• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 2.50 (Yukimura) coming March 26

gruenel

Does 30 seconds more really make that much of a difference on whether or not you play a system?

By that logic you probably can't stand Bloodborne load screens..

I welcome the features but it in no way (for me) determines what system I turn on when I get home

It takes much more than 30 seconds to boot up the system, start the game, wait for all the splash screens, load the save etc..

Not that it bothers me that much personally, but I can see why someone who doesn't play for long sessions is turned off by that.

Stike

It takes much more than 30 seconds to boot up the system, start the game, wait for all the splash screens, load the save etc..

Not that it bothers me that much personally, but I can see why someone who doesn't play for long sessions is turned off by that.
Oh I can definitely see a usage scenario in coming home from work, picking your Vita from your jacket and within a few seconds, you are good to play whatever you want... *drool*

Does 30 seconds more really make that much of a difference on whether or not you play a system?

I welcome the features but it in no way (for me) determines what system I turn on when I get home

Honestly, yes. Especially as someone that doesn't play super long each session, like 1-2 hours.

With most other electronic devices we don't need to power up from a dead start with no apps running. It's quite primitive to not have the feature actually.

mike4001_

This !

It will be more in the 2 minute range from the power button until you are playing from your savepoint in the game.

Evo X

Suspend & Resume is my favorite feature on Xbox One. Glad the PS4 is finally getting it. Will make hopping into Bloodborne sessions much faster!

a.wd

I am looking forward to turning on my PS4 after 4 months???! Crikey, actually maybe I will wait for the first week, let people see if it is stable or not.

murgo

Yay, finally suspend/resume! It pisses me off everytime I have to completely reboot a game just because I had to leave for 20 minutes.

Thoraxes

We have a date...

Now to hope it actually works lol

No way in hell will I be one of the first to update given their track record.

Do you have kids? If not, I can see why you don't see as much value in this feature.

Saiyan-Rox

Yeah, sync in background, AFAIK

You sure? the only thing I heard regarding trophies is the ability to delete 0% listings. hope i'm wrong because background sync would be awesome.

EDIT: oh and the screenshot being taken automatically

Kyoufu

OP please copypasta the changelog:)

There's no changelog that I can see, just the same information that's been posted by the various blogs out there in the past few weeks.

I suspect we'll see some stealth additions made that people will have to dig for. Or maybe the US/EU blogs will post a real log later today.

Finally Suspend/Resume will be great for GTA and Bloodborne sessions!

Also application back up is a god send seeing as I'm upgrading my HDD next week.
We could only move save files before right?

LAA

Does that means it could release today for some?
Japan is like a day ahead nearly for me I think.
Application back up is nice, if only it was there when upgraded my HDD, but great for new comers.

gruenel

What do you mean? It's a great feature.

Games should really be listed in the downloads section even after the inital download though.

Currently there's no way to pause a download after the initial install, for example. It's also quite confusing that you have to go into the options menu to show the download progress.

Massa

What do you mean? It's a great feature.

I find it badly implemented in most games, but the issue is that PlayGo downloads can't be managed manually, which sucks when they stop for whatever reason. My Bloodborne pre-order was stuck at 11GB and there was nothing I could do until the game released, the only thing that resumed the download was launching the game. And then when I got home at night the download was stuck at 18Gb, and I had to restart the PS4 to get it going again.

Top Bottom