• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3/PS4 Dev Kit spotted in Titanfall interview?

Why a premium studio like Respawn wouldnt have PS3/PS4 Devkits? This doesnt mean nothing. To me, it is non-news.

I don't doubt the game will come to PS4 later though.

A studio with no other titles and only 1 working title and a worker has sony controllers and/or devkits at his work station. I think it's pretty clear they're actively using it in some form in those circumstances.

Skeff

Microsoft will surely want to renew the exclusivity. By the end of 2014, both next gen platforms will still have a small userbase, so I can see the deal lasting for more 1 or 2 years.

I don't have any hopes to see this game on my PS4 radar soon like you guys expect. Luckly, we will be able to play this game on PC. Unfortunataly, I guess it will remain origin exclusive forever though.

Yea, It's not just up to Microsoft to keep this exclusive, it's up to EA aswell, and looking at the pre-orders, The price for keeping this exclusive past the original deal just sky rocketed. No way the exclusive deal gets prolonged if PS4 really is outselling XB1 2:1 worldwide.

MGS4 is coming to the 360 guys!!

kojima360kit1.jpg

We all know that Titanfall PS4 is only matter of time.
God, this brings back memories.

Kinyou

Microsoft will surely want to renew the exclusivity. By the end of 2014, both next gen platforms will still have a small userbase, so I can see the deal lasting for more 1 or 2 years.

I don't have any hopes to see this game on my PS4 radar soon like you guys expect. Luckly, we will be able to play this game on PC. Unfortunataly, I guess it will remain origin exclusive forever though.
The problem is that there's simply not certainty to when it will show up on the PS4. I rather lock down on the X1 and know when I can play it.

Dude in a respawn interview with ign already states that its a time exclusive to Microsoft and PC. Respawn want to make money and by the figures at the moment I'm sure more people are purchasing a ps4 over x1 so they will bring the game to where the audience is.

Didn't we always know this? They said way back at e3 that it was timed.

Besides, MS would have to pay EA an insane amount of money for them to keep what could become one of the largest series this gen off Sony's system forever.

KOHIPEET

Why else would it be blocked in the first place?

The game's publisher is EA, if it's going to be a success (and it will be) it'll come to PS4 in some sort.

pixlexic

Banned
Yeah but honestly if its exclusive for 6 to 12 months then it really has no effect marketing wise on the xbone. It's still pushes the console like a true exclusive.

It's like oblivion for ps3. No one really gave a damn. though I bought it lol

Might be reading too much into this. It's possible they play PS3 games during their break or playtest other games to get ideas.

Gametrailers: "Is the PlayStation Nation gonna have to wait for TitanFall?"

Zampella: "That's right."

Its a Timed Exclusive.

That can also be read as, Playstation owners may have to wait for the next Titanfall.

Nothing is official other than Titanfall being on the XBO and PC only.

We all know Titanfall is coming to ps4, the question is just when. Will they go a whole year? Or would Titanfall 2 already be on the way at that point?

Coiote

Microsoft isn't shy about paying a huge amount of money for 3rd party exclusives. Gears of War wasn't cheap, you know? I also don't see the PS4 outselling X1 2:1 when this game releases.

Having said that, this game will definetely come to PS4, although I believe it will be later rather than sooner. I could speculate further, but it's pointless as it seems you guys already made up your mind on the subject.

I would gladly be proven wrong, I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

DrZeus

You think this will be like Bioshock and be a whole year before PS4/3 see a release? I wouldn't be surprised if Titanfall released in Feb/March for X1/360 and at E3 2014 the PS4 version was announced. This is MS doe. They could Gta/Bioshock this game and lock it up for a whole year.

I wonder how deep that payout to EA was to keep this Xbox only for a timed period...Could EA renig on that deal after seeing the strong preorder and attention the PS4 is receiving?

I doubt it, but interesting to think about. This forum would die if it were to happen.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I wonder how deep that payout to EA was to keep this Xbox only for a timed period...Could EA renig on that deal after seeing the strong preorder and attention the PS4 is receiving?

I doubt it, but interesting to think about. This forum would die if it were to happen.
There are usually install base/sales clauses in these things that if would allow them to release it on other platforms sooner if it doesn't perform well enough.

jcm

Pretty sure you mean renege.

Microsoft isn't shy about paying a huge amount of money for 3rd party exclusives. Gears of War wasn't cheap, you know?

Microsoft was also the publisher for Gears of War.

EA's shown that they're willing to accept timed exclusivity deals, but they also want the money from competitor's platform even more. Look at Mass Effect.

I also don't see the PS4 outselling X1 2:1 when this game releases.

I also think the Titanfall 'system seller' impact is a bit over-estimated. XB1 is not cheap, and Titanfall is also out on X360 and PC, both with significantly higher install bases.

I don't doubt the release of Titanfall will accelerate XB1 sales significantly, but Microsoft honestly diluted a lot of its potential as a system seller by allowing it to have a 360 port, and PC port.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Would be a game changer for me.

Want it to happen. Might cut down on the sarcastic Titanfall posts. Doubt it tho.

I'll get Titanfall on PC anyway, but it's good that it's also coming to PS4. God I hate exclusives. They're only beneficial to console manufacturers, not consumers.

Hazelhurst

What's a fair amount of money Microsoft should have offered to keep Titanfall exclusive to Xbox consoles? I'm thinking $1 billion, but could EA make more than that by being multi-plat?

GodofWine

What's a fair amount of money Microsoft should have offered to keep Titanfall exclusive to Xbox consoles? I'm thinking $1 billion, but could EA make more than that by being multi-plat?

Biilion??? with a B?

no.

Theyd have to sell like 30,000,000 copies to make that kinda money (really rough math)

sn00zer

They have said plenty of times that the Micro deal is temporary and that they own the franchise and are very open to moving it to other platforms

SegaShack

They probably used it before the XB1 controller was finalized, to play the PC version with. It's also very possible that one of the devs like using a PS3 controller or had his own PS3 lying around for fun. According to Rare when they were making Goldeneye they used modded Sega Saturn controllers since the N64 controller wasn't finalized.

I wonder if it'll be like the whole Rayman Lengends shenanigan lol. Delayed to be release in more platforms.

This is totally different situation. MS moneyhatting is probably way bigger deal than whatever Nintendo did and Ubisoft is known to be very supportive of new platforms anyway.

Barzul

I don't think Titanfall will ever come to the PS4. Titanfall 2 probably, but not this one. MS will pay whatever is needed to keep it exclusive, which will not be as difficult as an already established franchise. That's my opinion on it. And MS has a great relationship with EA, and what do pre-order numbers matter when both consoles will sell out at launch anyway?

I don't think Titanfall will ever come to the PS4. Titanfall 2 probably, but not this one. MS will pay whatever is needed to keep it exclusive, which will not be as difficult as an already established franchise. That's my opinion on it. And MS has a great relationship with EA, and what do pre-order numbers matter when both consoles will sell out at launch anyway?
Titanfall will release when the launch period is over. It will be timed unless MS does another deal to keep it exclusive. Who knows but it really depends how big EA expects the franchise to potentially get this gen+how much money MS is willing to spend.

Busty

Banned
C'mon. I mean they are barely even trying to hide it. We all knew this was a timed exclusive but they could have simply edited that shot out rather than blurring the devkit and calling even more attention to it.

Good grief.

j-wood

Well...

EXAMPLE:

Xbone 700,000 units ready for launch
PS4 1.5 million units ready for launch

Sure, they both sell out, but then you've got almost double the amount of PS4 consumers

Dabanton

I can see this first game remaining exclusive.

It's most definitely a killer app. MS have chosen very wisely in this one especially after E3 the amount of awards it's garnered and the near universal praise of anyone who's played it means MS will probably happily reopen the chequebook.

Top Bottom