• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 fastest-selling console in UK history, outsells Wii U LTD in UK [250K PS4 in 48h]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabuseika

Does this mean Cerny > Myamoto?

ibugGE1VRbIIeL.gif

Let's not get crazy...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Imagine the killing Nintendo would have made if Super Mario 3D World was a PlayStation 4 launch title.

Wait, so you mean a console launch title on a console launch (when they sell the most), which was also in a bundle, sold more than a new title on a console that has not done well in the country?

I am shocked. SHOCKED. </sarcasm>

Are you telling me that new IP beating 3D Mario is not shocking especially since the WiiU was released a year earlier?

Prine

Banned
Knack was bundled, can't say I'm surprised. The big news here is that UK is apparently joining Sony land with the rest of Europe.

I don't think you gather anything apart from lots of people want ps4 initially. As pointed out before, the previous record holder, tumbled miserably out of the charts, even the better selling ps3 wound up last this gen.

Kyon

Banned
Not looking too good for MS... Weren't the US and UK the two places that were strong MS territory? Looks to be going Sony... As for Knack, it shouldn't be surprising it sold more than 3D World when you consider the bundles and Wii U install base.

That was for last gen. Both places were Sony land before. They're just taking back their rightful place.

Did the Metacritic Stans just assume Knack was a bad game even tho most of them didn't play it? I played a bit at GameStop yesterday. It's definitely better than Mario. Also looks better like a Pixar movie.

Go back to pop gaf please.

Edit: Oh i missed the sarcasm. My pop gaf lingo apparently isn't as good as i thought

Hasney

Another Eurogamer article claimed they heard Sony shipped 300K units to the UK

I think it's sold out completely so shipped = sold through likely?

Ah, 300k. I'll probably go just shy of the 300k because of stocking issues. Local Argos stores are still getting them in stock in drips and drabs, either from unclaimed reservations or deliveries coming in from their warehouse that they found knocking around. Argos' distribution really is that behind the times.

Foshy

arkham oranges

knack > mario

thanks for starting my day with a laugh.

I'm really enjoying Knack though.

I'm going to say 200k units for the ps4 in the uk. hope we get #'s soon.

I think it's 250k-300k, probably 275k

Mediocre is putting it lightly. But who cares as long as it's an exclusive on your favorite console!

But it's expected, the Wii U is dead in the UK, and in most of Europe as well. Software sales will be shit regardless.

Eh knack is actually pretty fun if you get into it at least in my experience

It's of course no way near 3D marios quality but it's not as bad a game as reviews make it out to be

Even without knacks placement Marios 14th place is a bit sad on its own. Worried this won't affect the UK Wii U install base much

Imagine the killing Nintendo would have made if Super Mario 3D World was a PlayStation 4 launch title.

RRnhhqW.gif

Did the Metacritic Stans just assume Knack was a bad game even tho most of them didn't play it? I played a bit at GameStop yesterday. It's definitely better than Mario. Also looks better like a Pixar movie.

Haha. I knew you were just being sarcastic in fact.:p

JoeM86

Uh even if you say Knack beating Mario isn't noteworthy, 3D World launching 14th is god awful

Not necessarily. Considering as it was a launch week, software sales are inflated for that week for launch titles for that console, especially as it was a very successful launch.

Heimbeck

Banned
Not looking too good for MS... Weren't the US and UK the two places that were strong MS territory? Looks to be going Sony... As for Knack, it shouldn't be surprising it sold more than 3D World when you consider the bundles and Wii U install base.

It was the 360 sold better than the Wii here in the UK.
Now it looks like PS4>XONE>WII U

SparkTR

I don't understand how Pikmin 3 charted better than 3D World. Also the PSP being the previous record holder, the UK is a weird place.

Rat Salad

Banned
Not really only in a few select bundles non official i dont think, the official bundles were mostly kz.

Wow... So Knack really did outsell Mario. Either Nintendo are in serious trouble with mario is serious decline or Knack is a new franchise that people are buying in droves. Probably somrewhere in the middle I guess. I have to confess I thought the game was just average(haven't played it) but so far sales are looking good. I'll have to keep it on my curiosity/buy list when I get PS4 in a year or two.

Wait, so you mean a console launch title on a console launch (when they sell the most), which was also in a bundle, sold more than a new title on a console that has not done well in the country?

I am shocked. SHOCKED. </sarcasm>

stop moving the posts. If anyone said last week Knack was going to outsell mario, even in the UK you would would laughed at them.

Maybe now you guys can finally accept what ive been saying all along about the UK market :- The Wii U will not be on the Majority of shore shelves in 3 months time. Anyone wanting one will have to buy online.

Bebpo

Banned
Mario's a way better game. But Knack is a good game that got incredibly bullshit reviews against it (it's basically kameo of the ps4 launch and a 7-8/10 but got 3-6s for no good reason), so, glad it sold ok. It deserves a sequel as much as Ratchet, Jak and Sly games do.

Goodlife

PS4 probably came close to doubling the WiiU's install base in the UK in a day or two, so no surprise that any PS4 game sold more.

Again, the WiiU is long dead in the UK, this kind of stuff is no surprise.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I want to know more, especially how Xbox One exclusives sold this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom