• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 BETA firmware 5.00 out today

I notice that the friends list now has two icons for offline friends: The old red circle one and a new rectangle (phone?) one. I'm guessing that the new one is 'offline but can get notifications via phone app' or something?

Sorry if this is old, but I couldn't find anything with a cursory search.

That's old :p

barit

Ok that one point "Sharing music via PSN message" is godsend. Too often I found a great song on Spotify and couldn't share it with any PSN friends. So that's great.

I still don't wanna give up hope you know. they may add soem features for the beta updates and for the final release. If these are the only additions then we may wait a very very long time till we get something big for the next big update.

Adryuu

Notifications and clock and downloads on quick menu plus notifications with black background again plus no notifications while on Netflix is good enough. Best shit since folders actually. I don't care about downsampling because peasant.

There, take these:

4AKJ Q5N9 LRA3
P437 B4NB LQ7B

So I just want to really make sure.

On my 1080p TV, I can no longer play TLOU: Remastered downsampled on a Pro. And it's August 2017 and Sony still hasn't added a downsampling feature system wide?

I like the Pro Sony. But holy shit, enough with the half assed fucking support even with your own games.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Oh no, I'm in the US!

I'm guessing US codes have yet to go out since a lot of ones being posted seem to be UK
Yeah seems that way
Well EU code here for anyone that wants it

8BPB BANK KHG6

No major UI overhauls?

That's one thing MS got going for them. That and BC.

Ehhh, I don't see a reason to overhaul the UI entirely. It's pretty fast and straight forward.

I don't see MS updating their UI, at what seems to be nearly twice a year, as a good thing :p

Can I beg for a US code to be PM'd to me? I'm at work so I can't quickly redeem the "quote to see" codes.

I must have been bumped from Sony's beta list... I was in all the betas prior to 4.5 but have had no luck with these last 2.

score01

Two spare codes below (UK). Its almost as if they knew no one would want in on this beta.

FF39 38NT 7QLB

QTFT EFN3 D3DM

ISee

German Codes:

A code for a friend: (GONE)
TDE4 2DN9 DRQ5

A code for another friend: (STILL AVAILABLE)
RL8N BKN4 FGEG

If someone could create a fake burner account just for the beta and pass it around for others to log in and download. Would it work?

I already got the beta but others may appreciate it.

LordofPwn

Virtual surround sound for VR is something I've been asking for since the VR unit came out.
I've also been wanting to change notifications to black, and sort my friends into groups without having to invite them.

Nothing huge but some nice small things I've wanted.

Ardenyal

"Enable vibration" toggle for controllers is new?

They should add that to quick menu aswell, right now it's only in the system menu.

Top Bottom