• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

So much loot from PlayStation Experience that I will probably trash later on.
Yeah, I've been to so many conventions now I know better than to take only the swag I truly will use/display. It's so easy to come home with tons of paper-based swag and useless trinkets. Sure, they are cool and all, but the novelty wears out.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
If anyone else is having trouble getting rewards from the app you should have got, speak up.

Say so here.

I had a few that unfortunately never showed up...

- "PlayStation Experience Exclusive The Tomorrow Children PS4 Theme" I played this at the show, scanned my badge, and even got a few trinkets from a dev. Sadly, never showed up as scanned in the app.

- "Guacamelee!: Super Turbo Championship Edition for PlayStation®4" I definitely scanned my badge at their booth. Didn't do anything beyond that with them, but again - it never registered in the app.

Also, the "Visit the PlayStation Network booth" for the Gold and Platinum trophy cards never registered either, although there's not much that can be done about that now I suppose. It's especially ironic, considering that it did recognize my scan and give me the $10 PSN voucher.

Another game I had fun with was Horizon Chase, which was very reminiscent of Outrun. Coupled with the very instinctive controls and old-school graphics, I was rather charmed by it.

Will probably pick up once it releases as I liked the arcade-y nature of the game as well as the retro charm.

Kanashimi

Ah, if you went to the Help Desk on Sunday they would have fixed it for you.

I would send a tweet or something to @AskPlaystation to see if they can hook you up with who to contact.

Didn't see this till now, thanks!

At the show I was so busy I didn't even think to go to the help desk and then in my hotel room after six I went, d'oh.

Triz

Guerilla was able to get me a code for the rigs theme that didn't register at the show check in. I contacted them through twitter.

newjeruse

Sony just posted a Thank You video on YT for fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_y1v4YJaGM&feature=youtu.be

Nice video. I thought this was an interesting shot during the signing wall section of the montage:

hideokojima.jpg

Another game I had fun with was Horizon Chase, which was very reminiscent of Outrun. Coupled with the very instinctive controls and old-school graphics, I was rather charmed by it.

Will probably pick up once it releases as I liked the arcade-y nature of the game as well as the retro charm.

I liked that one too. Will pick that up on release.

Guerilla was able to get me a code for the rigs theme that didn't register at the show check in. I contacted them through twitter.
How is that theme? I haven't redeemed my code yet.

The Bound theme wasn't as spectacular as I thought it would be. It's good enough, and the background is nice, but none of the icons are different. That always puts a theme in a higher category for me.

How is that theme? I haven't redeemed my code yet.

The Bound theme wasn't as spectacular as I thought it would be. It's good enough, and the background is nice, but none of the icons are different. That always puts a theme in a higher category for me.

It's dynamic in the sense that the static backgrounds change. That's about it. Was a bit bummed there wasn't more to the RIGS theme.

Apologies for the random bump - anyone who attended PSX15 (and those of you who were at the GAF meetup) are there any photos or videos you'd like to feature in the PSX video I'm working on? Took me a while to get to it, but it's roughly assembled and I'm looking for some appropriate music.

Wanted to make sure those of you who'd like to share pictures (and video) have a chance to send them my way. I'll credit you in the description and even in video, be it your personal twitter / youtube / etc. or just GAF name. The video will appear on the Infinite Medium youtube channel and cover our adventure, as well as the NeoGAF meetup, badges, and Nicko's GAF Grub Bags :D

Apologies for the random bump - anyone who attended PSX15 (and those of you who were at the GAF meetup) are there any photos or videos you'd like to feature in the PSX video I'm working on? Took me a while to get to it, but it's roughly assembled and I'm looking for some appropriate music.

Wanted to make sure those of you who'd like to share pictures (and video) have a chance to send them my way. I'll credit you in the description and even in video, be it your personal twitter / youtube / etc. or just GAF name. The video will appear on the Infinite Medium youtube channel and cover our adventure, as well as the NeoGAF meetup, badges, and Nicko's GAF Grub Bags :D

DFDuC9A.jpg

Here is my Imgur Album from the weekend. There's mostly "touristy" stuff in there, but feel free to use any of the pictures we took in your video. I can't wait to see the finished product!

http://imgur.com/a/5K1LS

tr00per

Xenorevlis, where did you find Cerny? I
got meet everyone but him.

And please tell me there's an awkward story about a tub joke he didn't get

It was actually Aradikus who met him. I sadly did not, though I really want to meet him and Dr. Richard Marks to talk tech, design ideology, etc. I'm the one with the LBP shirt :)

mcw

Bumping an old thread rather than create a new thread, as I've got a question:

Has anyone heard whether or not there will be a PSX this year? Last year, tickets went on sale in August, but so far I've heard nothing.

Eggbok

Bumping an old thread rather than create a new thread, as I've got a question:

Has anyone heard whether or not there will be a PSX this year? Last year, tickets went on sale in August, but so far I've heard nothing.

As far as I recall it was said to be an annual event which means there is going to be one every year until they say otherwise.

krae_man

Well for one thing, Moscone centre is booked the first weekend of December:

http://www.moscone.com/site/do/event/list?nav.type=0&nav.base=1609&nav.filter=1611

Second weekend doesn't look possible either unless they could somehow load out PSX and load in the next event overnight(unlikely).

The other thing that happened is Adam Boyes left. This was his baby, and now he's not there anymore and when someone new comes in, they don't want to take over an old baby, they want to make their own baby.

Third, honestly the first two were very disorganized and run terribly. They don't know what they are doing. They've made countless inexcusable mistakes. They really need to hire Robert Khoo or someone like that to take control of the thing.

Man if they only got their butt in gear, PSX could be something special.

They are still in the growing it stage. So they need to announce it as early as possible to give people the most amount of time who want to go to book vacation time and travel and for the people on the fence, convince them to go.

Then again last year they announced it Aug 22nd, then didn't say a peep again until October then the marketing plan for it didn't kick in until November.

Honestly, it's probably coming now that Neo is announced and done with but who knows when, it could be at any moment. Could be Monday, could be October. It should be their Wrestlemania and top priority, but it's clearly not.

On one hand, all the fuck ups make me scream "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" every time they happen. On the other hand, they all negatively impact attendance and I do like getting 10 VR demos over two days with hardly any line.

mcw

Thanks, krae_man, for the evidence breakdown. I don't think this thing is going to happen again. It's a bummer, because PAX West / East / South is so overcrowded that it's no longer possible for me to enjoy attending. I had a great time at PSX last year, and if it's not happening anymore then I don't know if I'll be going to a gaming convention ever again.

Mikey Jr.

Ohh wow, there might not be a PSX this year?

So no gamescom conference
No PGW conference
And now no PSX conference

Well that certainly sucks.

v1lla21

Damn that sucks if it doesn't happen. If moscone is taken for December they could possibly do it at the San Jose Convention Center. I don't know if it's available for December though, I haven't checked. That's if they would want to do it in the bay area again.

Mikey Jr.

Mind you, first PSX was in Las Vegas, second was in San Fran.

Next one could be anywhere technically.

Having said that, the fact that it hasn't been announced yet is kind of worrying.

eerik9000

Mind you, first PSX was in Las Vegas, second was in San Fran.

Next one could be anywhere technically.

Having said that, the fact that it hasn't been announced yet is kind of worrying.

Both were tied to The Game Awards, which this years is in LA again. It will be a lot easier to have a bunch of developers in one place for two events at the same time. Safe to assume PSX will be in California again.

Shredderi

Well, I guess its a theory on my part.

But sony announced PGW on Aug 18th last year.

It is now Sept 11th, and we've heard nothing.

Just my guess.

Yeah I'd guess they'd announce it if they were gonna do it. I just wish they wouldn't seemingly abstain from so many industry events. They have a vault full of promising projects going on. Show them!

It's supposed to happen. Venue is the question.

Vegas again probably is my guess. Doubt it will be San Francisco.

Edit: It will be likely tied to Capcom Cup so when you get a location for that...

Neonep

I was worried about this last week in the Playstation Meeting thread and everybody was saying that it was 100% going to happen and was going to be announced in October like the 1st one was not regarding when and how last years was announced.

I was worried about this last week in the Playstation Meeting thread and everybody was saying that it was 100% going to happen and was going to be announced in October like the 1st one was not regarding when and how last years was announced.

That's a long sentence...

To be fair, there's only two years to use as precedent, so who knows. We just had the Pro conference and TGS upcoming. It stands to reason that they've been concentrating on those and will say something about PSX (one way or the other) afterwards. I wouldn't take silence as a sign that it isn't happening.

I was really hoping they'd announce it at the Playstation Meeting. I'm really hoping that they keep PSX on the West Coast. I've been given the OK to go again as long as it was in LA, SD, Las Vegas, Seattle, or SF.

Top Bottom