• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[ps3] F1 Championship Edition

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
options additional :

Difficulty - Easy medium hard custom
rival ai - easy medium hard
Machine damage - on/off
fuel use/tire wear - on / off
mechical trouble - on off
weather - sunny, cloudy light rain heavy rain variable
Penalty - on off

hmmm... spectacular crashes aint happening... trying my best here!

pilonv1

That's been a problem with the damage system in the Studio Liverpool F1 games, it's like there's only a handful of spots on the car you can "damage" - front/rear wing, suspension, wheels, gearbox etc. No driving around with damaged sidepod. I was hoping they'd improved that a bit here.

SumGamer

They should make the car on fire as well. What about my famous half a car Kimi. They have to add that into the next one :p

DCharlie

playable views - sorry, mainly fuzzy due to the heat haze effect - cockeyed due to bad camera man! ;)

335100326_6a79d41358_b.jpg

335101071_3d732ede62_b.jpg

335101873_bd9b6b0776_b.jpg

335102613_1a55baa4e4_b.jpg

335099443_4ead32e048_b.jpg

jett

D-Member
This game fails for being 30fps...hopefully it's just because of its beta-state. :p Thanks for the pics DCharlie.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
man, i wonder what's going on with ps3 games and ff wheel support. i don't personally have a wheel, but supporting them should be imperative for racing games. game looks great, anyway -- i'll pick up the us release at some point.

DCharlie

This game fails for being 30fps...hopefully it's just because of its beta-state. :p Thanks for the pics DCharlie.

30fps , steady, looks good, full field of cars? it's a bit harsh to say it fails. I'm quite enjoying it although i still have yet to put in a good stretch in yet.

Bid for glory no. 1
335114565_7243089d02_b.jpg

335115359_6bccd4c4d2_b.jpg

335113149_523e01d5b6_b.jpg

Result: FAILED ! Some smoke, rival left unmarked... no bad damage.

Bid for glory no. 2
335110525_32dc930dc0_b.jpg

335111257_1ebbb04907_b.jpg

335111900_68225fbd3a_b.jpg

Result : Tireggedon... mild success i guess.

Couple of other random shots....
335112449_d551f98b93_b.jpg

335113730_4c56129d05_b.jpg

Right one last race in rain...

Dazzyman

:) Cheers m8

Shame about the career going to Japanese though so think Id better wait and spend it on a penny by getting a Wii for now and getting UK version.

DCharlie

the weird thing is ... race commentary is in Japanese... Pit instructions and pit communications are in English... :} (i mean, spoken not written)

Doctor_No

DCharlie said:
the weird thing is ... race commentary is in Japanese... Pit instructions and pit communications are in English... :} (i mean, spoken not written)

Realism? I guess? Official language of F1 is English, so English is always the language in the pits, on the radio, etc. regardless of the team and the venue they are racing. TV commentary is regional.

DCharlie

Realism? I guess? Official language of F1 is English, so English is always the language in the pits, on the radio, etc. regardless of the team and the venue they are racing. TV commentary is regional.

could well be.

wow- rain racing from incar view is quite something...

pics coming.

f@luS

More than a member.
the lightning is uber impressive

this is the biggest difference between ps3 and 360 imgo , overall the lightning is ps3 games are much much much better

f@luS said:
the lightning is uber impressive

this is the biggest difference between ps3 and 360 imgo , overall the lightning is ps3 games are much much much better

I really think that has more to do with the developers rather than the systems themselves.

DCharlie

i can't stand the rain/'gainst my Peugot...

335154553_f9acfc6ad3_b.jpg

335156413_52244138e5_b.jpg

335155496_fe75483a1d_b.jpg

335153571_01634d1f41_b.jpg

335152734_084baaad4b_b.jpg

335151804_2bbb5fc9a3_b.jpg

right, time for bed.
final thoughts - this could be quite nice. Shame about no online. I just need to spend more time with this getting into it. PS3 stock is rising!

this is the only game that i would be interested in on the PS3 but its not shaping up to be what it was hyped as. Hopefully they can fix it or Sony can stop hogging the FIA F1 license and give to someone else so it can be made for the 360 or PC.

fivehorizons said:
this is the only game that i would be interested in on the PS3 but its not shaping up to be what it was hyped as. Hopefully they can fix it or Sony can stop hogging the FIA F1 license and give to someone else so it can be made for the 360 or PC.

Short bus didn't pick you up for school yet?

Tieno

DCharlie said:
i can't stand the rain/'gainst my Peugot...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/147/335154553_f9acfc6ad3_b.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/162/335156413_52244138e5_b.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/149/335155496_fe75483a1d_b.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/131/335153571_01634d1f41_b.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/129/335152734_084baaad4b_b.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/140/335151804_2bbb5fc9a3_b.jpg[/IMG

right, time for bed.
final thoughts - this could be quite nice. Shame about no online. I just need to spend more time with this getting into it. PS3 stock is rising![/QUOTE]
YOUR TV IS LEAKING WATER!!

Dave Long

Banned
The shadows from the cars (or lack thereof...given the huge shadow cast by the grandstand in Malaysia) look all wrong...

335115359_6bccd4c4d2_b.jpg

As good as this game looks, I think GTR 2 looks better on the PC and will likely look as good on the 360. That said, you can only get F1 on the PS3 because of their stupid exclusive license.

Is it any better than the demo?

In the demo the graphics were pretty simple + the framerate was never going over 30 fps.

I also suspect the demo to be in some "arcade mode" or something for there is a total lack of realism in the physics department.
How are the physics in the game? The PSP F12k6 was blowing for its a ****ing arcade racer and i wonder if they will go the simulation route on the PS3.

antiloop

Dave Long said:
The shadows from the cars (or lack thereof...given the huge shadow cast by the grandstand in Malaysia) look all wrong...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/142/335115359_6bccd4c4d2_b.jpg

As good as this game looks, I think GTR 2 looks better on the PC and will likely look as good on the 360. That said, you can only get F1 on the PS3 because of their stupid exclusive license.

Do you mean this GTR2?

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/740/740142/gtr-2-20061018051602777.jpg

J-Rzez

I'll buy this one soon as I'm done with my 6-months training over here... such a long time to go without videogames :( I didn't feel the urge to import this one like I did with Motorstorm... guess the lack of online got to me...

Looks spectacular though btw! We need more good F1 games... and there's never enough WRC games either btw... :)

Kittonwy

Banned
Visually the game is holding up very well even after the GTHD demo!!!

No online for Japan is just dumb. They need to force online on Japan. Why the hell are they rushing releases in Japan? If they're so hell-bent on releasing software, then they need to have more hardware to go with it. >_<

methane47

Dave Long said:

I dont know about you but i can see the shadows fine..
335111257_1ebbb04907_b.jpg

Treo360

methane47 said:
I dont know about you but i can see the shadows fine..
snip

What he meant is that is you notice there is a shadow being cast from the grandstands, so the cars should have a shadow cast on the right side as well, and not directly underneath it.

Manp

Treo360 said:
What he meant is that is you notice there is a shadow being cast from the grandstands, so the cars should have a shadow cast on the right side as well, and not directly underneath it.

even then, in whatever position the sun is, the ground under the cars should always be darker
those cars are at something like 5 cm from the ground

just google for images of an actual race start, in whatever weather condition or pov you'll never find a pic where the shadows under the cars look like that pic of the game

:)

Treo360

Manp said:
even then, in whatever position the sun is, the ground under the cars should always be darker
those cars are at something like 5 cm from the ground

just google for images of an actual race start, in whatever weather condition or pov you'll never find a pic where the shadows under the cars look like that pic of the game

:)

I'm sorry I meant to put not only underneath

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
30fps and no force feedback....

there are no words...

reaver18

wtf is up with all these PS3 games not supporting 1080i? Are those of us who have HDTVs that only support 480p and 1080i screwed then?

Top Bottom