• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

neonglow

Yeah, same issue here. Tried to get my code for the free games too, but kept getting an error. Lame..

I finally figured out why it was erroring. You have to click on the profile button on the bottom and resign into your PSN account. That should fix the issue.

BTW, the Tumblestone PS4 Theme code ended up giving me the game "The Bridge" for free. I guess it's either mislabeled or someone messed up.

LukasF

Nice meeting you guys!

Forgot to take a photo at the venue but AcridMeat and I snapped an obligatory selfie after :)

20151206_013915.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
You sure meet the most interesting people at trade shows. Yesterday I was called blasphemous (in joking way) for taking a 3DS to a PS show, and someone wanted to buy the shirt off my back.

Well, Day 2, and coming in late for Capcom Cup.

None of my awards are registering. I only got the two games from the keynote. I hope I'm not the only one.

Same here. But if I click on my profile it shows everything I have checked into. So at least I know they have the info. Hopefully they will straighten out after the show. Sucks for the cards that require proof of checkin but at least we should get the $10 psn voucher.

kng3025

I finally figured out why it was erroring. You have to click on the profile button on the bottom and resign into your PSN account. That should fix the issue.

BTW, the Tumblestone PS4 Theme code ended up giving me the game "The Bridge" for free. I guess it's either mislabeled or someone messed up.

I finally got it to work after trying that late last night, thank you. Hopefully we get our $10 voucher as well since I know I've fulfilled the requirements..hmm, I'll have to double check to see if I got a code for that theme.

Trevelyan

Banned
Quick question. Is there anyway to get a Panels check in today? I attended the uncharted panel yesterday but never got checked in.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question. Is there anyway to get a Panels check in today? I attended the uncharted panel yesterday but never got checked in.

There's a check in at Capcom Cup, so I hope it works since I didn't make any panels yesterday.

AcridMeat

Banned
Nice meeting you guys!

Forgot to take a photo at the venue but AcridMeat and I snapped an obligatory selfie after :)

20151206_013915.jpg
Dude it was great meeting and talking with you!

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to get to chat with more people last night but really enjoyed chatting with those I did.

Jamie you need to develop a stand up routine, absolutely hilarious.
Jeff if you're up for a mini North Bay meet up sometime I'm absolutely game.
v1lla looking forward to losing to more pro Rocket League teams soon.

Back at the airport, but had a blast. Mad thanks to Gio. He just happened to be at split bread for lunch after the press conference and dropped a stack of vita games on our table. <3

Hands down the best thing I played at the show was Rigs - cannot wait for VR now. Go dynamos!

Back at the airport, but had a blast. Mad thanks to Gio. He just happened to be at split bread for lunch after the press conference and dropped a stack of vita games on our table. <3

Hands down the best thing I played at the show was Rigs - cannot wait for VR now. Go dynamos!

That is pretty sweet about the Vita games!

rje

Thanks to everyone who stopped by the Monsters & Monocles booth! We had a great show but I think I'm going to go sleep for a week once we tear down the booth at 6.

This is super late, if you goto the help desk, you can give them your PSN name and they'll keep you down for the panel check in. If it doesn't happen then they'll send you a voucher. Got this from a Sony rep and the help desk.

Gusto

Well I met Shu and Cerny and both signed my 20th Anniversary PS4 and got some pics with them too. PSX was great!

SJUTj7i

PSX is done with and I had a fantastic time.

The Event

+ I thought it was laid out really well. Having it in a venue that had 3 floors was fantastic because it divvied up the attendees in such a way that I never felt like I was pushing against a sea of humanity.

+ The Rewards were pretty generous-- at least to me. By just checking into a bunch of stuff on my phone I nabbed a bunch of PS4 themes (some are dope), avatars, $10 PSN credit, as well as Nuclear Throne and Bit.Trip for my PS4 and Vita.

- The check in stations were constantly in a state of disrepair throughout the entire event. Eventually Sony wised up and gave the phones (for checking in people) to staff to have them scan your badge, which seemed to fix the problem. Still, that first day had a really rough rollout.

- I think Sony still underestimates how many people want to get their hands on PSVR. The RSVP system was great-- if you got in within the first 5 minutes of it going live a day before the event started-- otherwise it was a big sore spot for people rolling up, excited to wait in line and try some of this VR thing they've been hearing a lot about, and being told that if they didn't have a RSVP it was probably not going to happen. Giving Media a chance to rsvp for time slots makes sense. Placing that same model on the thousands of PSX attendees was ill-conceived, imo.

PSVR

Highlight of the event for me. When it was all said and done I had tried Job Simulator, The Kitchen, Driveclub VR, Playroom VR, London Heist, and Wayward Sky. I want that kit now. I had highs and lows in terms of the individual titles, but my overall impression was VR is the real fucking deal and is such a paradigm shift from how I've grown up playing games. I loved it and will be buying it whenever Sony gets around to releasing the damn thing.

GAMES

Really enjoyed most of what I got my hands on (and I played a ton of shit). Standouts were probably Alone With You, Cosmic Star Heroine, Ratchet & Clank, Earth Night, and Invisible Inc. A lot of other games I'll be buying too. My wallet will bleed this year.

GAF

GAFers were unfuckingbelievable. From those that were trapped in their booth all day showing their games to those that busted their ass trying to organize meetups or make grub packs for people. I was pretty floored by how great all of your were that I had a chance to meet and chat with. There also seems to be a number of locals that are GAFers as well so I definitely wouldn't mind having another meetup sometime in the future. Feel free to add me on PSN as well if you'd like. Handle same as here on GAF.

Well I met Shu and Cerny and both signed my 20th Anniversary PS4 and got some pics with them too. PSX was great!

yooooo that's awesome!

krae_man

Had an awesome time. Thanks to everyone who came to the meetup and bumped into me on the floor.

Let's do it again next year.

krae_man

It was neat. The split the audio so people could spectate and I think that ruined the ambiance a bit. The exploring was great.

Cross posting from Line, but it was so awesome to meet so many of you. And thank you for making my wife feel welcome, next year we'll print out a badge for her haha. Can't wait to see everyone's pictures! Safe travels home!

Just finished redeeming all the various codes from PSX. That dynamic PS4 theme for Bound is really my jam. Tomorrow Children theme is cool too because of holiday theme and "PSX 2015" emblazoned on it.

Cross posting from Line, but it was so awesome to meet so many of you. And thank you for making my wife feel welcome, next year we'll print out a badge for her haha. Can't wait to see everyone's pictures! Safe travels home!

Glad you both had a great time. Thanks for the granola too! :)

krae_man

Meetup Pic:

RvvZMQP.jpg

I had a really fun time. Was really nice to bump into so many people I've met before at other events. You guys are awesome.

v1lla21

Had a great time with everybody! Thank you krae_man, xenorevlis, and Nicko for your hard work organizing, creating badges, and handing out grub bags. Yall the real MVPs.

Y'all some really cool people. Can't wait to do it next year! Also, South Bay gaf, we should have a meetup soon at afk or something.

M52B28

Banned
It was nice to see some of you. I want able to make it to the 10:30pm meets, but I met up at Mel's Dinner with a some gaffers like Peter and some other people.

As said above, Bay Area gaffers should definitely have a meet up sometime. I don't know what we'd do, but it sounds like something that could be planned out.

^^
Waaaiit, you're GTI dude. The one that got a random dish of free fries :D

Though I didn't get to meet more of you guys, it's been great chatting with you all on Line, and for those I did get to meet, it was great seeing you.

Can't wait to hopefully meet up at least the local crew in the near future! And for the out-of-towners, hope we meet again soon!

Darvan

Dude it was great meeting and talking with you!

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to get to chat with more people last night but really enjoyed chatting with those I did.

Jamie you need to develop a stand up routine, absolutely hilarious.
Jeff if you're up for a mini North Bay meet up sometime I'm absolutely game.
v1lla looking forward to losing to more pro Rocket League teams soon.

Lol, it's funny cause you know it's true it was great meeting you too man! Sounds like Gaf is going to need it's own Neogaf Experience I say we get the God "Peter" Father to set it up lol

Armadilo

Banned
No offense guys but it was weird seeing people play with vita's, I really have never seen someone take one out and play it until I got to PSX, was weird as the only time I see someone using a vita is in videos

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Anybody else still not get Nuclear Throne/Bit.Trip through the app? I got other rewards showing up for various themes and such (scanning was such a guilty pleasure) so my account was set up properly, but those games never showed as completed. Is it too late? Some people said their system was clogged and it was taking forever for that stuff to work. Or were those games only for keynote attendees?

Anybody else still not get Nuclear Throne/Bit.Trip through the app? I got other rewards showing up for various themes and such (scanning was such a guilty pleasure) so my account was set up properly, but those games never showed as completed. Is it too late? Some people said their system was clogged and it was taking forever for that stuff to work. Or were those games only for keynote attendees?
One thing the help desk told me, that's worked for everyone I've relayed it to, is to uninstall the Experience app and then reinstall it.

Jeels

I certainly had a favorite booth...

(Just kidding, my favorite booth was probably between the Fat Princess one and rigs/VR. The uncharted 4 one was well done as well, as was the giant trico screen.)

It was great to see and meet all of you as well! Glad you liked the badges, the grub bags were fantastic, and thanks to everyone who made our meetup possible!

Also, sorry for being zombie like at the end there. Really need to force myself to sleep before waking up so early, lol. Will post links to photos and videos soon...

Edit - For now, the goodbye group:

Top Bottom