• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP2 (Next Generation Portable) Announced, 2011, BC [Up3: Info In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barakov

I never had problems with the PSP being uncomfortable but I'll have to hold one of these in my hand to see how it is. I'm so glad two analog sticks are on there. So glad.

The price on this thing is going to be through the roof.

LevityNYC

Banned
Thoraxes said:
show details!

Now begins the wait for the main questions: Battery Life, Price, and (for me at least) Pocketability.

Good luck getting that thing in your pocket. You'll need a safe to carry that thing around in.

Alex

I don't like the touch screen stuff, but the rest sounds pretty golden, hopefully the software backing is in the same ballpark as the original PSP, that thing has been my favorite non-PC platform for years.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Tech is nice. I like some of the features. But the design is fucking awful. Price point will be the deciding factor

Why are the buttons so small LOL

-x.Red.x-

Strider2K99 said:
lCic5.jpg

should have been first post

:jakncoke

Zzoram

With all that tech, why didn't they throw in a phone too? They've got the 3G anyways, and it would save people the trouble of carrying around another device and paying for 2 data plans.

LevityNYC

Banned
Alright! Location based services for all of us Americans who take trains to work / school every day and carry >$500 dedicated video game handhelds..... oh wait....

Wow, take MY money. I actually am enjoying the design. Sure it's nothing spectacular, but it looks enough like the PSP which I thought worked out. Dual analogs though, holy shit!!!

StuBurns

Banned
I think it looks awesome. I'd rather the sticks be above the dpad/facebuttons, but otherwise, it's pretty much exactly what I'd hoped for.

KaYotiX

Banned
looks cool, its what the PSP SHOULD of been (minus touch screen of course) price will make or break it, as will software. Companies see how games dont sell on the PSP so why should they develop for this? Especially when the 3DS will sell a shit ton.

Time will tell.

Smokey

I'm calling $350. No way this is $300 with the 3DS being $250.

I wouldn't be surprised if it launched at $399 either.

Cmagus

looks nice although they really should be showing this in a high def stream kind of has less impact right now considering the only stream and images aren't great.Needs a price and a good trailer which I am sure is coming after the conference

Jea Song

Did the right thing
This thing has to be at least $500. Think about it, how much does a retail iphone 4 go for? NGP is much more impressive tech wise.

Mdk7

Fuck it doesn't look that confortable to hold, yet those features are giving me a huge hard on.
The real drawback's gonna be the price... this thing will be like 599$.

Lothars

KaYotiX said:
looks cool, its what the PSP SHOULD of been (minus touch screen of course) price will make or break it, as will software. Companies see how games dont sell on the PSP so why should they develop for this? Especially when the 3DS will sell a shit ton.

Time will tell.

I am not conviced that the 3DS will sell a shit ton, it will sell out at launch but I don't think it will be able to keep selling out especially from everything I've seen of it.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
2 ANALOG STICKS
UNCHARTED
HI RES SCREEN
BRUSHED PLASTIC
NO UMD

FUUUUUUUU I WILL PAY WHATEVER YOU WANT FOR THIS THING SONY

Zzoram

If it's anything under $399 they're selling it at a loss.

They should offer a phone model for $50 more or something. It seems like it has everything a smartphone does except the phone. I would replace my smartphone with this if it had decent battery life and was a phone.

LevityNYC

Banned
Smokey said:
I'm calling $350. No way this is $300 with the 3DS being $250.

I wouldn't be surprised if it launched at $399 either.

In all seriousness, based on the screen and the rear touch panel, its gonna be at least $499, possibly more.

I'm very curious to hear about PSP backwards compatibility.

Releasing a year from now should help the costs, yes? Still not seeing it priced anywhere close to sane.

Cmagus

If they come in cheap they have a great chance of stealing nintendo's thunder and being a strong competitor against iphone especially if its easily accessible to developers big and small.

TheChaos said:
If it can play PS2 games on the go (like PSP and PS1 games), will buy regardless of price.

This would be a huge deciding factor for me, but because I hardly use the PSP I own, I have to take the price into consideration. That, and any PSP2 games that I would want.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Zzoram said:
If it's anything under $399 they're selling it at a loss.

They should offer a phone model for $50 more or something. It seems like it has everything a smartphone does except the phone. I would replace my smartphone with this if it had decent battery life and was a phone.

Its like an iPod Touch except more powerful, with real analog sticks, and buttons.

NO MORE CLAW! (while playing monster hunter)

Zzoram

Cmagus said:
If they come in cheap they have a great chance of stealing nintendo's thunder and being a strong competitor against iphone especially if its easily accessible to developers big and small.

HAHAHA.

The tech in this thing sounds twice as expensive as what's in the 3DS. The PSP2 will be $399 at the cheapest.

scitek

Switch the left analog and D-pad around. The space from the edges to hold the thing while playing with the analogs will be uncomfortable just like the PSP too, I bet.

Jaagen

Is it just me, or is the console just ugly. Like the 3DS, the design is very unappealing in comparison to how it looked last gen. To me, the PSP and DSi looks a lot better.

(still want this and the 3DS, though)

EDIT: And the UI is just ugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom