• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR sold out within 5 minutes (UK and German amazon store)

Just called Amazon customer service in the US... the rep had NO info on PSVR and couldn't even find the SKU on her end because it hasn't moved out of placeholder status in their system yet....

tensuke

I'm just gonna F5 every hour, on the hour from now until it gets released. That gives me plenty of 45 minute nap windows throughout the day. That's not crazy, right?

Lagamorph

Do you have to pay the full amount up front with Game ?
Nah. The pre-order e-mail says they'll contact me two weeks before launch to advise exactly when payment is taken, it's usually a day or two before shipping.

Game are still advertising pre-order for launch as well.

I just called Amazon because I wanted to know:

Amazon Germany had by far the largest allotment of Europe (taking into account that the German division is responsible for Germany, Austria and Switzerland), and they actually sold out in 25 seconds. Amazon was surprised by the crazy demand in the German speaking market. Especially Austrian customers bought a lot. (Of course they didn't tell me any numbers).

The thirst is real.

Wow. Lucky me.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
What's the best way to be notified IMMEDIATELY when they go on sale in the US?

I heard you guys won't get one because too many of your expected it to be $299 or lower. Basically you don't deserve it.

Denur

Wasn't planning to pre-order, but to buy one in a store on day one. This thread made me reconsider and pre-order one right away at GameMania.nl.

Akronis

Have fun my Sony peeps. We'll either be all on the cutting edge and get to be the first to experience or we will get to all be bonded together as suckers who wasted their money on a dumb niche peripheral :p

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE SO UNSUPPORTED NOVINT FALCON ;____;

1 pm... Please let Amazon open pre-orders at 1 pm...

0rT4Ds.gif

I don't get it... getting ridiculous! Been trying since 7 am!

papo

Man if Sony is artificially creating buzz because they sold out from a limited stock I am gonna get mad. Their $399 was an underhanded announcement IMO so I hope they don't do the same with pre-orders just so that they can boast they sold out.

hawk2025

Man if Sony is artificially creating buzz because they sold out from a limited stock I am gonna get mad. Their $399 was an underhanded announcement IMO so I hope they don't do the same with pre-orders just so that they can boast they sold out.

...underhanded?

Done in a dishonest way. Their $399 announcement was dishonest.

It's $399. Some people already own cameras. That's how much they will pay for the VR. If you don't have a camera you can buy it separately or with a bundle, which hasn't been formally announced or priced yet. The VR itself is $399. How this is dishonest is beyond me.

eFKac

Did they boast about it? Said anything about the preorder numbers?

papo

How so? That's what it costs.

But it NEEDS the camera. That is not optional. It is dishonest because they just wanted to boast the $399 price when it is actually closer to $460 which I understand is not an attractive price.

I know bundles may be coming so there is time and this can change I still feel the way Sony has done PR for their PSVR shows me that they care about price above anything else from the set. SO I hope that these no pre-orders yet, stay tuned, sold out in 5 minutes stuff we are seeing is legit and not some attempt from Sony to get more buzz.

Did they boast about it? Said anything about the preorder numbers?

I said I hope they don't do that. I hope they are not boasting about selling out on preorders because of limited stock.

QaaQer

But it NEEDS the camera. That is not optional. It is dishonest because they just wanted to boast the $399 price when it is actually closer to $460 which I understand is not an attractive price.

I know bundles may be coming so there is time and this can change I still feel the way Sony has done PR for their PSVR shows me that they care about price above anything else from the set. SO I hope that these no pre-orders yet, stay tuned, sold out in 5 minutes stuff we are seeing is legit and not some attempt from Sony to get more buzz.

Just out of curiosity, should they include the cost of the ps4 as well?

xrnzaaas

That doesn't say much considering we don't know how many devices they were being offered to get from Sony for launch day. It may not be that much if they don't want to anger people for cancelling pre-orders last minute. I don't mean to sound like a sceptic here, but there's no real news here besides building hype.

Hasney

That doesn't say much considering we don't know how many devices they were being offered to get from Sony for launch day. It may not be that much if they don't want to anger people for cancelling pre-orders last minute. I don't mean to sound like a sceptic here, but there's no real news here besides building hype.

It's news for those that wanted to pre-order for launch day and didn't get them in time. There's still a chance they will get them on time, but it's not longer guaranteed.

munster

Neo Member
I got mine ordered on Amazon UK at 1100h. Confirmed delivery for 3rd October 2016.

I ain't scalping either. I got a pre-ordered HTC Vive too.

Hasney

I got mine ordered on Amazon UK at 1100h. Confirmed delivery for 3rd October 2016.

I ain't scalping either. I got a pre-ordered HTC Vive too.

It's not confirmed, that's a placeholder date. That early, you'll get it release date though, whatever the release date is.

papo

Just out of curiosity, should they include the cost of the ps4 as well?

Come on dude don't be dense abou it. PSVR needs camera, no way around it. Yet their initial announcement failed to mention it just so it could be $399. COuld it have been $399 with the camera included? Sure, but why would they do that if they can charge extra.

Come on dude don't be dense abou it. PSVR needs camera, no way around it. Yet their initial announcement failed to mention it just so it could be $399. COuld it have been $399 with the camera included? Sure, but why would they do that if they can charge extra.

Some people already have cameras.

Hasney

I honestly have no idea where the line is. Why shouldn't you call for the cost of PS4 to be included since it is also required? Is it just because you have one and not the other? I have both, so it shouldn't be included for me because I don't need two.

PS4
Not included. o_O

Time
To
RAGE!!!!

I have a camera plus 2 move controls so the price of VR is $399 for me (well $550 CAD). I would hate if they priced it at $499 and included the move controllers plus the camera because why would I want an extra camera and controllers?

In your case it is more than $399, but for all the people that already own a camera, why should they have to pay an extra cost?

If you think that Sony should list the most expensive price, that's just not how it works. Similar to when the PS3 launched, they listed the price of the 20gb model, even though the 60gb model was $100 more.

Dunno about anywhere else, but anyone in the UK who doesnt think they wont be able to pick up PSVR camera and move controller for £360 ish this hoilday is fooling themselves.

Hell, if its not a runaway success, you may get all 3 for £300.

Just wait a couple weeks.

Top Bottom