• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 BETA firmware 5.00 out today

Why the F would they remove favorite groups from the quick access menu? I know they replaced it with Lists but even that is not in the quick access menu. Now I have to scroll through my friends list every time I want to find one. Shit.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I wouldn't be unhappy if I don't get a Beta code via email for this version. 4.5 was imperative because of the Boost mode, I don't see any big game-changing thing for me here.

Aww. You can only consult your notifications in quick menu? You can't pause or resume a download from there? So I still need to leave the game menu for that? Lame. I thought this is what they meant from start. I hope they add it in thenext beta update.
How to contact the Beta support or give direct feedback for them?

I see they haven't fixed the Notifications menu that they broke horrifically with 4.5

Why did they do that shit again? THE OLD WAY WAS BETTER IT DIDN'T NEED TO BE CHANGED

This sucks:

32618320195_e034af33b9_z.jpg

This was much better:

Other than that, so glad about a few of these changes, namely the organization of friends and disabling notifications specifically during videos.

TimFL

I got in but have no time to try the beta out, gave one code to a friend but you guys can have the other 2:

EU/DE CODES
CMLN DENQ 86D6
FAHN DRNN D6E5

Enjoy and don‘t brick your consoles GAF.

GetZ

Neo Member
I got in but have no time to try the beta out, gave one code to a friend but you guys can have the other 2:

EU/DE CODES
CMLN DENQ 86D6
FAHN DRNN D6E5

Enjoy and don‘t brick your consoles GAF.

First code for me, thx

Conjo

Banned
Aww. You can only consult your notifications in quick menu? You can't pause or resume a download from there? So I still need to leave the game menu for that?
... Why would you do that tbh. Downloading while playing doesn't affect performance if you're playing online.
Edit: in my experience. It slows the downloads and limits the max number of downloads at the same time so you don't get 2000ms of ping when playing online.

Can all the pissed/disappointed people please mention what amazing feature they were expecting? The one I can sort of see being a big miss is no downsampling, but even that only applies to pro owners. And people waiting for BC when Sony has neither hinted nor shown any indication that it's something they're working on or care about seems bizarre.

So again I ask to those so dissapointed, what exactly were you expecting?

... Why would you do that tbh. Downloading while playing doesn't affect performance if you're playing online.

Sometimes random game updates start downloading when I am playing online and the game is tough, if I leave for the main menu to pause the updates (which eat connection speed for me), I may get obliterated in no time.
Sometimes I want to start hanging downloads when I am playing SP and I don't want to go to main menu, notifications, check for the game etc.. Allowing that in quick menu would be better.
Why include checking notifications and downloads then from the start if you can't control them from there?
It is like allowing to be on party from quick menu, yet you couldn't leave the party group. They fixed that now.

Can all the pissed/disappointed people please mention what amazing feature they were expecting? The one I can sort of see being a big miss is no downsampling, but even that only applies to pro owners. And people waiting for BC when Sony has neither hinted nor shown any indication that it's something they're working on or care about seems bizarre.

https://www.psu.com/feature/33589/ps4-update-5-0-survey-reveals-exactly-what-playstation-gamers-want

Floody

I just wanted a stat tracker. We know they have the ability to track quite a bit too, as the usually send end year stats in email.

Why would they even name this 5.0? and not 4.6? Who is choosing these features? It’s obviously not from the community site. I have never heard of anyone asking for any of this besides 1080p streaming. It’s getting frustrating at this point.

Conjo

Banned

https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/71/2799181-0471219694-0gHGG.png
Activity log, PS1 Classics (and actual ps2 classics), let me clean up my library/download list from those betas and demos (or add filters), the wishlist is not present on the PS4 (it is on the webstore... They should allow gifting too), PSN name changes (yes, I know, more of a server side thing). Anyways, it took them long but they finally added a clock to the quick menu, and there's still years of life left for the PS4, so I know eventually most of those will come.

Why would they even name this 5.0? and not 4.6?

To be fair, we're on 4.73 or something :p

BigEmil

Aww. You can only consult your notifications in quick menu? You can't pause or resume a download from there? So I still need to leave the game menu for that? Lame. I thought this is what they meant from start. I hope they add it in thenext beta update.
How to contact the Beta support or give direct feedback for them?
When they email you your code it includes a link to a private forum for beta feedback etc don't think you can access it if your psn not in the Beta

dracula_x

it's all right here – https://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/popular/page/1/

most voted ideas that are not implemented:

Sony is aware about all of this, but, it seems, they just don't care.

Also, some ideas marked as "Idea in Action", like that for example https://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2014/05/21/ps2-classics-on-ps4-and-ps-vita/ But in reality, implementation is half baked.

In addition:
– allow media apps to be placed into folders
– downsampling
– PS1 classics
– transparent icons for custom static themes
– hide/delete Items in PS4 Library (demos and trials for example)

Conjo

Banned
Sometimes random game updates start downloading when I am playing online and the game is tough, if I leave for the main menu to pause the updates (which eat connection speed for me), I may get obliterated in no time.
Sometimes I want to start hanging downloads when I am playing SP and I don't want to go to main menu, notifications, check for the game etc.. Allowing that in quick menu would be better.
Why include checking notifications and downloads then from the start if you can't control them from there?
It is like allowing to be on party from quick menu, yet you couldn't leave the party group. They fixed that now.

Ah, I get you now.
I know it's a "quick" menu but I agree they should allow that there.

Spare EU codes:

6H4G NENR Q38F
K55N D4NJ 5PGR

I'm really hoping there's something more hidden away or yet to be unlocked, because what we've been told so far does not justify the title of a .0 update.

Just_one

- PS1 Classics (only digital if possible)
- PS ID Change

- PS Store :
- Gifting
- Organize by console then DLC your transfer list
- Wishlist (yes its available on the web version but not ps4 store)

- Library Management : being able to delete stuff , if not delete then hide what you want (betas , demos )

- Trophies :
- Organize games by console(having the same account since 2007 i think this is a must)
- being able to delete games from Trophy List (probably we could put a 10% maximum as what you can delete)
- Trophy progression (if a game has a trophy for killing 50 people with a specific gun , the trophy should tell you how many you killed already)

and thats just on the top of my head...

Danneee

I don't even know why I registered for the beta. I'm totally uninterested in the new stuff and don't think I'll even accept the invite:/

Pennywise

Apart from those things that were already mentioned, a proper storefront for 4k content.
Renting/buying 4k movies should be possible since they didn't bother to include a 4k BR drive.

Top Bottom