• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 1.92 is up.

Kittonwy

Banned
Gattsu25 said:
Well, you can now eject discs from the XMB

I've been doing that for awhile now.
Indifferent2.gif

jmd494

NO CUSTOM COLOR XMB! Lameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Oh well...so far the only change I notice is that it now lists my system as 1.92.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Sho Nuff said:
-Adds VF5 online support
-Makes Lair fun
-Adds 10 hours to Heavenly Sword
Man have you ever thought of stand up, you are f'ing hilarious.
:rolleyes:

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
kenta said:
Can someone post the rumored feature list

Rumored:
Fixes Warhawk Network Errors.

Some guy in the PS boards posted that he called the Sony Cust. Line today because of his issues with Warhawk and that they told him that they were aware of the server issues and were releasing 1.92 on the 4th to address it.....

Gattsu25 said:
Well, you can now eject discs from the XMB
that was in the last update, wasn't it? or have they added yet another way to eject?

can't update until next week, my PS3 is having a time-out. and here I sit with a brand-new Warhawk waiting to be played. :(

EDIT:
Gattsu25 said:
Was it, never saw the option for it before =\
you never wondered where the triangle button down in the corner came from or what it would do when you pushed it after the last update?

Synless

bune duggy said:
that was in the last update, wasn't it? or have they added yet another way to eject?

can't update until next week, my PS3 is having a time-out. and here I sit with a brand-new Warhawk waiting to be played. :(
Yea, now all you have to do is jolt the controller foward and the disc comes out.

FightyF

Banned
Justin Dailey said:
NO CUSTOM COLOR XMB! Lameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Oh well...so far the only change I notice is that it now lists my system as 1.92.

Heh, that's a good idea...I never considered that.

I hope it allows you to see the time when you hit the PS button. Please-please-please-please-please

Synless

Core407 said:
Well I still can't join games in Warhawk.
I have a buddy who bought warhawk and can't get it to start it keeps telling him network error, is that what this was supposed to fix? I thought his download went bad or something.

jmd494

Sho Nuff said:
-Adds VF5 online support
-Makes Lair fun
-Adds 10 hours to Heavenly Sword

- It fixes the rubberBANd AI in Motorstorm too?
- It BANishes the bad camera in Ninja Gaiden Sigma?
- It improves the quality of ports for the PS3 (you're going to get BANned)

Just kidding about the PS3 criticisms...they were needed to make that lame joke

Sean

Banned
It seems odd to put out a new firmware update that fixes an issue with a single game. Why can't they just patch Warhawk instead?

Synless

bune duggy said:
that would cause some problems while playing Lair, wouldn't it?
Judging from the forums alot of people on here wouldn't have to worry much about that now would they?

Core407

Banned
Sean said:
It seems odd to put out a new firmware update that fixes an issue with a single game. Why can't they just patch Warhawk instead?

I don't think it has anything to do with Warhawk.

Synless said:
Judging from the forums a lot of people on here wouldn't have to worry much about that now would they?
indeed.

:D

EDIT: so what happened to 1.91 update? I remember someone saying in that rumor thread that Sony doesn't usually skip numbers so something must have changed their mind. (maybe 1.91 was ready to go but they had to fix the Warhawk problems so just went ahead and added that to 1.91 and called it 1.92?)

jmd494

Synless said:
Yea, now all you have to do is jolt the controller foward and the disc comes out.

But then sometimes (like 30% of the time) it causes the disc to dash farther into the console? But it's ok because Sony wanted to make Disc Eject hard. I hope they patch Disc Eject in 1.93 to allow analog disc controls. :p
Just teasing, Julian...Lair is actually growing on me

jmd494

pilonv1 said:
:lol @ Sho Nuff and people taking him seriously.

I wasn't taking him seriously...just joking with him. His post actually made me laugh. And, based on his first few posts he's loving PS3! Cheers Sho Nuff! :D

Gattsu25

Banned
Justin Dailey said:
But then sometimes (like 30% of the time) it causes the disc to dash farther into the console? But it's ok because Sony wanted to make Disc Eject hard. I hope they patch Disc Eject in 1.93 to allow analog disc controls. :p
...was there a joke in there?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
bishoptl said:
HEY SONY

POST YOUR GODDAMN CHANGELISTS BEFORE HOSTING AN UPDATE

IT'S GOOD SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT PRACTICE

THANK YOU
That can't happen, otherwise we wont get the monthly PS3 upgrade rumour threads, which never quite seem to come true, ever.

Also, ouch as Sho Nuffs ban, deserved I suppose, but his posts made me giggle :(

Top Bottom