• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 fastest-selling console in UK history, outsells Wii U LTD in UK [250K PS4 in 48h]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafemomo

wow..

aTSGn9F.jpg
It's not hard to outsell 25 units.

I wonder what country in Europe has the most WiiUs sold?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Nintendo's absurd attitude to pricing are the very reason why I still haven't bought TW101 and Sonic lost world.

They are simply having a bubble.

At this point. I've decided. Fuck 'em. I'm never buying a new game at retail on their system ever again. I'll wait and buy it second hand. I'd sooner give the profits to my local indie shop then Nintendo.

I've got over 20 hits on stock informer. Maybe stores got some stock in today?

Yeah, it's definitely jumping in and out of stock, but it's hardly gold-dust as suggested.

Neither console seems to be that hard to find now that the launch rush is over with...if you have the time and are willing to travel a few miles out of your way to get one...

The Argos site says "available for delivery" at times but that is heavily postcode dependent. Seems weird, but I've tried about ten different areas are none can have it shipped, let alone collect in store.

Elvick

Banned
You never know. Imagine if Knack were to implement Katamari Damacy elements. Imagine multiplayer online platforming Knack. Imagine flying mecha Knack. Imagine Knack reduced to a bunch of spherical pieces that you have to move around ala Marble Madness.

They have (and had) the opportunity to make Knack and interesting series. They just have to do it.
I want a sequel so bad, I think that marble madness idea is great. Especially since Knack's core is that big round relic (when he's little it's big anyway :p) Would add some much needed variety (though I'm sure some would hate that, so keep it minimal). Plus, Cerny made Marble Madness. So win/win. They couldn't mess up that with him involved.

Even if they're like optional sections that'd be great.

Lots of potential for Knack as a series.

Exactly. Nintendo messed up dont blame poor Knack.

This

It's not knacks fault or UK people's fault, knack sold more

It's nintendos fault for not making a compelling case to the public on why they should buy their console. Install base is very important for the first couple of years until you get to a healthy base

They'll take Japan.

The morale victory aside, I don't think Sony would (or should) even care if they do at this point. A graying, growth-stagnated population where the console gaming market has already reached (and exceeded) full maturation isn't exactly at the top of anyone's list as far as strategic growth goes.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
We don't normally get figures from official sources outside Japan apart from Nintendo.

Knack will quickly fall behind SMW3D in overall sales too, but its funny and sad for now.

Nope. The bubble has burst. WiiU is dead. There is no way that Ninty can at this point revive it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What are you talking about? The only thing we know is that PS4 broke the UK record which was previously set at 185k. The PS4 number is speculated to be in the 250k ballpark. That's the opposite of low supply if you look up sales history.

Ah, ok, I need to finish my coffee then and read again. Sorry for making you nervous.

Why are people surprised about PS4 beating XB1?

Only reason 360 beat it in UK was 15 month head start and £145 cheaper.

Also to the tossers who are saying Brits have bad taste. Does that mean Japanese gamers have bad taste? Let's see what the sales of Mario are in America. Fact of the matter is the Wii is far too expensive in the UK for such a limited system. If Mario was on the PS4 or Xbox it would sell higher. I haven't seen one advertisement from Nintendo. It's been all Sony and MS.

People on this forum just don't understand the UK market at all.

In the states, far as I can tell, games and consoles only go down in price when they are failing. Thats why they see the collapsing sale prices of games over here and think its a problem. Its not. Our market wont buy unless we see value. The Price of the PS4 gives us that.

Likewise I predict, in the coming months, even though their are less XB1's out there, that the sales of XB1 multiplats will keep up and even outstrip Ps4 games if Sony isn't careful. Why?

Because in many cases the games are a tenner cheaper. These publishers better buck their ideas up, because the market for 45-50 quid games will dry up REAL fast. 40 pounds is the maximum people are willing to go and 35 quid is the sweet spot.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Nope, It was a bundle pack over here too:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1473825.htm

On a side note I'd just like to apologise on behalf of everyone on in the UK. It's genuinely quite sad when something as bland as Knack outsells a new fantastic Mario day one. Not good.

No one was gonna buy that unbundled. Mario still wins.

For one generation, yes.
It didn't really have as strong a lead in the end as many think though.

RulkezX

Here's the reasons why this game isn't going to sell well:-

1. GAME were charging £49.99 on launch day.
2. You've got very little in the way of high street alternatives because most supermarkets etc... don't sell any WiiU stuff.
3. Stupidly, Nintendo charge full price for the game in the eShop.

Keep failing WiiU. Keep failing.

It was 44.99 in store. The guy who sold me it had said it had been really popular that day , which I assumed was BS anyway given I stay in a town of 40k people and there are probably only a few hundred U's in the area at best.

It's a shame it sold poorly because it's all kinds of amazing. My 5 year old has spent the weekend walking around humming Mario music, it's such a shame to see the console fail so badly.

noobie

Banned
Umm, that really remains to be seen. You need a healthy userbase for that kind of claim.

Healthy comes after the userbase. with ~170k user base the max it can sell is pretty low. and with PS4 sales ramping up most probably in future even if 5% buying it, i think it will keep it ahead of Mario

Copenap

In the UK, I meant. Read the first page full of Xbox is UK town. It was playstation town before that and they screwed everyone with price tag and delay.

Read through the first page again and found 2 posts you could consider surprised ;)

Anyways, I hope we'll get some actual numbers soon.

jmcoo7

Banned
The Mario thing is pretty sad, I've been a Nintendo fan for a long time, but even I got fed up off all the Mario rehashes and gave my Wii u to my nephew. It's about time they have him a few months off :)

Hasney

Nintendo should just leave the UK market and patch out the region lock while they're at it. Then just give us the US eShop including US pricing.

Wishful thinking...

Isn't UK supposed to be Xbawks land?

UK is price oriented more than anything else.

For those who will undoubtedly bring up Wii U. That's in an odd place where people are just completely indifferent to it, possibly due to how Nintendo handled the last two years of the Wii and there not being the same multiplt games on U as there are on PS360 and PS4/X1.

Y'all say this but the WW LTD WiiU numbers will be clocked soon at this rate
sad.gif

Yes that's pretty much certain at this point. Only question is when

Wii U really needs to make a more compelling case in the eyes of the public to get momentum. No idea what it should do though

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ps4-beats-xbox-one-to-fastest-selling-uk-console-ever-crown/0125168

The exact number of PS4s sold in the UK was not revealed, although MCV understands that the figure is not just higher than PSP’s 180k, but significantly so.

Expected. Sony wants to send a message methinks

NewGame

Banned
Fighting sales charts with sales charts? PS4 beat WiiU so Super Mario will beat Knack?

I think it's crazy how Sony obsessed UK is. I'm sure there's some sort of Sony oriented backmasked hypnotic suggestion in God Save The Queen or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom