• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 02/28/08

eznark

Banned
What a great follow up to GDC and the announcements of this week! Woo hoo, keep the train rolling, MLB08 blog video!

tanod

when is my burrito
United States/Canada

DLC:
-Guitar Hero 3 - No Doubt song pack - $6.25
-PAIN - Add On Character - Scurv Dogg - $0.99

Rock Band tracks - $1.99 each or $5.49 for all three:
-Nine Inch Nails – “March of the Pigs” (master)
-Nine Inch Nails – “The Collector” (master)
-Nine Inch Nails – “The Perfect Drug” (master)

Trailers:
-Condemned 2: Bloodshot
-Lost Planet - "Trailer 2"
-MLB08 The Show - "Blog Video 1"
-MLB08 The Show - "My MLB Music Video"
-NBA 08 - "Amare Bio"

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
brandonh83 said:
so when's the last time you visited the NeoGAF gaming forum?

He is referring to the "Sony Week" proceedings, the ones that outside of SOCOM and HOME completely ignored the dire PSN Situation.

UntoldDreams said:
My 4 gig memory stick which is presently full says that UMD still has a place on my shelf.

My 4 gig memory stick (re-writable!) that has 5 or 6 games on it and still has about 1.5gb of free space, and my PS3 that has 50+gb of free space for storing downloaded PSP content would both disagree with you... if they had the capacity to disagree. Since they can't, I guess I'll just do it for them.

Slacker

kaching said:
Absolutely no excuse for not having at least one full PSN game a week at this point. None.
I don't get this mindset at all. Do you really want some shat out Gameloft-type Xtreme Backgammon every week? I'll take quanity over quality.

Riskbreaker23 said:
god i hate rock band and gh so much right now.

do they really need update for it everyweek?
Amen brother. I'm pissed because a new Newsweek arrives at Barnes and Noble every week. I don't buy it, nor do I actually see it, but it still pisses me right off. Do they really need that so often? And don't get me started on iTunes getting new stuff every Tuesday.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Slacker said:
I don't get this mindset at all. Do you really want some shat out Gameloft-type Xtreme Backgammon every week? I'll take quanity over quality
Well, I'm in favor of a PS1 release every week. How hard is that, really?

Maybe they are withholding stuff until home is released or the store is redesigned for a big content blowout, thats the only thing i can think of. I say this because content EXISTS, they just aren't bringing it over.

I want dark mist :-(

nofi

Kagari said:
lul @ the meltdowns on the PS Blog.

Instead of the 'HELLO EVERYONE' crap, they should start with 'Look, we're sorry, but we've got nothing this week, and the next big PSN game will be mid-March, and in the mean time here's loads of PS1 games'.

Slacker said:
I don't get this mindset at all. Do you really want some shat out Gameloft-type Xtreme Backgammon every week? I'll take quanity over quality.

Amen brother. I'm pissed because a new Newsweek arrives at Barnes and Noble every week. I don't buy it, nor do I actually see it, but it still pisses me right off. Do they really need that so often? And don't get me started on iTunes getting new stuff every Tuesday.

You're the smartest guy in the thread. Well, this page anyhow.

kaching said:
Absolutely no excuse for not having at least one full PSN game a week at this point. None.

XBLA took a pretty long time for development to catch up with the platform in terms of one release per week. I don't hold it against PSN... yet.

I would like to see one PSone game per week though, there is no excuse for not having that. Even if they do have to pepper in some crap every once in awhile like Nintendo does on VC.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
nofi said:
Instead of the 'HELLO EVERYONE' crap, they should start with 'Look, we're sorry, but we've got nothing this week, and the next big PSN game will be mid-March, and in the mean time here's loads of PS1 games'.

Indeed.

But some people on there act like their life depends on these weekly updates. It's hilarious.

nofi

Kagari said:
Indeed.

But some people on there act like their life depends on these weekly updates. It's hilarious.

If we hadn't had stuff like Devil May Cry 4, Burnout Revenge and plenty of other decent PSN stuff recently I'd agree with them in part, but these people need to get out more, or at least stick to the stuff they already bought.

kaching said:
I actually don't expect a single new PSN game for a while (unless it's PS1), since the ESRB (like I said) doesn't list a single new one, outside of 4 PS1 games which haven't gone up.

I'll put it this way for PS Store updates. Having them most of last year was big since there wasn't much to play on PS3 (I mostly played downloads). Now I have plenty of disc games to play and don't really look forward to PS Store updates like I use to.
Kagari said:
Indeed.

Yeah, it's pretty funny.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
dallow_bg said:
Copy comments please!

Here's a good one:

nate789 | February 28th, 2008 at 12:18 pm

WHAT THE [DELETED] KIND OF PIECE OF [DELETED] UPDATE IS THIS?? I DONT HAVE ROCKBAND AND UNLESS YOUR A SUPER NERD WHO WANTS TO WATCH VIDEOS?? THERE BEST BE A PS3 UPDATE TODAY!! >=(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
nofi said:
If we hadn't had stuff like Devil May Cry 4, Burnout Revenge and plenty of other decent PSN stuff recently I'd agree with them in part, but these people need to get out more, or at least stick to the stuff they already bought.

Yep. Ah well, we got enough good news this week so I don't really care either way. I'm broke anyway so I couldn't buy any new games if they were added anyway :X

Slacker said:

I'll take both, thanks! Sony's a big company, I'm sure they can pull it off. But seriously, you don't think we deserve at least one PSone game a week? That a mega-corp like Sony can't deliver it? I think everybody who's bitching has a legitimate reason to do so.

Also, I want to take this opportunity to point out that the 1-day-a-week update policy only exacerbates the problem in people's minds. When content comes out whenever, people don't get nearly as hopeful (or as pissed).

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Slacker said:
When did asking for a whopping 1 game delivered consistently every week (50 games a year) turn into a question of quantity over quality?

nofi

kaching said:
When did asking for a whopping 1 game delivered consistently every week (50 games a year) turn into a question of quantity over quality?

Because if a team like PixelJunk turns out 3 games a year (and that's fast) then there'd need to be 18 teams all working that fast just to keep up with the weekly one game, and PSN isn't there yet.

It's hardly rocket science.

Top Bottom