• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

Anybody else still not get Nuclear Throne/Bit.Trip through the app? I got other rewards showing up for various themes and such (scanning was such a guilty pleasure) so my account was set up properly, but those games never showed as completed. Is it too late? Some people said their system was clogged and it was taking forever for that stuff to work. Or were those games only for keynote attendees?

Things that I checked into on the first day, and the rewards associated with them, definitely registered in sporadic fashion throughout the entire event. The Nuclear Throne/Bit.Trip rewards didn't log as available for me until Sunday morning, and half of the booths I had checked into in on Saturday didn't start registering well into Sunday afternoon. I feel like Sony CS will just need to look and see if you were registered for PSX and then cross-ref that with whether the games are unlocked on your account (to prevent people double dipping), and if not, just send you a code? A pain in the ass, sure, but if their app isn't working as hoped then they need to have a contingency.

Yeah, this poster is exceptionally well done. Sadly, I had to give mine away, as there was no easy way to deal with it on my flight home.

You couldn't have rolled it up into the poster tube you got with your PSX swag bag?

Also, bummed we didn't get to meet up either at the event or elsewhere, but hope you had a great time in SF!

You couldn't have rolled it up into the poster tube you got with your PSX swag bag?

Also, bummed we didn't get to meet up either at the event or elsewhere, but hope you had a great time in SF!
They would fit in the poster tube?! /SmacksHead

Oh, well. I'm trying to sell my house, so I've had to keep it as soulless as possible; I wouldn't be able to hang them up, anyway.

Yeah, I was looking forward to meeting you. I did enjoy San Francisco a lot! You were extremely helpful in pointing me towards good places.

It kind of cracks me up, coming from the Midwest. It's 60F in San Francisco and I'm sweating my ass off. Everyone else is in, what I would consider, sub-freezing winter wear. Haha!

gazele

Banned
Sorry I couldn't make it to the meet-up, I was incredibly tired, and living in the Bay Area and driving, wouldn't have been able to drink much

Honestly I hope its in Vegas again next year, as I'd be able to meet up and do more stuff, but either way it was good meeting some of you guys

The TLG poster is much bigger than the BLOPS3 poster so it technically wouldn't have fit in the tube unless you weren't worried about the poster sticking out of the tube on both ends sadly.

Tbh, I thought the posters were actual items to buy, not giveaways for buying something from the gear store actually.

It kind of cracks me up, coming from the Midwest. It's 60F in San Francisco and I'm sweating my ass off. Everyone else is in, what I would consider, sub-freezing winter wear. Haha!

Oh yeah, SF's mild weather makes softies out of us all. If it gets to mid-50s, 60s, people are gearing up for an Antarctic expedition, and if the temp hits 80 then all the clothes need to come off. Immediately.

The TLG poster is much bigger than the BLOPS3 poster so it technically wouldn't have fit in the tube unless you weren't worried about the poster sticking out of the tube on both ends sadly.

Oh that's unfortunate! It would've been nice if they had ordered longer poster tubes to accommodate some of the bigger (and popular) ones, especially if they had planned on just giving the posters away.

Priz

Great meeting everyone in person, fun times were had. I was exhausted from the rest of the weekend and reached home around 1am Saturday and with back pain and general being exhausted didn't get out of bed until 12:30pm! Don't remember being in bed that long for a while...

How were the lines/crowds on Sunday?

Kanashimi

In terms of scanning and the app, it was kinda a mess. I checked into The Darkest Dungeon booth five times, but the app is still convinced I never dropped by. There's a few other booths it just never picked up. I'm pretty disappointed by it since I got all the cards (except the trophies), but only have about 28 something check-ins.

Priz

In terms of scanning and the app, it was kinda a mess. I checked into The Darkest Dungeon booth five times, but the app is still convinced I never dropped by. There's a few other booths it just never picked up. I'm pretty disappointed by it since I got all the cards (except the trophies), but only have about 28 something check-ins.
Talking to someone who realized the issue was the metal body the phones were put in + static electricity was causing the system to short out and not work correctly. Good concept but not tested in the field at an actual tradeshow with many people...

I couldn't get a working one for any of the panels... so I don't have a check in for the panels or the keynote... so no $10 gc for me...

Priz

What was the VR like? Anybody who was a doubter who's now a believer?
I was worried that it'd be too blurry for me since I couldn't use my glasses with it... but it worked just fine with my glasses! I liked the Playroom stuff we played... and then I played the Classroom Aquatic (which used to mainly be an Oculus game) on it and it worked mostly well for it...

Is it enough for me to buy it right now? Nope! HUGE game backlog and no real pressing NEED to have one... but I would be up for using it again and playing more with the final version. :)

gazele

Banned
I felt bad for the indie devs who had to spend more time fixing their scanner stations then actually talking about their game to people

finalflame

Gold Member
I felt bad for the indie devs who had to spend more time fixing their scanner stations then actually talking about their game to people

Yah, scanner stations were a total mess on Saturday, but they all seemed to work 100% better on Sunday, at least.

Vaco6121

What was the VR like? Anybody who was a doubter who's now a believer?

I played RIGS and that game sold me on VR. You use to the controller to move and shoot, while you move your eyes to aim and move your head to look around. It really is something that you have to experience first hand to be sold on the idea.

Edzi

Maybe have the Gaf meet up before the event starts, during the event everyone is just tired.. Just a suggestion

Yeah, from the Line chat it sounded like a good chunk of people (myself included) were way too tired to stick around for the meetup, which was unfortunate. Still, getting lunch with you guys was pretty fun, so I'm glad I at least got to do that much.

I'm really bummed I couldn't stop by more indie dev booths over the weekend.

I wanted to try out Cosmic Star Heroine but both demo stations were being played when I stopped by on Saturday. Never got a chance to go back to play more games.

Still, I'll probably pick up the games down the line.

krae_man

In the middle works best because you have something to talk about and its least likely to conflict with arrivals and departures. There's always going to be people with conflicting schedules and people who back out at the last minute because meeting strangers from the internet is scary the first time you do it. If you're afraid don't be, I was the guy who sat there and hardly said a word once too. If you genuinely wore yourself out early, pace yourself better next year:p

This meetup actually went amazingly well. The turnout was huge and several people chipped in to help. Be it lanyards, Grub bags, Food/booze at the meetups, tips on getting things in the Line chat etc. Good job everyone!

Bay area GAF should definitely start organizing regular meetups.

finalflame

Gold Member
Anyone still not get credit for their panel attendance? I attended and scanned at two panels and nothing :/ It's all that's missing for my $10 voucher. I don't even know who I'd reach out to about this, it's really frustrating :/

krae_man

Anyone still not get credit for their panel attendance? I attended and scanned at two panels and nothing :/ It's all that's missing for my $10 voucher. I don't even know who I'd reach out to about this, it's really frustrating :/

I got credit for attending a panel but didn't redeem my code the first time I looked at the voucher code and now the app won't let me see it again. Support basically doesn't have an existing mechanism in their scripts to resolve this exact issue and in these instances for some stupid reason they refuse to do anything instead of escalate the issue to a resolution.

I'm an MVP and have access to some communication channels that might help, and I'm already using them for my own issue and will extend them to everyone who had issues with the app.

pooptest

I scanned at every single location and about 10 times at the panels, at Capcom Pro Tour, and only thing that registered was scanned at 10 different locations. Worst system ever.

Kanashimi

I got credit for attending a panel but didn't redeem my code the first time I looked at the voucher code and now the app won't let me see it again. Support basically doesn't have an existing mechanism in their scripts to resolve this exact issue and in these instances for some stupid reason they refuse to do anything instead of escalate the issue to a resolution.

I'm an MVP and have access to some communication channels that might help, and I'm already using them for my own issue and will extend them to everyone who had issues with the app.

That'd be awesome, my panel one isn't working either. I've got I think like four themes and the keynote games unlocked. :(

I scanned at every single location and about 10 times at the panels, at Capcom Pro Tour, and only thing that registered was scanned at 10 different locations. Worst system ever.

Totally agree that this was the worst system because it didn't work. But in theory if it worked as it should have it would have been great. I scanned everything but the Capcom Cup since I didn't go on sunday.

I reached out to Ask Playstation on twitter to see what could be done, haven't heard back from them yet. I'm kind of miffed because some of those rewards I really want. I don't care about $5 for MLB the show, but the Rigs theme I do!

If nothing gets resolved soon I'll be contacting you krae_man.

Triz

The only reward I want is the rigs theme and it didn't register for me when I scanned in. I tweeted guerilla but nothing yet.

neonglow

I had to rescan a bunch of things during the convention. The actual app had to be running for them to send your check in to the central server. If the app was broken and it just said "new tag collected", it meant that you didn't get credit for the check in.

AcridMeat

Banned
Those who were local and interested, we have a SF/Bay Area GAF thread. It hasn't been that active as of late, but it's a good place to plan meets. I've actually been wanting to do another for a while, glad I was able to catch this one.
Lol, it's funny cause you know it's true it was great meeting you too man! Sounds like Gaf is going to need it's own Neogaf Experience I say we get the God "Peter" Father to set it up lol
Humor in truth haha, bummed you had to dip early, hopefully we can catch up soon.

v1lla21

Those who were local and interested, we have a SF/Bay Area GAF thread. It hasn't been that active as of late, but it's a good place to plan meets. I've actually been wanting to do another for a while, glad I was able to catch this one.
Humor in truth haha, bummed you had to dip early, hopefully we can catch up soon.
Yup, we should definitely use that thread to plan something.

So I scanned my badge at the PlayStation Network booth. I know I did because I was with my brother and his activated on the app. App claims I didn't.

So I feel kind of screwed out of that $10 voucher.

Nicko

Thanks Acrid! Didn't know about that thread. Stopped by to say hi and added to sub'd threads.

Really enjoyed meeting some of you guys at PSX last weekend! Had a blast. Sorry I wasn't able to get the Snack bags out to as many as I had hoped. A little chaotic!

Hope to upload some of the pics I took with Trypto, Wario, Krae, and others soon!

Cheers,

Nicko

Edzi

So I scanned my badge at the PlayStation Network booth. I know I did because I was with my brother and his activated on the app. App claims I didn't.

So I feel kind of screwed out of that $10 voucher.

The Network booth setup was weird. They had a scanner in the corner, but apparently that wasn't the correct one to get the voucher. The real PSN booth scan required you to sit through a PSN or Vue demo (at least on Sunday).

Bay area GAF should definitely start organizing regular meetups.

I'd actually be down for more future bay area meetups.

The Network booth setup was weird. They had a scanner in the corner, but apparently that wasn't the correct one to get the voucher. The real PSN booth scan required you to sit through a PSN or Vue demo (at least on Sunday).
Nah, I got to the right one. My brother and I scanned at the same places.

They just decided not to count mine.

Raist

Banned
Was expecting loads of impressions on demos etc in this thread. Stop whining about your freebies and give some thoughts guys! :p

I enjoyed my time there. Spent a ton of time at the Kof booth. But also found stuff I'd enjoy for couch coop. Tricky towers and tumblestone are gonna be day ones for me. Zeboyd games was also fun just talking about the game. Though I found it odd that i spent like no time at the big pub booths. The 4p games were really drawing me in.

gazele

Banned
I enjoyed my time there. Spent a ton of time at the Kof booth. But also found stuff I'd enjoy for couch coop. Tricky towers and tumblestone are gonna be day ones for me. Zeboyd games was also fun just talking about the game. Though I found it odd that i spent like no time at the big pub booths. The 4p games were really drawing me in.

They're fun at conventions, but they don't hold up for me when I'm home, so its hard to be too excited for them

But lots of cool indie games that weren't necessarily 4p

slash000

Zeboyd Games
Hey thanks everyone for coming by and chatting / playing Cosmic Star Heroine at the Zeboyd booth! It was lots of fun seeing reactions to the game. And also thank you guys in particular for the NeoGaf Grub, that was a life saver!

They're fun at conventions, but they don't hold up for me when I'm home, so its hard to be too excited for them

But lots of cool indie games that weren't necessarily 4p

I honestly think they'll hold up better at home for me due to the fact that I have a weekly gathering of around 5-10 friends on average. So the four player puzzle games are exactly what I'm looking for. Or four player couch games in general. Also looking forward to duck game and a remake of crash commando if possible.

gazele

Banned
I honestly think they'll hold up better at home for me due to the fact that I have a weekly gathering of around 5-10 friends on average. So the four player puzzle games are exactly what I'm looking for. Or four player couch games in general. Also looking forward to duck game and a remake of crash commando if possible.

That's awesome, and is great in that scenario

I just wonder sometimes how many copies they'll sell, but I'm glad you'll be able to enjoy them with friends

That's awesome, and is great in that scenario

I just wonder sometimes how many copies they'll sell, but I'm glad you'll be able to enjoy them with friends

My biggest gripe about the ps4 is the loss of seven players. I had seven player bomberman ultra and Johan Sebastian joust. Awesome times right there with seven moves. I also have a lot invests in local gathering games like jackbox party pack, towerfall, paperbound, and other get together games. One game I'm still unsure about is push me pull me. I see some potential there, but it needs a more open mind.

brandtron8000

Neo Member
If anyone else is having trouble getting rewards from the app you should have got, speak up.

Say so here.

It shows I never scanned in at a panel or the PSN booth so now I can't redeem $10 reward. Pretty sure I did a bunch of others too that still aren't showing up even after re-signing in my profile a few times, but the $10 hurts the most.

I scanned my card in most places and didn't get credit for them, including the panels. So no $10 for me. I did play the games I wanted though, and Rigs sold me on VR. What a game and experience it was :)

Top Bottom