• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Teaser Video for E3

AndyD

aka andydumi
pulsing blue light. what does it meeeannnn?

Probably a status indicator like notification lights on cell phones. Since this will be am always on social integration box with messaging and so forth, I would be surprised if it does not have some sort of signaling to let you know about new messages. And since blinking LEDs would be too distracting in an entertainment center, pulsing is sufficiently discreet to work. Optionally hopefully.

The Jason

Wow I woke up to this video, I hope someone can put those images together somehow, but damn Sony wants to steal the xbox thunder.

Ok, I just made this.

Wzx3cbX.jpg

Based on the pics, PS3 + Retro + Tron awesome lights
KuGsj.gif

this is probably the best/most accurate mock up right now.

Sony should go on the offensive if Microsoft don't trump them with features or specs. I guess not even Sony knows what MS are going to show tomorrow?

i have a feeling MS will trump them with games, or at least a couple big 3rd party exclusives.

Oh pleaase have a (very) thin neon light going across part of the console that would be so fucking cool.

Yeah yeah I realise some people find lights distracting/tacky but I don't care I'm the type who likes pc gaming rigs with all the custom case lights etc.

Niwa

I got the impression that the Console is somehow standing on a foot like the Wii U controller on the charger. I hope this makes sense.

Linconan

How can people do mock ups of what it might look like without know what belongs to what,lol

There's 2 things in the teaser.
Console and DS4 Controller

But as for the teaser.
*Fap fap fap fap fap.....

The Jason

The vents will never be in the front and accented like that.

That is the problem I see.

I think these vents will be in the back:

and these (which look more square) will be small, and in the front near the bottom:

The video shows both these vents from multiple angles, but I think these are the only two types we will see.

Midou

Vents at the front seems like it would actually be a good idea though, in most setups, the vents will push into your TV stand which may not have a lot of circulation.

Deadstar

Vents at the front seems like it would actually be a good idea though, in most setups, the vents will push into your TV stand which may not have a lot of circulation.

Do you think the PS4 will be quieter than the ps3? I'd pay $100 extra for a silent system. Nothing is more annoying than trying to watch a movie at night and the fans are blowing full blast.

Top Bottom