• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Punch Out!! Wii on Jimmy Fallon show tonight?

Stalfos

Punch Out!! Looked great but they should have practiced the game a little bit before the show so that he could look at least somewhat competent at it and given a better idea of how the game actually works.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
general audiences like to relate to the stars. It is easier to relate to fallon flailing around like an idiot than it is to him tearing up some king hippo for most mainstream viewers.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Fallon has actually been pretty good these last few weeks. I'm enjoying it more than Conan's last few years of work, easily.

Stalfos

borghe said:
general audiences like to relate to the stars. It is easier to relate to fallon flailing around like an idiot than it is to him tearing up some king hippo for most mainstream viewers.
That makes sense but then when they are showcasing a game you think that they would want to garner interest in it. The general audience might see this game and think that it looks too difficult because Fallon was getting clobbered. Plus I also think Punch Out!! is more fun to watch when someone is doing decent. Instead of laughing at Fallon looking like an idiot the audience might be laughing at King Hippo's pants falling down.

Jtrizzy

rezuth said:
While it might have taken Conan 3 years to finally get accepted he was funny on day 1. Always loved how he keept mocking himself in the start, especially with his trip to Texas that he showed recently.

I agree.

Haunted

Games coverage = good thing, regardless whether you like that Fallon guy or not.

(I think I saw a movie with him once.)

Tab0203

3586p9d.gif

332bk1i.gif

2hnt0eg.gif

Camwi

BrandNew said:
It's been said before, but Conan took, oh, three years to get good.

It's just like how people here said 30 Rock sucked at first, Park's and Recreation sucked, It's Always Sunny sucked, Craig Ferguson sucked, and Jimmy Kimmel sucked when they all first started. You all hear what you WANT to hear from the show...

whatever. Not the thread for it, and I'm done talking about it.

Except Fallon hasn't been funny for his entire CAREER.

Revolver

dallow_bg said:
And what is with the great music on Carson Daly? I kept the TV on and the first three songs were by Jonathan Richman, David Bowie, and Jacques Dutronc.

I just wanted to chime in to say that I'm liking Carson Daly's new format. I've hated that show for years but lately it's gotten better. He's gotten away from the traditional talk show format and it suits him more. I don't care for the busy camera work though. The cuts of him talking into another camera and the constant switching between color and B&W seems cheesy.

Anyway, back on topic. Punch Out looked really nice on that huge screen, and at least Ice T seemed to know what he was talking about. The studio audience for Fallon has got to be the flattest bunch I've ever seen. Nothing on that show seems to interest them.

Top Bottom