 16GB memory card.

Nah, I'm not that much in love with it, I just love taking pictures - I'm really not that excited to use it. :)

I just want a memory card. =(

SRTtoZ

Hmmm, I got U3 for around £27 on release, so thats a fair bit cheaper. I am definitely waiting Uncharted out though. I think after a couple of months new games will cost £30 or less. Gaming should be somewhat cheaper on portables in my opinion.

I dont know the conversion rate but UC3 in the US was $60 compared to UC:GA which is $50, and also if you want it cheaper, I believe Toys R Us has it for $39.99 this week. Thats been around the price of handheld games for a while now.

Of course you can "wait it out" but you can wait out any game...You pay the full price so you get to play it now, not months later.

My package with PS Vita, six games, 16 GB memory card, official starter pack and pre-order pack arrived from ShopTo about 15 minutes ago. Sadly though, I'm at work.

I only live a 10 minute walk away so I was tempted to go home but by the time, I've opened everything, it'd be time to come back to work. I think I can just about wait but it helps that I'm busy in the office anyway. 5pm will only be three hours away after I finish my lunch hour.

I have another three games coming in the post, hopefully tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out for myself. This will be my first handheld since the Gameboy Colour. Should be great for not only games but catching up on episodes of Fringe and The Walking Dead during my lunch hours at work.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I was going to do that too but I was afraid Amazon would somehow screw up the shipping since it was going to be mixed in with something 2-5 weeks later. Instead I picked up Lumines as my 3rd game :( I'm gonna try to pick up UMvC3 locally tomorrow.

They won't let me cancel, just emailed them. Bah.

Yeah I'm going to get MvC3 locally now too.

Great job on this thread OP. I love the title. I got a PSP at launch and I think I have already played my Vita more this week then I played my PSP it's first month.

Liamario

Banned
So, it's going to be:-

Vita wifi
16gb card
Rayman
Ninja Gaiden
Super Stardust Delta
Escape Plan
Later:-

Gravity Rush
Unit 13 (depending on demo)
Dragon's Crown
and others no doubt

madmackem

Fifa and F1 are full price but I'm fairly sure everything else is discounted the same as the US. Uncharted RRP is £45 for example.

Also just noticed that we get the Super Stardust addon for just £2.40 if we buy seperately or £1.50 if we get the bundle. In the US it's like $8 or $5 if bought in the bundle.

Yeah rrp for everybodys golf is £34.99 as i have a preorder for it instore in game using store credit. So its £5 cheaper on the store.

I just want a memory card. =(

The good news is that they did ship me a 32GB for a very good price, the bad news is that they did not ship the two games I ordered and have yet to explain why that's the case.

So give it a few days, if you can, once you get the shipping email you should be good to go as they include a tracking number. Good luck.

Jaroof

Has anyone else been having trouble with the rear touchpad?
Sometimes, it will work fine. Others, it won't.
The first time I encountered a problem with it was when I tried out Welcome Park's touch introductions. It wouldn't respond, even though I had used it before.
Now, I'm playing Uncharted, and right after using it for a sniping section, it suddenly stopped responding. :/
Tried putting it to sleep and turning it back on, but it didn't work.

Withnail

slightly cleaner EU games list and prices. EA with some major chops still pushing Fifa at full price. And obligatory lolF1. Nice to see Plants vs Zombies and Mutant Blobs on that day 1 list though. 30 titles now for the EU launch.

A-Men (£11.99/€14.99)
Army Corps Of Hell (£34.99/€39.99)
Asphalt: Injection (£19.99/€24.99)
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend (£34.99/€39.99)
Cliff Diving (Ar Suite – Digital) (Free)
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance (£29.99/€34.99)
Dynasty Warriors Next (£29.99/€34.99)
EA Sports FIFA Football (£44.99/€49.99)
Escape Plan (£9.99/€12.99)
Everybody’s Golf (£29.99/€34.99)
F1 2011 (£44.99/€49.99)
Fireworks (Ar Suite – Digital) (Free)
Hustle Kings (Psn Only) (£6.49/€7.99)
Little Deviants Trial & Unlock (£19.99/€24.99)
Lumines Electronic Symphony (£29.99/€34.99)
Michael Jackson The Experience HD (£24.99/€19.99)
Modnation Racers: Road Trip (£29.99/€34.99)
Motorstorm RC (Psn Only) (£4.79/€5.99)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (£29.99/€34.99)
Plants Vs Zombies (Soe) (£8.99/€11.25)
Rayman Origins (£29.99/€34.99)
Reality Fighters (£19.99/€24.99)
Ridge Racer (£16.99/€19.99)
Ridge Racer Gold Pass (£5.49/€6.99)
Shinobido 2 (£34.99/€39.99)
Super Stardust Delta & DLC Bundle (£7.99/€9.99)
Super Stardust™ Delta (PSN Only) (£6.49/€7.99)
Table Football (Ar Suite – Digital) (Free)
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (M/D Not Verified Yet) (£5.49/€6.99)
Top Darts (Psn Only) (£6.49/€7.99)
Touch My Katamari (£24.99/€29.99)
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (£39.99/€44.99)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (£39.99/€44.99)
Virtua Tennis 4 – World Tour Edition (£34.99/€39.99)
Wipeout 2048 + Network pass (£29.99/€34.99)

Some of the pricing is er ...interesting, but that is one hell of a launch day line up.

PaulLFC

Yeah rrp for everybodys golf is £34.99 as i have a preorder for it instore in game using store credit. So its £5 cheaper on the store.
Seems the prices on the store are what they should be when converted from the US price and VAT's added, but Sony have just slapped a £5 UK tax on them at retail (more in the case of Uncharted).

Nephix

Does the chinese version of Gravity Rush ( HK store ) actually include a japanese language option or did they cut it out and replace it with chinese only?

Kind of confused as it doesn't say whether that's the case or not.

DBT85

This is the image at the top of the OT I made for another forum. Kind of hits you when you see ust how many there are day 1

Launch_Games.png

Seems the prices on the store are what they should be when converted from the US price and VAT's added, but Sony have just slapped a £5 UK tax on them at retail (more in the case of Uncharted).

You can't just do that conversion.

Pachimari

The good news is that they did ship me a 32GB for a very good price, the bad news is that they did not ship the two games I ordered and have yet to explain why that's the case.

So give it a few days, if you can, once you get the shipping email you should be good to go as they include a tracking number. Good luck.

Yea, I'm pretty nervous now, but I'll give em' some time. :)

Just a correction to the OP, Ben 10: Galactic Racing is actually available in Europe, I saw it on display when I went to try out the Vita.

DMeisterJ

Banned
This is the image at the top of the OT I made for another forum. Kind of hits you when you see ust how many there are day 1

http://davy-thomas.co.uk/images/OT/Launch_Games.png[IMG]

You can't just do that conversion.[/QUOTE]The launch lineup is ridiculously good.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
My Amazon.com order has been debited and moving to 'Shipping Soon'. Hopefully its like overnight here, and it might make it here before the weekend.

Who am I kidding. :(

Shane86

Not paying more than €35 for a vita game on SEN. F1 and Fifa for €50 is a joke

Considering making a new account to use the U.S. store.

ksimm

What a cruel twist of fate this is. Vita a day early, no game or memory, and a lovely dent in the frame. :[
Oh and a set of wasted screen protectors because I put them on before I noticed the damage. DOH! :D
Still I got to play Welcome Park, got a trophy! Jumped into google maps and have a little fun with NEAR. Oh and checked my Amazon order with the browser which isn't too bad.

Looking at that list of games released tomorrow on PSN, WOW! That's one amazing launch line-up.

Plasma

Banned
Anyone's Amazon UK order been dispatched yet?

Normally with Amazon they dispatch things at the absolute last minute.

Got my Vita in the mail today from Amazon in UK :)

I have a question though for any PAL gamers that are using their US accounts for the Vita, does your AR game download code work? When I enter mine it comes up as an invalid code, I'm guessing it can only be redeemed on a Euro account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom