• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX 2017 Tickets are up for sale

DMVfan123

Banned
I wonder how GAF will react if Sucker Punch's new game isn't shown. Yoshida's played it so I expect it there but it's still interesting to think about

FelipeMGM

Of course.

And if you're nice to Xenorevlis, he might make GAF lanyards again:

6Qy0PGzl.jpg

damn, he even made one for Adam Boyes, thats awesome

Neonep

One thing Sony needs to do is limit the tickets sold if they can. I understand that they need to make as much as possible but if they are only getting like half a floor again then we have issues.

Got my tickets and booked my hotel.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R..._Hotel_Anaheim_Resort-Anaheim_California.html

Clarion is super close to the convention center and has rooms for $79 a night, the closest you can get unless you want to pay $150-$300 a night for the Hilton or the or the Marriot. Stayed in the Hilton last year and it's great because the entrance to where you line up for the key note is between the two hotels. Clarion is a little further down the walkway.

krae_man

Got my tickets and booked my hotel.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R..._Hotel_Anaheim_Resort-Anaheim_California.html

Clarion is super close to the convention center and has rooms for $79 a night, the closest you can get unless you want to pay $150-$300 a night for the Hilton or the or the Marriot. Stayed in the Hilton last year and it's great because the entrance to where you line up for the key note is between the two hotels. Clarion is a little further down the walkway.

I stayed there last year it was fine. Nothing special, but works if you just need a decent bed.

Only bad thing was their Simpsons Arcade cabinet was in terrible condition. All dinged up and terrible screen burn in.

I stayed there last year it was fine. Nothing special, but works if you just need a decent bed.

Only bad thing was their Simpsons Arcade cabinet was in terrible condition. All dinged up and terrible screen burn in.

Yeah, I only plan on staying there to sleep. I stayed at the Hilton last year which was great because I could easily go to my room to use the bathroom when I waited in line for the keynote sometime around 2AM. However, the Hilton is sitting at $150 a night and over $550 for 3 nights and I can't justify the price difference as the Clarion only cost $325.

Neonep

Just looked at the anaheim convention center's schedule that weekend, yeah it's probably going to be just as packed if not more packed than last year. I wish they would do Moscone West again.

ArjanN

last years PSX had a solid amount of stuff, but it's a bit early to get hyped for this when there's like 4 other events before it.

Jhoan

This might be the last vacation of the year I need to bite the bullet. I've never been to California and want an excuse to go out there. How is Anaheim in terms of cool stuff to see and food scene? I don't have my license so a rental car would out of the question unless I get it ASAP.

I wonder how GAF will react if Sucker Punch's new game isn't shown. Yoshida's played it so I expect it there but it's still interesting to think about

I mean it's just one game of the many already announced. I'm sure it will definitely be at E3 2018 (if it misses PSX) since a few of Sony's first party games are going to be released by then.

pailmonkey

Neo Member
I'm looking at hotels now. Does anyone know where we're we're all the parties at afterthe convention. Debating betweeen marriot or Hilton.

Hotel booked, got tickets to attend the VGAs as well since it's the same week as PSX, and will book flight once my wife returns from her business trip.

Can't wait to see everyone again! I hope some of you can make the VGAs as well!

This might be the last vacation of the year I need to bite the bullet. I've never been to California and want an excuse to go out there. How is Anaheim in terms of cool stuff to see and food scene? I don't have my license so a rental car would out of the question unless I get it ASAP.
I went last year and had a blast

There's a decent amount of food nearby (though you won't have much time if you're at the show). There's Disneyland right across the street. There's an amazing italian ice place (Joe's?). There are a lot of awesome food trucks outside of the convention center during the show

Fly into John Wayne and Uber around, if you're planning on just staying in the area you'll spend less than 50 bucks on cab fare

I'm planning on going again this year but we'll see where we're at when it gets a bit closer

from a culinary perspective there are lots of options around the disneyland area.

also downtown fullerton has many options to get your grub on.

the oc in general has tons of stuff to see and do

That's my prediction for this year's 'showcase' game that gets a panel.

The fall back would be God of War but that's way less exciting and much more safe.

PlayStation events are always the most fun. I feel like they tend to deliver bigger announcements than MS or Nintendo. I don't care if it's a long time away, looking forward to the surprise announcements.

Just bought my ticket. Decided on going since I only live about an hour away from Anaheim. First time going to any sort of convention so I'm excited!

Jhoan

from a culinary perspective there are lots of options around the disneyland area.

also downtown fullerton has many options to get your grub on.

the oc in general has tons of stuff to see and do

Good to know! Thanks for the response. On a conservative budget, I'd be looking at $500 for the trip factoring in travel costs and hostel fees. I have some thinking to do. Funny enough, Dave Lang talked about his Disneyland trip there on his podcast this week because he was in California for business.

Just got an email they are doing 20$ add on tickets for the VGAs now.

Wish they did this the day they put the other tickets up for sale, since I already bought 2 VGA tickets :(

Edzi

So it seems like they're going back to the format from two years ago and having Capcom Cup on Sunday, but they haven't specified the times anywhere. Since it could potentially end late at night, I don't know if I should bother buying a plane ticket or if I should just drive down for the flexibility.

I wish they'd hurry up and release a complete schedule so people can plan ahead for this kind of thing.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Looks like early birds are sold out:

W87daxd.jpg

I wonder how many were available.

Bleh. Was looking for an excuse to go to California again before the end of the year and was going to couple this into the trip. For some reason, not being able to get the early bird tickets turns me off from attending.

krae_man

Bleh. Was looking for an excuse to go to California again before the end of the year and was going to couple this into the trip. For some reason, not being able to get the early bird tickets turns me off from attending.

PSX is a ton of fun. Don't let this discourage you. It's only a $10 difference. Don't let missing the Friday thing whatever it ends up being be a deal breaker.

Top Bottom