• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS3] Disgaea 4 Trailer | 2/24/2011 (JP) Summer 2011 (NA) [Update:Girl Punishing 193]

jiggle

highluxury said:
So is this like the first graphical overhaul for the series?

Regardless it looks very nice, although I still wish they would've done simple 3D characters with detailed HD textures.

that' the easy way out
which what i thought it's something they would do like gust and ideafactory
using phyreengine
so i'm very glad they chose the more difficult route and redid all the sprites

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Dali said:
Allow me to join you sir!
6XP6T.gif

dalin80

Banned
PataHikari said:
Geopanels are a major part of Disgaea

They were a fun part of D1 but each sequel after went completely over the top on them to the point that it didnt matter a damn about your character but more of where he was stood.

They ruined each game after D1.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

grumble

dalin80 said:
They were a fun part of D1 but each sequel after went completely over the top on them to the point that it didnt matter a damn about your character but more of where he was stood.

D2 was fine. It added to the game.

Amir0x

Banned
highluxury said:
So is this like the first graphical overhaul for the series?

Regardless it looks very nice, although I still wish they would've done simple 3D characters with detailed HD textures.

*eye twitch*

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
dalin80 said:

ding

Was the part that annoyed me in 3. Be in the right place to figure the "puzzle" and win the battle :/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The new sprites look pretty nice, but I hope I am not the only one who hopes the game has an SD Sprite option. Its to be expected of Disgaea at this point :lol

Meier

Can't wait to see the trailer when I get off work. Missed this the other day since the time it was posted I guess. Very excited about new, higher-res sprites!

Drkirby said:
The new sprites look pretty nice, but I hope I am not the only one who hopes the game has an SD Sprite option. Its to be expected of Disgaea at this point :lol

They did say that:

First, the game uses Takehito Harada's illustrations in their original form, rather than converting them first into sprites. He said to expect smoother animation as a result. Fans of Nippon Ichi's sprite work will also be pleased to know that the game also includes sprite versions of the art, and you'll be able to switch to them if you please.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/18/disgaea_4_announced/

Even though I'm not really sure what this even supposed to mean...

NIS gets it.

You don't need to kneel before and take into mouth the the wang of polygons like some other capitulating companies.

I WELCOME MY HD2D OVERLORDS!

*gets to fappin'

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The Take Out Bandit said:
NIS gets it.

You don't need to kneel before and take into mouth the the wang of polygons like some other capitulating companies.

I WELCOME MY HD2D OVERLORDS!

*gets to fappin'
I don't usually agree with you, but I can agree on this!

ULTROS!

010.jpg

011.jpg

Yeah! HD Prinnies!

Jeels

Didn't realize how big of an improvement it was, although it feels like it's more because of how far behind they were.

Bebpo

Banned
hey, that looks alright.

Hope they have some new creative gameplay systems and hope the story is good this time.

cnet128

Banned
As someone who has never played a Disgaea game but has been vaguely intrigued by the series for a while and thinks this game looks seriously hawt...

Would I be missing anything (mainly from a story perspective) if I jumped straight in with this game without first checking out the rest of the series? As in, is the series very continuity-reliant or does each game stand alone pretty well? Normally I hate jumping into things in the middle, but the idea of tracking down and playing the rest of this series is intimidating to say the least, so...

Solune

cnet128 said:
As someone who has never played a Disgaea game but has been vaguely intrigued by the series for a while and thinks this game looks seriously hawt...

Would I be missing anything (mainly from a story perspective) if I jumped straight in with this game without first checking out the rest of the series? As in, is the series very continuity-reliant or does each game stand alone pretty well? Normally I hate jumping into things in the middle, but the idea of tracking down and playing the rest of this series is intimidating to say the least, so...

Each game is pretty self-contained. Appearences from previous titles are usually a given as cameos as like additional content. Basically you can just jump and you should be fine.

cnet128

Banned
Solune said:
Each game is pretty self-contained. Appearences from previous titles are usually a given as cameos as like additional content. Basically you can just jump and you should be fine.
Exactly what I wanted to hear. Day one it is! =D

They have a bunch more videos in the special section, might be new.

Also this:

kinbaku-disgaea-002.jpg

Hit her with a roll of banknotes
Make her sign some documents
Tie her arms
Tie her legs
Have a naughty talk with her
Make her toady up to you
Have her give a massage
Listen to her troubles

:lol

Wazzim

Banned
Holy shit, going from PSP's Disgaea 1/2 sprites to this one will be awesome. Anything about a european release or am I forced to import?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Negator said:
I was wondering when this screenshot would hit GAF, I just didn't want to be the one who posted it :lol

Of course it's from Sankaku of all places. =\

Rflagg

Wow nice upgrade this might inspire me to get the trophy update and play some more Disgaea 3. Day one summer get. Disgaea3 had some issues, but still a very fun game and it is the only game I know of that is in English, has fantasy style tactics rpg goodness, and is on a console. It would almost be a sin for me not to support this. I might even buy some of the cheesy dlc this time to show how awesome I think the visual upgrade is.

I'm pretty sure 「悩みを聞いてもらう」 means "Tell her about your problems", not "Listen to her troubles".

Top Bottom