• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX 2017 Tickets are up for sale

//ARCANUM

I missed last years but attended PSX 2015. We believe we lined up about 4 hours before the show began and got really great seats, maybe four or five rows back from the stage. Was that still the case at last year's show? Guessing it'll get harder and harder as the show gains popularity.

I'm not sure exactly when everyone showed up the night before, but I do know that camping occurred. I got there *early* and there were thousands of people already there (they had let people into the theater way earlier).

Hate to bring this up, but are we still expecting DMC5? Or is it DEAD?
GFDRYfj.png

GFDS1WK.png

You are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Just jumped back into Playstation gaming this year after being Xbox only this gen. Loving my Pro and the lineup they’ve already announced. Can’t wait to see what’s accnounce at PSX this year.

_Isaac

Can't wait!
Last year was pretty fun, and it was cool meeting some gaffers too. I am glad it's back in my town again. I do hope they rethink the way they handle the PS merch store though. That was a disaster last year.

Mikey Jr.

The game awards usually line up with PSX, right?
Should be a really fun weekend.

Really wish I lived anywhere remotely close to there.
But alas, I live in Canada thousand miles away.

Edit: also, sucker punch better be there, or I'm gonna be pisssssssssssed.

krae_man

Got my ticket!

Always enjoy hanging out with fellow GAF at PSX. It's practically become a tradition to attend.

We can just reuse most of the OC OT!

Can't wait!
Last year was pretty fun, and it was cool meeting some gaffers too. I am glad it's back in my town again. I do hope they rethink the way they handle the PS merch store though. That was a disaster last year.

Man I hope they have their act together this year. Announcing in June and putting tickets on sale in Aug are signs that they are finally learning from past mistakes.

A 2+ hour line to buy merch is ridiculous. They cost themselves thens of thousands of dollars with that nonsense.

Raw64life

Can't wait for Dragon Quest XI to not be at this event at all because S-E likes to wait until three days after this event to tweet out details about the western versions of DQ games to their 15K Twitter followers.

Neonep

Hopefully this year it's more organized and they get more room. Last year's felt little compared to the year before that.

Shin

Banned
Hopefully this year it's more organized and they get more room. Last year's felt little compared to the year before that.

What do you mean, it was that packed and there wasn't enough space for everyone?
Because IIRC there were a handful of empty seats (looking at the stream).

krae_man

Can't wait for Dragon Quest XI to not be at this event at all because S-E likes to wait until three days after this event to tweet out details about the western versions of DQ games to their 15K Twitter followers.

If Square got up on stage at PSX and announced that DQ11 was Switch exclusive in North America. Would they get cheers or boos?

What do you mean, it was that packed and there wasn't enough space for everyone?

Keynote completely filled up. There was enough room for all other panels though.

I thought it was fine space wise and line wise. There were a couple of developers that really, really screwed up the demo length->kiosk->demand ratio(RE7's 4 booths and 30 minute demo come to mind), but overall it was way better then say PAX.

The security screening got bottled up in the beginning both days. I was early enough in line to not be be impacted by it, but that is for sure something they need to improve.

AmuroChan

Really curious what content they're going to show at PSX since they're doing PGW this year. I really hope they don't spread themselves too thin. We pretty much know what 1st party is working on except for SP. What new exclusives do they still have left in the bag to reveal? I don't want just all 3rd party stuff and Indies.

Got my ticket. Will definitely be better prepared lining up overnight for this year's PSX.
Also hoping for a Monster Hunter world demo.

Kudo

Bloodborne 2 Reveal Trailer please... Save me from anguish.
Hyped for the show, will be good times.

DeaDPo0L84

Me, my wife, and a few friends all registered and ready to go! This is our big christmas trip this year, super excited.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Can't wait for Sucker Punch's new game reveals, been too long already....

Neonep

At Moscone West in 2015 they had all three floors. 1st & 2nd were show floors and the 3rd was a dedicated to where the keynote and all the panels were held. Last year they had one floor for everything. Basically they could have used more space to get more people in for the keynote. Last year it felt like more people with less space compared to the previous year.

RSchmitz

After last year, I can honestly see Sucker Punch announcing their new game at PSX.

Indeed. Before last year I didn't think a major AAA game from first party would ever be announced at PSX. E3 seemed more fitting.

Still, I wonder if we will get anything in the same vein of Parappa, Patapon and Locoroco remasters. Those were cool.

Neonep

I'm not sure exactly when everyone showed up the night before, but I do know that camping occurred. I got there *early* and there were thousands of people already there (they had let people into the theater way earlier).

The "theater" was smaller last year than the previous year. Definitely more people last year.

Shin

Banned
The "theater" was smaller last year than the previous year. Definitely more people last year.

Makes sense, PSX seems to be growing and the de-facto conference for PlayStation as well as for fans.
With that in mind it's also not far fetched to think that some games are withheld in order to make their debut there.
Especially games that have strong ties to PlayStation, they are also market leader so everyone wants to be at their conference.

Neonep

Makes sense, PSX seems to be growing and the de-facto conference for PlayStation as well as for fans.
With that in mind it's also not far fetched to think that some games are withheld in order to make their debut there.
Especially games that have strong ties to PlayStation, they are also market leader so everyone wants to be at their conference.

Hence why it needs to be better organized, last year's felt sloppy. It will probably be more organized this year though. Last year they didn't announce the date or venue till October. This year they announced the dates in June and tickets went on sale in August.

Shin

Banned
Hence why it needs to be better organized, last year's felt sloppy. It will probably be more organized this year though. Last year they didn't announce the date or venue till October. This year they announced the dates in June and tickets went on sale in August.

Fingers crossed for those attending, I'm from EU so i'll watch it on stream (hopefully 4K like E3).
I'm hoping to see 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (more/announce date), need my Vanillaware fix it's long overdue!

Top Bottom