• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR sold out within 5 minutes (UK and German amazon store)

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Just ran to my local gamestop (germany) because of this thread. They said im the first to preorder that thing 😓

Zafir

Managed to get an order in just before 11.

Probably will keep it, unless the impressions look really bad.

£330(Student discount and I already have the camera) is a lot easier to stomach than £530.

You really believe that Sony can make close to 40 million PSVR kits in under six months?

I believe they have already made millions, so they would not need to make 40 million. In any event, I imagine the attach rate to be much more like 30% maximum, even lower for this early. So no reason to run out. Still, keep em wanting more. It worked with MS and the Elite controller.

ISee

Åesop;198454447 said:
Just ran to my local gamestop (germany) because of this thread. They said im the first to preorder that thing 😓

Probably because you're the last person in germany using gamestop.

j/k

Impressive, but keen to see actual pre-order numbers. I held off preordering today because there's nothing I desperately want at launch, but hopefully by E3 that something will be announced and I can easily preorder for launch window if I want to.

DieH@rd

Banned
I just think it's too soon. It's pricey for a peripheral and the content, to me, is not interesting aside from a very few games.

Like, 5 years too early.

What if Nordic announces Darksiders VR game for early 2017?

WHAT THEN!? :D

Preordered one via saturn. Might be better that way as I don't have to wait for the DHL driver. I just hope people won't be starting to riot like they did when the PS4 launched. ;)

Wait what

amazon.co.uk still takes pre-orders.

Fake edit:
Alright, looks like they cannot guarantee delivery for orders made after 1145 GMT.

Coming up on 10 am EST.... come on Amazon...come on Amazon....

tumblr_inline_nqkf0oEZGz1svk9zc_500.gif

GOOCHY

I went into Gamestop late last week and both of the guys looked at me like I had a horn growing out of my forehead when I asked if there was a SKU/pre-order available for PSVR.

Spades

As if a well priced accessory for a hot new feature for the most popular console WW atm would not sell out fast anyway (first production runs always being limited to test the market).

People acting like the more expensive Oculus pre-orders didn't also sell out within minutes.

This has nothing to do with Sony "hitting the sweet spot" with the price.

1) It's new technology that people clearly want. We knew that with Oculus pre-orders.
2) Pre-orders don't really mean shit as the majority of people aren't paying a penny yet.

artsi

Media Markt Germany really thinks people are stupid ... lol

d79pwebjopj1p9qch.jpg

That crap is infuriating. I've seen it a lot with furniture over here.

"Here's a couch that's normally 1999€, now just 499€!"

It's actually worth 100€ and the "offer" is valid all the time.

pooptest

Åesop;198454771 said:
The guy showed me their internal mail, it said release is 18th October. Is that correct? I thought its 1st October

Your buddy's email is probably a little more accurate considering the 18th is a Tuesday and the 1st is a Saturday. I don't know why they'd launch it on a Saturday..

Zafir

Media Markt Germany really thinks people are stupid ... lol

d79pwebjopj1p9qch.jpg

Surely that ain't legal?

Pretty sure in the UK you actually have had to be selling the product at the price for you to be able to do that.
I don't know tbh... I think it's more of a "no plaintiff, no judge" situation.
But it's really disgusting to make a fool of people in that way.
Annoying. :/

10 am come and gone... let's keep our fingers crossed in the US for 11 am!

I just spoke to my local Gamestop in Florida... Gamestop US does not yet have a SKU for PSVR in its system.. :/

people said the same thing about ps4... next day 1000 000 sold in us

Well, we are obviously unaware how many sets amazon and Co. had in place for Day 1.

But thing is, this set being sold-out so fast is certainly an indicator for success. Just imagine what we would be talking about - right now - if you could still pre-order PSVR everywhere for Day 1...

Raysod

Banned
There is no point to celebrate that PS VR sold out in minutes, when no one knows how many units will be available on launch.

If the whole production capability of Sony is a few hundred thousand units and every outlet in the launch countries got 50-100 units. It is obvious that as a product PS VR will be currently sold out everywhere.

By Christmas 2016 the PS4 user base will be near 50 million and then we maybe get a better idea how popular PS VR is as a console peripheral.

Think that if 5% of PS4 owners want to buy the product, it means that 2.5 million units must be produced in the next 5-6 months. Basically 450.000 units per month up or down, until PS VR launch.

And in the back of my mind I think that Sony maybe will present a PS4 slim on E3, it’s almost 3 years since the console launched, which means that they will need factory time for that product as well.

Give it some time, its new amd exciting, scalpers wanna make a lrofit while they can, and fans are just very excited. It will be like ps4 at launch! Hard to find for a month or two, now widely availible

Top Bottom