• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 & Xbox One: October 2016 Games

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Looks like nothing unless something indie pops up. Which is fine by me, as I've got plenty in my backlog to tackle.

Damn the wallet is begging for mercy.

Battlefield 1
DS3 DLC
World of FF (Didn't realize it was out so soon)
If I get VR I'll get RIGS
Mayyyybe Mafia 3
Mayyyybeeee Gears on PC.

Kordelle

Insane month...
Gears and later Titanfall will keep me busy for the rest of the year, maybe with some smaller games like Firewatch and Virginia on the side.

Need Forza Horizon 3 from this month but damn next month is stacked.

May wait on Skyrim until mods are out butt World of Final Fantasy and Battlefield really make it difficult what one to get.

Zedox

I'll be there for Gears 4 since I got it for the LOW. I should have money once again (wedding) so I'll try to be there for Titanfall 2. My body is ready!

wouwie

Nothing really interesting for me except for Rise of the Tomb Raider, which i'll buy at some point in the future. I have quite a few games that i already bought but haven't played yet so i'll be catching up on those first. November and especially december will be a lot more interesting though.

kc44135

Hmm, so Skyrim on PS4 isn't ever getting Mod support, right? If so, I'll probably pass for now. I'd get it and Gears if I had an X1 though (currently waiting on Scorpio). Guess it's just Tomb Raider and maybe Last Gaurdian for me this this month.

Eggiem

Mafia 3
Battlefield 1
Darksouls 3 DLC
for me.
Great variety of gameplay with these 3 completely different games.

NightOnyx

Getting Gears 4 for free through the Nvidia promotion. I will also get Dark Souls 3 DLC and Battlefield. I would like Titanfall 2 but I think I will get that next year sometime. Just too many games coming out over the next few months. Dumb timing on EA's part for that game.

Oneself

ROTTR for me... My 1st PS4 Pro game ;)

I'm also getting BF1 because I got a pre-order discount of 30$... Even if I mostly play SP. Hopefully the campaign won't suck.

Orca

Spending a thousand bucks to go to the Heritage Classic in Winnipeg so I don't know what I'll be picking up this month. Normally it'd be quite a few games lol

Mafia 3 for sure... Will purchase the Arkham Collection & Skyrim HD at some point in time. Gears 4 makes me want to buy another X1, but I may just wait for Scorpio to play it.

Gears of War 4 is the only game I really want in October and that's even if I can afford it.

Skyrim SE and Battlefield 1 are maybes. I really liked Skyrim on 360 but I'm not sure if I want to sink that much time into it again and while I had some fun with Battlefield's beta, I'm not the biggest fan of the series and (especially if I get Gears) I'll have enough mutliplayer games to keep me busy.

Unfortunately I'll be passing on Titanfall 2. I just don't like what's there as it is. Maybe down the line if Respawn improves on it. Or maybe I'll just have to wait and see how Titanfall 3 shapes up whenever that comes.

Stupid expensive as hell month (even though a bunch are "cheaper" things), easily my most expensive of the year so some may perhaps be bought in November to spread it out:

World of Final Fantasy
Exist Archive
Darksiders (would drop it due to expensive month but it's cheap)
Playstation VR (mostly paid off)

Batman Arkham VR
Rez Infinite
DriveClub VR

More PSVR launch games:
Robinson: The Journey
Summer Lesson (JP)
Psychonauts: In The Rhombus Of Ruin (Forgot this was a launch game)
One of EVE: Valkyrie/RIGS: Mechanized Combat League/Battlezone

Still looking at Wayward Sky or Fated: The Silent Oath (supposedly short so may wait for a sale) late in the month, I'd like a VR adventure game in addition to Robinson.

Deciding on whether or not to get Tomb Raider right away (may wait until the Pro, would also give me another VR thing at that time)
Will probably get Dragon Quest Builders, just later
Was going to get Aragami but may have to wait until November
Interested in previews/reviews of 100ft Robot Golf

Thank god I didn't buy much in August or September and November is basically PS4 Pro and FFXV (with TLG and GR2 in December) and not much else for my wallet outside of some anime releases.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
;_; My-my wallet...

WOFF
ROTR
Return To Arkham
BF1
SKyrim
Titanfall....

I might have to set Titanfall and BF1 until later

Hoje0308

Banned
Going for Aragami and BF1. Had planned on buying Mafia 3 as well, but then lengthy gameplay videos came along and, well, no thanks.

Has there been anything confirmed about Mafia 3 and the Pro? I'm very interested but if they're doing any type of Pro stuff for it I'll just wait until November or later.

The month is so packed either way.

NahaNago

Lets see mostly like i'll be getting
  • world of final fantasy
  • exist archive
  • maybe batman
  • maybe darksiders

i might get vr as well its a big maybe.

Some Nobody

The fact that a pre-order of Rise of the Tomb Raider nets me the original game and that FFXV was pushed back made me go ahead and cave. I'll get that to hold me off until Watch_Dogs 2 next month.

Rise of the Tomb Raider (probably wait for my Pro to play)
Skytrim redux
PSVR

.... and about a million games for PSVR. Brutal month.

CORRECTION: Exist Archive comes out October 18th, not 28th,.

Ones I have interest in:

Gears of War 4
Exist Archive
World of Final Fantasy
Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel

I'm going to have to pass on some of them, but I already have my Dark Souls DLC paid for, so that's a must. Would love to get Gears and WoFF too though. Going to have to figure out the budget for the month.

Mafia III
Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mayyybbe Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1. I'm not big on multiplayer games so I want to see how the single player is first.

ohlawd

nothing for me, aww yeah. great month, confirms I can indeed move my September and other 2016 games backlog over

still got Style Savvy: Fashion Forward
Return to Popolocrois
Dragon Quest VII
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
to finish, I'm close to wrapping up Ace Attorney 6 tho

I'll wait for Gears 4 to hit $20 or lower. never gonna buy the other games

bebop242

Nothing day one. Mafia 3 is most interesting, but Watchdogs 2 has my full attention for now regarding open world. Need to play Mafia 2 first as well.

Tomb Raider, Batman and Skyrim remasters later down the road.

PSVR later if it is worthwhile.

crimilde

Banned
Getting Exist Archive, DQ Builders, World of FF, Steins;Gate 0, Root Letter and PSVR. Not sure yet on what PSVR games I'll get though, probably just play some demos at first. It's a brutal month for my wallet.

Top Bottom