• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS3] Disgaea 4 Trailer | 2/24/2011 (JP) Summer 2011 (NA) [Update:Girl Punishing 193]

edbrat

Ashkeloth said:
I am hyped as hell...

or I would be, but I live in Europe, so the chances of me seeing this in the next 2 years are slim, and, due to NIS's financial status, possibly even smaller

don't scare me like this!

i agree godamnit, godspeed NI....godspeed :(

shinki

Neo Member
Ashkeloth said:
I would be, but I live in Europe, so the chances of me seeing this in the next 2 years are slim, and, due to NIS's financial status, possibly even smaller

I got number 3 imported from the NIS american store (used to be called rosen queen) and it wasn't that expensive if i remember correctly.

Also I'm glad to see Axel come back, he was my favourite character in D2.

Lain

Snuggler said:
Is third to left in last pic supposed to be a new version of Mao? I like the long hair version in pic 2 but he looks weird with long legs.

Looks like a werewolf to me (to complement the vampire dude), so it can't be Mao.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
_dementia said:
definite visual improvement

Disgaea 3 | Disgaea 4

5ai3pk.jpg

Cigol

C.T. said:
Yeah. the japanese text says, fight (for?/with?) another disgea user. Still, would be awesome.

"Disgaea 4 will allow online invasions of friends' worlds. Plus, Nippon Ichi is giving the series a serious makeover." (Eurogamer)

Looks amazing. HUGE step up from Disgaea 3. I'm proud of you, NIS. Now your insanely addictive games are becoming more presentable this gen. :D

Akainu said:
So how many years until better animations?

Really? That's all you have to say? What a douche.

C.T.

Cigol said:
"Disgaea 4 will allow online invasions of friends' worlds. Plus, Nippon Ichi is giving the series a serious makeover." (Eurogamer)

Nice. I still wonder how this works. What happens, if you got killed? Level differance etc.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
FINALLY NIS!
The new sprites look really really good! And the game is likely summer for North America, so not too much of a wait for localization.

Owensboro

I really want to get excited about this game, but after playing the 3rd one and just getting bored with it halfway through.... I don't know.

Please someone re-ignite my love of grid turn-based RPGs. I really do miss getting completely absorbed in one.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
So f**kin'' good! Proper HD sprites and more crazy attacks, pirating, a seemingly more grown up cast, online options. Day import one for the American release again for me!

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
S. L. said:
with the white hair and red jacket he looks more DMC Dante'ish

Dooood, so that's why Capcom isnt using the Dante we know... they gave him to the NIS guys! :lol

Shadow780

BEAUTIFUL!

This fucking piss me off, if D4 have HD Sprites, why can't SRW release a game with HD sprites?! Fucking incompetent fools.

Bebpo

Banned
HD sprites is nice, but honestly I was hoping that cell-shaded 3d rumor for Dis4 was true because after so many games I think the series needs a visual kick in the ass to make it fresh again, and just redrawing the same units in sharper, clearer 2d isn't really doing that imo. Still looks like the same game just bigger and cleaner now.

Looks pretty beautiful, gotta love the HD sprites! I've only touched the first one for a bit, but I'll keep an eye on this one.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Looks awesome, it's about time the series started incorporating hires sprites. Not a fan of the grindy gameplay of N1 SRPGs, but hey, at least they got the sprite part right finally :p

DeVeAn

I love the art style and characters of these games. Especially the Flashy moves. Sadly I just cannot get into these games. Believe I have tried too.

This is the best a Disgaea game has looked relative to other games of its generation ever.
Or any Nippon Ichi title for that matter.

Nice job.

El Sloth

Banned
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU High-Res sprites and online play?

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me right back in. :lol

Shuusui

.... those are HD sprites?

If so, maybe they shouldn't zoom in so much. Some of those shots looked very pixelated. Still, a big improvement over D3.

Top Bottom