• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 fastest-selling console in UK history, outsells Wii U LTD in UK [250K PS4 in 48h]

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow..

aTSGn9F.jpg

Be true when I wake up in the morning.

jmcoo7

Banned

Actually if you go to stock informer you will find out they have only ps4 in the odd store 1/2 out of 600 odd and xbox one in over 200 stores.

madmackem

They go in and out of stock so quickly, two of my mates have been trying there. Argos is strange like that, it could show instock and only be in two stores with two machines.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
3) The fact that Knack outsold Mario is not the conversation, The conversation is that the Wii U install base doesn't buy anything and even 3D Mario is not reviving the consoles fortunes in this territory.

Here's the reasons why this game isn't going to sell well:-

1. GAME were charging £49.99 on launch day.
2. You've got very little in the way of high street alternatives because most supermarkets etc... don't sell any WiiU stuff.
3. Stupidly, Nintendo charge full price for the game in the eShop.

Keep failing WiiU. Keep failing.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm curios about the numbers. I find it strange that PS4 was just around 185k, low supply I guess. But that means that they didn't have too many available also for the rest of EU. - not enough coffee

As for Mario vs. Knack, beside the console wars this shouldn't be such a good news. I want to see games like Mario and Tearaway being produced rather than Knack, I don't enjoy the mediocrity, but if it sales, so be it. Of course the bundles and the not so good launch line-up helped, but still it does send a signal to the game producers.

DBT85

I, for one am not surprised in the least.

The actual sales number is the interesting bit.

UK is now officially PS4 territory. Pack the generation up now. All over.

/s

Copenap

Wait, isn't Wii U LTD is about 3 million? That's crazy! Did Sony managed to ship that much?

UK only.

I'm curios about the numbers. I find it strange that PS4 was just around 185k, low supply I guess. But that means that they didn't have too many available also for the rest of EU.

They don't say anything about PS4 being at 185, only that it gotta be higher since PSP was 185. It could be one bazillion from all we know.

Why are people surprised about PS4 beating XB1?

Only reason 360 beat it in UK was 15 month head start and £145 cheaper.

Also to the tossers who are saying Brits have bad taste. Does that mean Japanese gamers have bad taste? Let's see what the sales of Mario are in America. Fact of the matter is the Wii is far too expensive in the UK for such a limited system. If Mario was on the PS4 or Xbox it would sell higher. I haven't seen one advertisement from Nintendo. It's been all Sony and MS.

Here's the reasons why this game isn't going to sell well:-

1. GAME were charging £49.99 on launch day.
2. You've got very little in the way of high street alternatives because most supermarkets etc... don't sell any WiiU stuff.
3. Stupidly, Nintendo charge full price for the game in the eShop.

Keep failing WiiU. Keep failing.

Nintendo's absurd attitude to pricing are the very reason why I still haven't bought TW101 and Sonic lost world.

They are simply having a bubble.

for the last week and a half?

Not popular.

No, on the launch of PS4 - which accounts for this chart period - it was a very popular (official) bundle. Accidentally so, but people wanted it because they wanted a PS4. Knack itself? Less so, but the PS4 Knack bundle is a different matter; Sony will sell as many as they can make.

Salex_

That boy Mario Kart is our last hope.

I hope Mario Kart and Smash bros steer them in the right direction. I skipped out on the Wii but the backwards compatible along with all those 2013-2014 Wii U titles will make the console very appealing.

IN&OUT

Banned
Knack is a great game, why the need to trash it? it deserve every single sale. Blame Nintendo for WiiU/Mario poor sales.

Way to go Sony.

Killzone Shadow Fall at 4th place is pretty good, I hope they keep it up.

Also Batman Arkham Oranges still on the top 10, pretty nice as well, the game had its flaws, but still was so enjoyable.

dat one year head start

Ended up absolutely hurting them. They should have just held off and released the Wii U this year at 250 bucks with a shit ton of games. And man calling something mediocre without playing it is hilarious in this thread. Knack may be mediocre game, but calling it that based off MC reviews which are only useful when trying to bash a game is stupid.

Actually if you go to stock informer you will find out they have only ps4 in the odd store 1/2 out of 600 odd and xbox one in over 200 stores.

I've got over 20 hits on stock informer. Maybe stores got some stock in today?

They go in and out of stock so quickly, two of my mates have been trying there. Argos is strange like that, it could show instock and only be in two stores with two machines.

Yeah, it's definitely jumping in and out of stock, but it's hardly gold-dust as suggested.

Neither console seems to be that hard to find now that the launch rush is over with...if you have the time and are willing to travel a few miles out of your way to get one...

hwateber

Good for Knack, but I think a lot of those people took the bundle as their only option. Still better than paying the scalpers $100 extra :p

KoopaTheCasual

I'm curios about the numbers. I find it strange that PS4 was just around 185k, low supply I guess. But that means that they didn't have too many available also for the rest of EU.

As for Mario vs. Knack, beside the console wars this shouldn't be such a good news. I want to see games like Mario and Tearaway being produced rather than Knack, I don't enjoy the mediocrity, but if it sales, so be it. Of course the bundles and the not so good launch line-up helped, but still it does send a signal to the game producers.
What are you talking about? The only thing we know is that PS4 broke the UK record which was previously set at 185k. The PS4 number is speculated to be in the 250k ballpark. That's the opposite of low supply if you look up sales history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom