• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 02/28/08

Benedict

Originally Posted by BojTrek:
I don't feel like playing a non-translated game... that is why I will not create a UK or JAPAN gamer account... that is just crazy...

I want my USA demo for Hot Shots Golf... NOW!

tanod said:
Maybe he doesn't speak English. He only speaks American.
morans.jpg

BojTrek

Banned
sullyj said:
Quoted for sheer awesomeness.

Thanks... I am here all week, try the veal!

I am glad some of you caught that...

Anyways, I cannot understand those grimy English folk... they talk silly!

Spy said:
I don't have a JP or UK account. I'd want the Hot Shots Golf demo on the US store for sheer convenience.

Ex-Zach-ly!

180pxzackmorris.jpg

Spy said:
I don't have a JP or UK account. I'd want the Hot Shots Golf demo on the US store for sheer convenience.

It takes less than 5 minutes to set one up. You could have had the thing downloading already if you hadnt spent your time winging in this thread.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Trailers:
-Minna No Golf 5-Valkyria of the Battlefield: Gallian Chronicles

Trailer for Minna No Golf 5 ??? why ? they should put that game into "playstation the best" series to push PS3 sales , freaking Trailer won't help .

Japan
Games/Demos:
-Baroque Syndrome (PS1) - ¥600
-Ide Yosuke no Mahjong Kyoshitsu (PS1) - ¥600
-Um Jammer Lammy (PS1) - ¥600
-Wai Wai Bowling (PS1) - ¥600

the other week JPN store got 6 and two week ago got 6 , there is like +170 PSone classic titles right now and we know there is big PSone titles coming to JPN PSstore soon , Japanese have PS card since moths ago , US/EU stores have big PSone nothing , Life's not fair.

FIRMWARE UPDATES: (all contain BC updates)
12/17/07 - 2.10 (DIVX and WMV codec support, BD 1.1 support, voice modulation, PS1 games playable via remote play)

:(

I blame Kanehide-kun and Kawanishi-san

spy said:

for just 5 mins you can have tonz of demos ( even PSP demos ) , videos , themes and other stuff you won't get on US store ..it's free too , here

Tanod-chan our lovely lord said:
JAPAN STORE HELP:
-Help on creating a Japan Store account. Alternate guide here.

MadFuzzy

Totobeni said:
Trailer for Minna No Golf 5 ??? why ? they should put that game into "playstation the best" series to push PS3 sales , freaking Trailer won't help .

It was for the new DLC that's coming over the next 2 months, and they also offered the first new character (Yukino) for download today as well.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
BojTrek said:
I don't feel like playing a non-translated game... that is why I will not create a UK or JAPAN gamer account... that is just crazy...

I want my USA demo for Hot Shots Golf... NOW!
oh man...... so awesome

Shinblade

Banned
BojTrek: said:
I don't feel like playing a non-translated game...

that is why I will not create a UK account... that is just crazy

You do release that in the UK, we speak English... just like America? In fact, a large part of the Uk is known as England.

Interesting stuff, huh?

Dante

Shinblade said:
You do release that in the UK, we speak English... just like America? In fact, a large part of the Uk is known as England.

Interesting stuff, huh?

You guys really should direct your complaints to Three Speech as you mentioned. Maybe if enough people complain tthings will get done. Seems like the Official US blog gets shit done when it's posted there enough times.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
DMPrince said:
is it bad that I come in here not for the psn content but to check out the banner? :lol

No, not really, Chubigans does do good work. Maybe I will use him for teh eventual Rocketmen thread.

angelfly

Android18a said:
I might get that Um Jammer Lammy from Japan. Is it the same as Parappa?

It's better. I love Parappa but I thought Um Jammer Lammy was a much better game. As for the actual gameplay it's the same type of rhythm based gameplay.

eznark said:
I love that the picture of idiocy has a St. Louis Cardinals shirt on. Always makes me smile.

I was going to say the exact same thing. I assume by your avatar that you are a Brewers fan, so I will say this... it's nice that a Brewers can and a Cubs fan can come together on a topic such as loathsomeness of Cards fans.

I'm still waiting for my surprise Patapon on PSN for PSP announcement! Don't make me buy the UMD!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Capcom announces Bionic Commando Rearmed contest

http://blog.capcom.com/archives/946

Contest: Design a Challenge Room for Bionic Commando Rearmed + Get it in the Game!
February 27th, 2008 Seth Killian

If you were like me as a kid, you wasted a lot of time sketching out new levels for NES games and recreating them with Legos. They called you a fool then, but now its your chance to prove them all wrong and shine! Capcom and the Bionic Commando Rearmed team (the BCR team) are inviting you to design your own challenge level for Bionic Commando Rearmed™.

The challenge rooms are basically timed obstacle courses for you to flex your swinging skills. Hit the jump for details about the building blocks you can use to put your level together and full contest rules!

Here are the details about the building blocks you can use to put your level together:

1. Wall segment, used for walls, “unconnectable”. Encasing the entire challenge in solid walls is mandatory, although holes in the ground work as an obstacle the Player may be required to overcome.
2. Roof and floor segment, used as floor and roof, “unconnectable”
3. Basic platform, the Player can hook onto this one and scale it
4. Retracting platform, folds into the wall after a set period of time so the player gets disconnected if he has hooked onto the platform, or makes the player fall down if he stands on top of it for too long. Parameters to set is if it will be automated or start as the player connects to it, how fast it will move in and out. They can be timed to create sophisticated puzzles.
5. Start/finish line, cross the finish line and you trigger when the challenge starts. Cross the finish line and the challenge is completed. Having a start and a finish line is mandatory.
6. Air vent, makes the player leap 2m into the air and 3m forward as he walks over the airgust.
7. Retracting platform, same as #4, but twice as wide.
8. Block, used to hook onto and “pull yourself towards”, or to hinder the Player from advancing
9. Spike block; if the Player touches this one he instantly dies
10. Moving platform, a platform that moves back and forth between to points in wanted direction; either horizontal, diagonal or vertical. Speed is adjustable.

For reference, there are Challenge Rooms screenshots here, and of course the example video.

Level editor skills? Feh! Have writing utensil, will travel. Be as impressionistic or as specific as you like. Sketch it, MS Paint, or scrawl it on the wall of a cave–we don’t care–just send in an image of your idea to contest@capcom.com

The BCR team will choose a winning entry and bring it to life, using your idea as the inspiration for a finished level. You get your name in the credits, the level goes in the game, and you become internet famous (it’s like regular famous, only with less groupies).

Contest begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”), Wednesday, February 27, 2008 and ends 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST), Wednesday, March 12, 2008.

Full rules start here:

CONTEST RULES

If you were like me you wasted a lot of time as a kid sketching out new levels for NES games and recreating them with Legos. They called you a fool then, but now its your chance to prove them all wrong and shine! Capcom and the Bionic Commando Rearmed team (the BCR team) are inviting you to design your own challenge level for Bionic Commando Rearmed™.

Level editor skills? Feh! Have writing utensil, will travel. Be as impressionistic or as specific as you like. Sketch it, MS Paint, or scrawl it on the wall of a cave-we don’t care-just send in your idea (good luck with that cave wall).

The BCR team will choose a winning entry and bring it to life, using your ideas as the inspiration for a finished level .

Contest begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”), Wednesday, February 27, 2008 and ends 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time (PST), Wednesday, March 12, 2008.

DESCRIPTION OF CONTEST: Submit the image of your designed level for the video game “Bionic Commando Rearmed” in any format (jpg, pdf, psd, etc.). Multiple entries shall be accepted.

HOW TO ENTER/REQUIREMENTS: All submissions should be submitted via email to contest@capcom.com. Please provide your name, address, phone number, and email address.

WINNER SELECTION – Capcom will evaluate all the submissions received on their originality and likelihood of creating a fun challenge statestage. One (1) grand prize winner will be selected on or about March 19, 2008 from all eligible entries received. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these official rules and Capcom’s decisions. Winners will be notified by email. All federal, state and local taxes, insurance, licensing, registration and title fees are the sole responsibility of the winner.

PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV) in U.S. Dollars.

First Place Prize: Winner’s name shall appear in the credits for the Bionic Commando Rearmed video game

No prize transfer or cash substitution allowed except at Capcom’s sole discretion for any reason and only then for prize of equal or greater value.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Multiple entries shall be accepted.

Contest eligibility is open to worldwide participants over the age of 18 at the time of entry who may access the world wide web. You are not eligible if you are:

1. An employee, agent or representative of Capcom Entertainment, Inc., its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies.
2. A member of the respective immediate family (defined as mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and husband or wife) or household of any of the above persons.

This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Capcom reserves the right to request additional information to confirm eligibility.

By entering, you agree that you will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and a Publicity Release (where legal). You also agree that any images you submit become the property of Capcom and the intellectual property rights of such images shall be assigned to Capcom. You waive any and all intellectual property rights including the moral rights to all such submissions. If Capcom does not receive the Affidavit and Release, your submission will be automatically disqualified.

Capcom is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, prizes or releases; or failed, incomplete, interrupted or delayed operation or transmission, or other Internet entry problems; problems with computer equipment, software, on-line systems, servers, online service providers, telephone network/lines or online communications; failure of any entry to be received due to technical problems or Internet traffic. Proof of connecting or logging on to the CAPCOM site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. In case of dispute as to identity of a winner who entered online, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account, and, if a prize is won and such authorized account holder is a valid entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.

RELEASE AND WAIVER - By entering this Contest, you forever release and waive any and all claims that you might have against Capcom and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, licensees, agents and assigns, and the officers, directors, members, shareholders and employees of the foregoing (collectively, “Capcom”) from (A) any and all claims or liability, including but not limited to damages, losses or injuries, (COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHERWISE suffered by the entrant or any third parties in connection with participation in this Contest or acceptance or use, misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded and (B) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. You further indemnify and hold harmless Capcom from and against any and all third-party claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees reasonably incurred) arising out of or related to (i) any breach or alleged breach or violation of these Rules by you, (ii) your acceptance, use or misuse of any prize or parts thereof, and (iii) your participation in this Contest.

Non-compliance with these requirements may result in disqualification, and the prizes may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected at random. In the event that a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected at random. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to Capcom and its representatives to use the winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation. By participating, you agree to the official rules and judges’ decisions. In the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these official rules, participants agree that the dispute shall be resolved by applying the laws of California and that it shall be resolved by and within the courts of the County of Santa Clara, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of, and service of process by, such Courts for the purpose of resolving any disputes, and further consent to the propriety of venue in such Courts.

Capcom reserves the right to terminate further Internet entry in the Contest if technical difficulties, including but not limited to infection caused by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or other technical failures, compromise the integrity or ability to continue such Internet entry. Unless otherwise set forth herein, Capcom’s Privacy Policy shall apply to this Contest; provided, however, in the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between or among the Privacy Policy and these Rules, these Rules shall govern.

WINNERS LIST: For the names of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope ninety day after the end to: Capcom Entertainment, Inc. , ATTN: Contest, 800 Concar Drive, Suite 300, San Mateo, CA 94402.

Sponsored by Capcom Entertainment, Inc. 800 Concar Drive, Suite 300, San Mateo, CA 94402. ENTRIES WILL BECOME THE PROPERTY OF CAPCOM.

THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Its utterly amazing how many PS1 games are up on Japan PSN. Are any of those worth getting that didn't get released in the US or UK? Games that wouldn't need 10 years of Japanese language training to be able to get the jist of?

mr jones said:
Its utterly amazing how many PS1 games are up on Japan PSN. Are any of those worth getting that didn't get released in the US or UK? Games that wouldn't need 10 years of Japanese language training to be able to get the jist of?

A few, obviousley alot of the 2d fighters and SHMUPS don't require much Japanese knowledge and there are quite a few good ones - Last Blade, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Raiden, R-Type Delta, Cotton, Metal Slug, Metal Slug X. Also theres a platformer called Little Ralphs Adventure or somthing, well worth looking at - great game imo.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Bootaaay said:
Theres a battle royale mode that can either be played online with one player, or offline with up to four players, but you can't play the story mode with other players.

Well shit.

Gattsu25

Banned
Slacker said:
It's like Parappa, but 100x harder. And weird as hell. Fun game overall though.
Yeah, I loved it

Parappa is an unlockable character and he plays on remixed versions of most of the stages, so the # of stages is nearly doubled

It's definitely harder than parappa though I think the game is a little less anal on getting the timing EXACT.

"-Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - "Creator Document"

I watched this earlier. There's not much new for anyone that has GT5P, but you get to see that Kaz now has his new GTR.

MadFuzzy

MrNyarlathotep said:
But when will they ANNOUNCE PUZZLE FIGHTER FOR RELEASE IN EUROPE >_<

When it's actually passed through Sony Europe's certification process (it's already failed more than once due to bugs being found in final testing). Read this thread for full details (the latest info is on page 4).

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Gattsu25 said:
By the time we get Super Puzzle Fighter HD, it'll be empty...

Did I translate that, well?

yes, i was on the toilet typing with the ipod touch, sorry i cba (cant be arsed) to type that well with a touch screen.

I3rand0

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.
Add-on Game Content

PAIN: Scurv Dogg Character ($0.99)
Straight from the South Central Seas, Scurv Dogg, the latest addition to the PAIN posse, can spice up your game with some scurvy flair and the horrible manners of a seasoned seadog. Armed with only a bad hat and a bad attitude, this bitter downloadable pirate has the attitude for PAIN - he hates everything - including your skills if you don’t have game. Bring it.
File size: 8.78 MB

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. Nine Inch Nails Track Pack 1 includes all three songs. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

* “March of the Pigs” - Nine Inch Nails ($1.99)
* “The Collector- Nine Inch Nails ($1.99)
* “The Perfect Drug” – Nine Inch Nails ($1.99)
* Nine Inch Nails Track Pack 1 ($5.49)

File sizes: 17.8 MB - 36.1 MB (singles), 74.4 MB (Track Pack).

If you previously purchased any of the following Rock Band tracks, newer versions are now available. Visit the PLAYSTATION Store and re-download them from your Download List free of charge. Online play/leaderboards/ranking are not affected by this. You won’t be punished for not downloading them again, however, as these bug fixes have no effect on gameplay.

Title/Launch Date

* “Can’t Stand Losing You” - Nov. 22
* “Roxanne” - Nov. 22
* “Synchronicity II” - Nov. 22
* “Police Pack 01” - Nov. 22
* “Brass in Pocket” - Dec. 20
* “Limelight” - Jan. 3

GUITAR HERO III: No Doubt Track Pack ($6.25)
“Don’t Speak”, “Excuse Me Mr”, “Sunday Morning” as performed by No Doubt. For all song credits please visit www.redoctane.com
File size: 49 MB
Game Videos

MLB 08 The Show My MLB Music Video
Get an inside first look here at the new soundtrack editor My MLB Music, one of the new features to MLB 08 The Show. Nothing Gets You Closer
File size: 43 MB (HD)

MLB 08 The Show Blog Video (free)
Have a look at the first blog video posted to the PlayStation.Blog for MLB 08 The Show. Nothing Gets You Closer.
File size: 39 MB (HD)

NBA 08 Amare Stoudemire Bio
Go Beyond Access and take a look inside the NBA 08 cover athlete, Amare Stoudemire. Get insights into his drive, his philosophy, his goals and his commitment to the sport of basketball. NBA 08: Nothing Gets You Closer.
File size: 247 MB (HD)

Condemned 2: Bloodshot Trailer 1 (free)
The first official trailer released by SEGA that shows off all of the bone-crushing action and psychological thrills that Condemned 2: Bloodshot has to offer.
File size: 125 MB (HD)

Lost Planet Trailer 2 (free)
This is a trailer showing off the single player campaign of the incredible action shooting game LOST PLANET.
File size: 150 MB (HD)
Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers

Star Trek Teaser Trailer (free)
From director J.J. Abrams and screenwriters Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman comes a new vision of the greatest space adventure of all time, “Star Trek,” featuring a young, new crew venturing boldly where no man has gone before.
File size: 13 MB (SD), 47 MB (HD), 63 MB (1080)
PS3 Themes

PAIN: Scurv Dogg Theme (free)
Customize your PS3 system with a cool PAIN: Scurv Dogg theme. This theme allows you to change up the look of your background and XMB icons.
File size: 1.89 MB
PS3 Wallpaper

(4) Rocketmen: Axis of Evil Wallpapers (free)
Customize the background of your PS3 system with this new Rocketmen: Axis of Evil Wallpaper.
File size: 729-844 KB

Here is this week’s content release for the PLAYSTATION Store for PC. To download these games to your PSP, navigate to http://store.playstation.com. There, you’ll find descriptions of the content and directions on how to get started. For more on the PLAYSTATION Store for PC, please click here.
Game Videos (free)

*Patapon Trailer
*Secret Agent Clank Trailer

Hope you enjoy!

lol

jonabbey

Thank goodness for Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and PAIN.. if not for the DLC for these titles, Sony might have to make and sell new PSN games.

Top Bottom