• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN 2.0: What should it be like? (Twitter #BetterPSN)

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Haha! If you could give this campaign come coverage too that would greatly appreciated :D More people the better!

That could work. I can't 100 percent guarantee, though since there's (unfortunately) some red tape when it comes to times like these (hassles of being owned by a corporation, I guess). But yeah, definitely interested in running a feature about this and even crediting GAF and asking people take use the hashtag and take part in it.

We ran a similar feature in our pre-E3 2015 coverage that touches on some of these as well.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/05/20/10-ps4-features-want-announced-e3-2015/#/slide/1

It got a good number of comments (as expected) and we can definitely push this thing more. I mean, EVERYONE benefits from it, no? I know I certainly want to see a better PSN.

Wow awesome! Haha didn't think you would come here and find my old post ^^ Glad you did, we could really need some press coverage. This would boost the campaign a lot and might get the attention it deserves.

There are always people complaining on so many channels, yet they rarely support it to help getting a potential more stable and better psn. If this gets a little more "official" touch, it might get the needed attention we all hope for and Sony might at least respond in some way. It has been so much worse since the success of PS4 and at least a word from Sony would help a ton :-/

Haha! Yeah, I search for replies to my username sometimes. xD

Not sure about "official" as Sony is actually more closed to media than you'd think -- well, at least from my experience. Events, review copies, preview stuff are one thing, but short of constantly bugging them when we see them for stuff, the most we can do is run a feature and email it to them.

Either that, or bug PlayStation PR via email for a response and whatnot, which they could choose to ignore or give a statement.

I really appreciate you guys thinking of us, and I'll take a look at what we can do on our end to make it happen ASAP. =)

Bahlor

I posted it over at the Vita subreddit - it's crazy the traffic generated there

though I'm surprised with the PS4 as popular as it is on GAF - not many seem to care as much

Absolutely true! Thanks again for sharing it :)

Not sure about "official" as Sony is actually more closed to media than you'd think -- well, at least from my experience. Events, review copies, preview stuff are one thing, but short of constantly bugging them when we see them for stuff, the most we can do is run a feature and email it to them.

Either that, or bug PlayStation PR via email for a response and whatnot, which they could choose to ignore or give a statement.

I really appreciate you guys thinking of us, and I'll take a look at what we can do on our end to make it happen ASAP. =)

Haha I see^^

With "official" I just meant that press coverage would make it a bit more serious looking "casuals", that are not that used to platforms like reddit / neogaf. I assume this would have a lot of impact on them. Thanks again! Hope to hear from you soon ;)

Just as a note, we just got some new records:

- 4k votes on the site!
- 55 users on the site at the same time... almost constantly
- 150 up-votes on reddit
- 55 followers on twitter
- 3,5k unique users on the website since 30.6.15

EDIT: Whoa @traffic... we got 4,3k votes and 175 up-votes on reddit already.

Bahlor

Totally awesome! Thanks so much! Added to the press list :) Just to be sure, that's Chile right?

Forget the numbers guys... outdated like hell. This is currently on fire haha :D

- 5,6k votes on the site!
- 70 users on the site at the same time... almost constantly
- 370 up-votes on reddit
- 68 followers on twitter
- 4,7k unique users on the website since 30.6.15

Don't want to open a new thread for this, but is it impossible that the PS4 could automatically save on an external drive/usb stick ?

That would solve the 1GB PS plus limitation and wouldn't require an internet connection.

maltrain

Totally awesome! Thanks so much! Added to the press list :) Just to be sure, that's Chile right?

Forget the numbers guys... outdated like hell. This is currently on fire haha :D

- 5,6k votes on the site!
- 70 users on the site at the same time... almost constantly
- 370 up-votes on reddit
- 68 followers on twitter
- 4,7k unique users on the website since 30.6.15

Yes, Chile. I hope Sony says something.

Aurizen

That could work. I can't 100 percent guarantee, though since there's (unfortunately) some red tape when it comes to times like these (hassles of being owned by a corporation, I guess). But yeah, definitely interested in running a feature about this and even crediting GAF and asking people take use the hashtag and take part in it.

We ran a similar feature in our pre-E3 2015 coverage that touches on some of these as well.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/05/20/10-ps4-features-want-announced-e3-2015/#/slide/1

It got a good number of comments (as expected) and we can definitely push this thing more. I mean, EVERYONE benefits from it, no? I know I certainly want to see a better PSN.

Anything helps! Thank You!

I wonder if the PS3 is what is holding back improvements of PSN ? If I recall, Microsoft had to wait until Xbox Live for the original Xbox was shut down for them to make some improvements to the service. Maybe it's the same thing here ?

Started supporting this, lots of great ideas and suggestions. Really proud of the community rallying together for a better service. With PS4 sales and people paying for Plus there's no excuse.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Added OnlySP and Kotaku to the OP. Thanks, guys. Twitter usage for the hashtag seems to be accelerating.

Aequitas

Really glad about the increasing coverage.
Now if only some other sites would stop being afraid to publish an article that addressed real issues...
*cough* IGN *cough*

Really glad about the increasing coverage.
Now if only some other sites would stop being afraid to publish an article that addressed real issues...
*cough* IGN *cough*

If Colin was still there, I bet he would have run with this. I know Sony has a bunch of people who visit GAF. Hopefully they can give some input on this.
I'm glad this is getting traction.

DirtyLarry

As an old man who does not use social features I selfishly want increased cloud storage as my #1 request.
A search function for library a very close 2nd.
And a wishlist for the store would be 3rd.

As a side wish, consistency for the download speeds would be my 4th. I say that as fortunately I am one of the people that hardly sees slow download speeds, but I no doubt do see them on occasion. So it would be nice if I just always got the speeds I know I can get.

A 2 Step Authentication is not a wish. It is a must have. Get with the times there.

Bahlor

Added as many press sites as I could find... now I need a small break... currently getting soooo many suggestions, can't process some right now, just too many^^

Caayn

Ouch the Kotaku article isn't even trying to play nice.

"The PlayStation Network, a premium subscription service that occasionally lets you play video games online, has a lot of problems. PS4 fans want to change that."

The more exposure this gets the better. Step up your game Sony!

So... why was this site made when http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ still exists? (the formats are remarkably similar, too)

It seems futile to keep voting on that site because there is absolutely no feedback from Sony. at least this way when we get some traction from journalism sites Sony will be forced to actually response and maybe make some moves for the better.

this entire campaign wouldn't be necessary if Sony knew how to communicate and gave us assurances that our suggestions and complaints are being actively fixed. Microsoft has done a fantastic job in this space and Sony could learn a thing or two from them.

paulogy

It seems futile to keep voting on that site because there is absolutely no feedback from Sony. at least this way when we get some traction from journalism sites Sony will be forced to actually response and maybe make some moves for the better.

this entire campaign wouldn't be necessary if Sony knew how to communicate and gave us assurances that our suggestions and complaints are being actively fixed. Microsoft has done a fantastic job in this space and Sony could learn a thing or two from them.

It seems like they have implemented half of the top 10 items requested. They list the progress and updates here: http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/popular/

paulogy

To be clear, I get why people want a better PSN. I do, too. And I get that it's fun to rally behind something and get media attention for it.

What I don't follow is why the Better PSN site is basically the ideas from the PlayStation Share site less the official status/feedback.

Bahlor

To be clear, I get why people want a better PSN. I do, too. And I get that it's fun to rally behind something and get media attention for it.

What I don't follow is why the Better PSN site is basically the ideas from the PlayStation Share site less the official status/feedback.

There was no intention behind this, the campaign site was completely made for neogaf first. I must admit I never heard of this official site before... my fault.

Bahlor

Also maybe someone could help me filtering some good things out of this list (all unmoderated suggestions)

Quote to reveal, don't want this to be public yet.

A few are quite funny^^

etta

my hard graphic balls
Also maybe someone could help me filtering some good things out of this list (all unmoderated suggestions)

Quote to reveal, don't want this to be public yet.

A few are quite funny^^

Oh god, some of those are hilarious. How can I help? Say which ones to keep and which to delete?

Top Bottom