• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 sales has surpassed the Xbox One

tusharngf

giphy.gif

feynoob

Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

MS got what they wanted. New business avenue and strong IP to utilize. They can now slowly kill Xbox and continue whatever the hell they are doing now.

XXL

Honestly, 58 million is not bad all things considered. I dont think Xbox Series gets to 50.
It's not getting anywhere close to 50M.

They are currently being outsold almost 6:1 since the "business event".

And that was reported before the last round of bad news.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Damn, didn't know One actually sold that much.

Yes you did:

That's a pretty good number.

Also XBO sold much higher than I would have expected as well.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yes you did:

That's a year old post and I was surprised then too.

Damn, XBO sold pretty alright by the end.

CosmicComet

The xbone was certainly one of the worst consoles of all time. And the Series X is doing its best to live down to those standards. It's an absolute testament to Microsoft's marketing power that it sold that much in spite of itself.

Even the short lived Saturn was better.

pasterpl

I guess it (XBS) will reach 30-40M, MS knows this as well, that’s why we are getting this rumours about them skipping straight to next gen instead of pro upgrade path. But with current Xbox leadership you cannot be sure of anything.

feynoob

I guess it (XBS) will reach 30-40M, MS knows this as well, that’s why we are getting this rumours about them skipping straight to next gen instead of pro upgrade path. But with current Xbox leadership you cannot be sure of anything.
It might not reach that much, if MS is trying to release the new gen console.

pasterpl

It might not reach that much, if MS is trying to release the new gen console.
As I said you never know with Xbox leadership, they might do crazy discounts just before announcing next gen. That would push sales, and if 1/3 of the already announced games hit the spot (being good) this might push hardware sales more just before next gen announcements. Again, this is all my thoughts.

On a separate note, isn’t gamepass userbase bigger now than xbs console sales? Also, it will be fun guessing what will be the name of the next Xbox console :)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
lol its the post history. i was in that thread and i also forgot we ever got the overall sales figures for the xbox one. who the fuck can remember everything from a year ago. but adamsapple hasnt done himself any favors.

80a84243-2aa5-402b-ac1f-0d623e088823_text.gif

GHG's reciepts are lethal. Got me banned once

You have deserved every single ban you've gotten, you gorgeous posterior, you.

Top Bottom