• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 & Xbox One: October 2016 Games

Mafia 3 and Gears 4 already pre-ordered.
Skyrim Remastered will be free for me on PC as I own base game+DLCs.

Mildly interested in WWE 2K17. Battlefield 1 also on my radar.

SenkiDala

DraQue Builders on PS4 for me. And maybe the DSIII DLC (probably).

ROTR PS4 when I get the PS4 Pro in November, World of FF later, can't play all those games at once anyway, so will wait for a sale.

Will wait for a PSVR but when I get it I'll get REZ!

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
BF1 for me. So much good stuff but will hold off and pick up cheap after Christmas.......because I'm a cheapskate and cause I'll sink hundreds of hours into battlefield. :)

Ikon

This month has a few games I'll pick up some time when they're much cheaper. Mainly Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid and Gears of War.

farisr

My purchases:

-PSVR bundle (no games for it, since I am lacking an actual PS4 until the Pro comes out)
-Gears 4 ($22 CAD preorder, already have plans with a friend to splitscreen co-op it)

Things may have looked really different if I had a PS4 to play stuff this month, as I probably would've made a lot of VR purchases.

Gaenor

Banned
Battlefield 1
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim SE

And because of The Last Guardian's delay, I might buy World of Final Fantasy.

Edit: list updated

This is the October PSVR release list (removed existing PS4 games getting addons as best as I could) courtesy of the Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles thread made by Sangetsu-II

-100ft Robot Golf
-Ace Banana
-Batman Arkham VR
-Battlezone
-The Brookhaven Experiment
-Carnival Games VR
-DRIVECLUB VR
-EVE: Gunjack
-EVE: Valkyrie
-Fated: The Silent Oath
-Harmonix Music VR
-Hatsune Miku VR: Future Live
-Headmaster
-Here They Lie
-Holodance
-Idolmaster Cinderella Girls: Viewing Revolution [Japan Release] [Region-Free]
-Job Simulator
-Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
-Kismet
-Loading Human: Chapter 1
-Mortal Blitz VR
-The Music Room VR
-Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul
-PlayStation VR Worlds
-Pool Nation VR
-Psychonauts: In The Rhombus Of Ruin
-Rez Infinite
-RIGS: Mechanized Combat League
-Robinson: The Journey
-Space Slam
-Summer Lesson [Japan Release] [Region-Free]
-SUPERHYPERCUBE
-Tethered
-Thumper
-Tumble VR
-Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
-Wayward Sky
-Windlands

1078.gif

farisr

hahahaha, knowing about the list beforehand, I was wondering how you were going to handle all the releases as soon as I saw this thread pop up.

But yeah, thinking about how many things I have to look forward to buying this last quarter, and how much it's all going to cost me.
realization-andaz-apn0vuko.gif

KodaRuss

Probably Tomb Raider and Titanfall for me. Possibly Battlefield but not sure yet.

I might get a PSVR but I could wait a little. The damn PS4 Pro comes out next month too not sure I can spend that much on hardware in less than a months time..

hahahaha, knowing about the list beforehand, I was wondering how you were going to handle all the releases as soon as I saw this thread pop up.

That's gotta be the most launch titles I've ever seen for a new system. Granted many of them will likely be short bouts, but their variety is quite impressive.

I have Gears of War 4 preordered, though my buddy will have to wait to play co-op with me because I'll only be getting the standard edition.

Probably pick up Rise of the Tomb Raider as well. All the new add-on content and other tweaks have garnered my interest.

Smidget

I'm going in on PSVR, but with the demo disc and VR Worlds packaged with the bundle I'll wait for reviews for everything else. Probably Battlezone though. And already have Gears of War 4 preloaded. Maybe Battlefield? Will wait for reviews/price drops on Mafia 3 and Titanfall 2.

OP is missing:
Aragami (PS4/PC) - October 4th
Farming Simulator 17 (PS4/Xbone/PC) - October 25th
Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence – Ascension (PS4) - October 25th
And yeah, a crazy number of PSVR games

I'm definitely getting World of Final Fantasy and will probably get Aragami and one or two other indie games that pop up.

I'm interested in PSVR but I think I'll get it sometime next year.

Grim-Reality

Neo Member
Dark souls 3 DLC and Dragon Quest builders for me. Interested in world of FF but i'll wait for impressions first and i'll probably wait for the pro before getting Tomb Raider.

Undecided on whether to get PSVR atm but damn that list is really tempting.

Kremzeek

OMG wallet am cry!!

Tomb Raider- so hyped! Although going to wait to play it on the Pro

World of FF, Skyrim, Dragon Quest!!!! But really the last 2 should drop in price fast?... So maybe I can wait because realistically I can't play all those games anyway :p

Xenoverse 2 is a definite. Rise of the Tomb Raider I will be getting as well, but I'm not sure if I'll get it day one.

Right now a lot hinges on whether or not I'm going to get PSVR or not. I have a pre-order set in, but I keep going back and forth on whether I want to keep it. If I keep I'll probably at least get Rez, and maybe Arkham VR, and put Rise on hold.

EDIT: And Last Guardian, damn. Forgot about that one. Between this a few movies I'm getting, October is looking to be an expensive month.

GazzaGSi

Mafia III is a maybe. Nothing else.

I've only started to consider it in the last few days, it's had some decent previews and I really enjoyed Mafia on PS3 but I need to prioritise and think Mafia may have to wait until abit later in the year.

I've still not decided between Fifa or PES but thinking PES gets the nod this year based on the demos I've played.
I've got Battlefield One pre ordered as well as COD Infinite Warfare legacy edition so will have Modern Warfare remaster early Oct.
I'm also eagarly waiting The Division 1.4 update which is due in Oct as well so plenty to get stuck in to.

Then there's the decision to be made on a new tele between now and when PS4 Pro is released!

Dammit. Was really looking forward to The Last Guardian. Oh well. I guess I have time now to replay Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

SJRB

Gold Member
...wait, both Tomb Raider and Batman Remastered are coming in the next few weeks?

Jesus Christ.

black070

Titanfall 2 and Skyrim: Special Edition are already paid off - really keen to check out Mafia 3, Dragon Quest Builders, World of Final Fantasy and Rise of the Tomb Raider, but by the time I'd get to playing them, they'd most likely have gone on sale.

SpokkX

Slow month

Dark Souls 3 dlc
Titanfall 2 if singleplayer is amazing (it wont be though...)
Gears 3 if it reviews 90+ (it wont though..)

Quite a few games I'm interested in but they fall into the "I can wait for a reduced price" tier.

I'm just waiting for Gravity Rush 2 in December.

Mafia III
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Remastered
Gears of War 4
Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
Duke Nukem 3D Remastered
Batman: The Arkham Collection

Rentals:

Battlefield 1
Titanfall 2
Tomb Raider PS4

Double dipping on World of Final Fantasy, and there's Paper Mario, but everything else is portable this month for me (Dragon Quest Builders, Yokai Watch 2, Yomawari, Rhythm Heaven).

Menitta

Not much for me this month. I might get Titanfall 2 if it's as good as Titanfall 1. If not, I should probably get Titanfall 1.

Top Bottom