• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Menu/UI video

Lace

Posted in another thread but thought I'd add it here. Made a gif of the startup for anyone interested.

ibcnlixiWpNxxD.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who primarily plays competitive FPSs, I love all the social and sharing stuff. Looks really really good.

Lace

Yup #TeamRealName, with less anonymity maybe we'll see a decline of online jerks & trolls then again maybe not.

I was actually just thinking about this. People knowing their name is behind the voice might help tone down a lot of online slander. Although I'm not too sure I would like people being able to know who I am :l

VanWinkle

I was actually just thinking about this. People knowing their name is behind the voice might help tone down a lot of online slander. Although I'm not too sure I would like people being able to know who I am :l

I think only friends can see your real name, and that's only if you let them.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So is there an optional install to hard-drive feature?
I remember reading one of the reason for the mandatory disc installs on the Xbox One is because loading 8 gigs of RAM would take too long via the Bluray drive. I imagine the PS4 has the same limitations so it'll probably require mandatory installations that are done in the background while you play. You probably won't be able to play without the disc though since there's nothing that attaches it to your account.

Darvan

I actually liked the attention to detail with Will's apartment not looking like the average gamer ad apartment which normally looks like I make ton's of money and live in a penthouse apartment on the top floor. I would say the dwelling allows you to focus more on the PS4 and menu's if that makes any sense.

Sickbean

Looks really nice.

I could do without all the Facebook style 'like' business, but Facebook aping is a given these days.

Have they confirmed whether or not these are actual sequences or pre-recorded like the Xbone? Looks very smooth if so.

Raonak

Banned
Incase anyone didn't know, PS4 has a second chip dedicated to background processess and stuff, so chances are that it'll be just as smooth.

Also related, switching between stuff on the vita is just as smooth.

ActionMan

It's not bad, but I'm just not convinced Windows 8 way of doing things is the best way. XMB has it's problems, but jumping from tile to tile with a d-pad untill you eventually reach the needed square is worse.

Quixzlizx

lol at the download speed being that fast.

also was that the PS4 startup noise? Crazy

I'm pretty sure the download was so fast because the PS4 has MMO-type streaming where you only need to download a small portion of the game to start it up, and it downloads in the background while you play. This is according to the reveal conference.

Top Bottom