• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3/PS4 Dev Kit spotted in Titanfall interview?

admartian

Tweets should end the speculation then.

Though I don't get why it didn't just say "That was a DS3 you saw. We play games at work too ;). Vid was shot in 2010. No PS4 version #XboxOneExclusive" ? How hard would that have been (in less than 140 chars no less)?

/thread

people will find a way to see something for a bit of hope...lol

Titanfall will come to PS4 and maybe Ps3. EA wants this to be as huge as CoD, they'll have it everywhere as soon as the contract runs out. There's just no way someone can actually believe they won't.

I just can't understand why they used that still picture in the first place? It's such a bad picture and they bothered to blur out the box but not the controller. It's such a blatant flame bait IMO.

It's pretty obvious Titan fall is timed exclusive, since they own the IP and want to reach a wide audience for it and its sequels. Also makes sense that a startup grabs some upfront money and gets some co-marketing. These guys are smart, after the Activision debacle they know how to stay away from golden hand cuffs.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've seen Respawn folks on Twitter say things like "we're looking forward to discussing future plans" when asked about a PS4 version. Crossing my fingers.

USC-fan

Banned
Only way this doesn't come out on ps4 is if the game just bombs.

With no single player i think its going to be a hard sell. It does have a ton of hype from gaming media.

RE_Player

Only way this doesn't come out on ps4 is if the game just bombs.

With no single player i think its going to be a hard sell. It does have a ton of hype from gaming media.

EA wants to bet big with this. They want their off year Battlefield shooter and Titanfall fits the bill. I just wonder if the deal will Microsoft will hurt establishing the brand in general. Usually with a new IP you want to get it in as many hands as possible. Microsoft must have paid big bucks to secure it enough to warrant it being exclusive.

MGS4 is coming to the 360 guys!!

kojima360kit1.jpg

We all know that Titanfall PS4 is only matter of time.

Yes it can happen, Kojima San explained that if and when Xbox gets a blu ray disc support, he will gladly bring the MGS SAGA collection including MGS4 to the Xbox!

Tagg9

Respawn is actually a small developer.

Depends on your definition of a "small" developer, but they have at least 100 full time employees at this stage of development (likely scaling up from the ~50-75 they had during pre-production). You can't make a massive game like Titanfall in 3 years without a lot of people.

Microsoft exclusives, unless published by Microsoft or actually made by Microsoft rarely stay exclusive. It'll happen eventually but I'd imagine there'd be better games out by then.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
EA wants to bet big with this. They want their off year Battlefield shooter and Titanfall fits the bill. I just wonder if the deal will Microsoft will hurt establishing the brand in general. Usually with a new IP you want to get it in as many hands as possible. Microsoft must have paid big bucks to secure it enough to warrant it being exclusive.
That's not entirely true. Gears of War and Mass Effect are two examples of it working just fine. EA is putting enough resources behind Titanfall to make it huge no matter what platforms it's on. But with every sign pointing to the PS4 having an early sales advantage over the XB1, I wouldn't be surprised if EA is pushing for a PS4 version to happen as soon as possible.

badb0y

Tweets should end the speculation then.

Though I don't get why it didn't just say "That was a DS3 you saw. We play games at work too ;). Vid was shot in 2010. No PS4 version #XboxOneExclusive" ? How hard would that have been (in less than 140 chars no less)?
Because its not an Xbox One exclusive...
#DontForget360andPC

That's not entirely true. Gears of War and Mass Effect are two examples of it working just fine. EA is putting enough resources behind Titanfall to make it huge no matter what platforms it's on. But with every sign pointing to the PS4 having an early sales advantage over the XB1, I wouldn't be surprised if EA is pushing for a PS4 version to happen as soon as possible.
Those games worked because the 360 had the install base that the one year advantage gave. Sony learned their lesson, todays situation is not comparable.

Alienous

I don't see why this would matter. anyway.

When I see a PS4 devkit in 343 industries offices, or a XBONE devkit at Naughty Dog, then I'll think something of it. A third-party studio having devkits for platforms they aren't currently developing for doesn't seem strange. And you can be sure that EA will want Titanfall on as many platforms as can take it, in the future.

Didn't Cboat or someone like that say that Titan Fall was never really an exclusive to begin with, I'm just waiting for Respawn to make a statement like 1 month after it launches on Xbox that magically its coming out in 2-3 months on PS4.

Top Bottom