• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 hardware design unveiled

Seriously, how the hell are people saying this looks like the Xbone? And as far as copying goes, do you honestly think they made this in a month since the Xbone unveiling? SMFH.

Concept17

My biggest complaint with the Xbone was that it was TOO simple. Simplicity is great, but the box has zero personality, and it just needed one little aspect of recognition to it.

So Sony made a box with a slant. lol

I like it for the most part, and I think sitting in any setup it'll be easily recognizable. Also the small size and it being more slender is a huge plus. The Xbone is so damn huge and boxy.

I was walking past my *mint in box PS2 slim part 2* and noticed some design similarites! Cute!

ibsWcqd3c8dtlU.png

Aww, and the original Playstation logo is featured so prominently!

vio

It is like nothing else out there. Although there must be some building that looks same.
It is unique looking and i think that is very important. I am not sure if camera is included.

Igo

Not really sure what I think of it right now. I like it more than the One but the design doesn't impress me at all. In fact, the incongruity between the console, controller and camera is really bothering me.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's sexy as hell. Not sure what some of you guys are smoking.

ReconPeon

Seriously, how the hell are people saying this looks like the Xbone? And as far as copying goes, do you honestly think they made this in a month since the Xbone unveiling? SMFH.

I don't think anyone is saying that they copied the Xbox one, but by some weird coincidence they did manage to make it look pretty damn similar.

NIGHT-

I wonder how hot this will run. Kinda glad I decided to hold out on purchasing it at launch. Wanna make sure all the issues are lined out before purchasing

It's sexy as hell. Not sure what some of you guys are smoking.

Not really sure how anyone could call this design sexy.. But okay.

sholvaco

Neo Member
So, it's confirmed, it comes with a 500GB HDD, Headset and an HDMI cable (finally). PS Camera is sold separately. http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130611a_e.pdf

275×53×305 mm (width × height × length)

I think this is actually a slightly bigger footprint than xbone, just that it's long rather than wide.

Glad too see all the previously announced specs still stand. With xbone specs being so pedestrian Sony could've easily afforded a slight downclock or roll back to 4 gigs of ram and still be ahead.

Disappointed with both the PS4 and XB1 designs.

At least the XB1 look like it belongs in my media rack. PS4 looks like a cheap toy console from the 90's.

Both need to hire an Apple industrial designer stat.

I like that it's smaller. The design is nothing to get excited about. Seriously sick of this two tone crap!

Give me a white console for my living room and a black one for my bedroom.

Solid Colors...please!

DJ88

How are people thinking this looks the same as the Xbox one? It's not even close. Yeah it's a back box, like just about every other piece of entertainment hardware, but the actual design is completely different.

If its internal and more powerful then the XBone then it really makes me wonder what was going on with MS's hardware engineers

Onboard Esram/DDR3 Hybrid...I've said it was the wrong move since day one. The chip will run hot, give up gpu space, and have a higher fail rate. >.> Was fairly predictable.

Veronica

Banned
Basically this and Xbox One look almost identical in design, so I really don't get people's reactions about oh so sexy or whatever. I'd say the XB1 actually looks better, imho.

Anbec7

Soo uhm question

The ps4 is not gonna be retro with ps3 games right??
I don´t remember if this was said in the conference....

Phanta

I like the the design is ok. Not flashy but I can't call it ugly. Looks sleek and will probably look better in person.

Not that the design matters all that much to me though especially seeing how it's small and seemingly light.

Top Bottom