• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 1.92 is up.

Synless

But seriously they really do need to let us know sooner what it is that we are downloading, I know i would really like to know.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
How about a Home Button option to reset the game when in PS2 mode (since PS2 lacks soft reset). Having to entirely quit out of the game back to XMB then back again to reset sucks big time (especially since ya gotta also do that whole press home button when entering and exiting from PS2 games, god only knows why).

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Lair still runs on Remote Play thankfully.

I can't seem to find anything about this new firmware. Nuts. :(

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I just fiddled and found nothing.

So with no changelog, im gonna take a guess and say its for PS2/PS1 emulation support.

Dante

Kittonwy said:
First day of freedom and I get an update? Fucking A.
Indifferent2.gif

I've noticed you in Home quite a bit ;)

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I remember a while ago there was a thread for a minor update for Japan coming.
If i remember correctly it had something to do with some PS1 Titles.
to bad i cant find it >_<

Core407

Banned
Tiduz said:
I remember a while ago there was a thread for a minor update for Japan coming.
If i remember correctly it had something to do with some PS1 Titles.
to bad i cant find it >_<

Oh yeah. The two games that got taken down for bug-related issues?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Sho Nuff banned? Wow - the day the funny died!

Perhaps the patch will install a sense of humour ?

If only he`d put "lol amirite?" "PEACE" or "RAWR WOWHAWK" at the end...

indifferent.gif

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I don't know if it's related, but Warhawk keeps timing out on me now, whenever I tried to login.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Defuser said:
3 pages and nobody fiddle around to find out?

It would be easier if Sony was just upfront and simply said something vague like it updates some emulation issues or fixes general bugs. Not saying anything is cruel and unusual punishment in at least 3 continents.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
squatingyeti said:
It would be easier if Sony was just upfront and simply said something vague like it updates some emulation issues or fixes general bugs. Not saying anything is cruel and unusual punishment in at least 3 continents.
Typically they have been telling us. But typically these updates dont come on monday holiday night either...
Maybe we should chalk it up to all the blog runners are on labor day vacation?

itsme

Banned
I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because Osama people out there in our nation don't have maps, and I believe that our education like, such as S. Africa and the Iraq, everywhere like such as and I believe that they should...our education over here in the US should help the US, er should help S. Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
People are saying games load faster now...the XMB that is. Anyone confirm? Just powered down everything so I can't...

zilch said:
wow @ people seriously welcoming back a joke account. Pathetic.

I will destroy you.

Agent X

kaching said:
I don't know if it's related, but Warhawk keeps timing out on me now, whenever I tried to login.

I'm experiencing the same problem, too. It gets to the usage policy, which I accept, but then it refuses to log me into the game itself.

itsme said:
I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because Osama people out there in our nation don't have maps, and I believe that our education like, such as S. Africa and the Iraq, everywhere like such as and I believe that they should...our education over here in the US should help the US, er should help S. Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for...

:lol :lol :lol

Well done!

itsme said:

remote play?

Dante

itsme said:

That's a tall order for a firmware upgrade.....Maybe 2.0??

Souther

Banned
KurowaSan said:
sh3_0921_6.jpg

did it work before on PAL ps3s? because it does now :D

Hmmm i might have to recheak that scene out now given the upscaling options. I have a save right at that scene. And its one of the most visually impressive scenes ever.

lunlunqq

hmm... strange... just finished updating my PS3. this time it didn't ask me to connect my controller through a USB cable prior to the installation. donno if this is part of the new feature but i certainly welcome this change. connect my USB cable for the update is annoying.

Souther

Banned
i guess your going to have to find some on the net and then maybe there is an option in the browser to save them

Synless

lunlunqq said:
hmm... strange... just finished updating my PS3. this time it didn't ask me to connect my controller through a USB cable prior to the installation. donno if this is part of the new feature but i certainly welcome this change. connect my USB cable for the update is annoying.
It was like that in the last update.

Top Bottom