• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

W-00

Finally looks like we get Revo Bastet soon. EU FB is showing them after maintenance. Bastet, Anubis and Horus.

Hnggg~ Revo Anubis! Finally, my Pandora team will have an unbindable bind-clear! I mean, without relying on his Sleeping Beauty inherit. Sure, losing his fire sub-attribute will be unpleasant, but it'll be worth it.

Though I'll probably wait to revo him until I have enough exp ready.

lmao, no radra

heroines soon please :/

Seriously, what is taking them so long? For either of those, I mean.

smbu2000

I don't know who that is on the last floor of challenge 10 in JP, but fuck him, seriously, fuck that guy.
Yes, he is a pain. I went in blind and it took me 4-5 tries to clear him. I was planning on hitting him with a small attack (using only 5 colors) to get him just above 50%, so I could use Hades' skill (25% gravity + 5 turn 5 seconds time extend) to knock him under his 50% resolve, but I hit him too hard and had to get past his 8 combo and below shield. I made an 8 combo board (max for the board I had) and got a skyfall to drop to put me past it.

e4yuqli.jpg

b33r

I got stuck on his 8 combo with bmyr, heart cross not the best for a combo shield that big. I'll maybe try a janky dark Kanna team.

Aesnath

I think the RaDra thing is absolutely intentional at this point. They are waiting for something, either the radar dragons guerilla dungeons or having all the MP dragons' evos out, or both. Maybe they just want it to be an event or something.

As for the heroines, it seems like early spring doesn't have a seasonal collab, maybe this will take its place. I think it would be really unlikely for us to not get something like that.

J0dy77

Anyone else worried about these Reincarnate evolutions due to them being permanent? What if Gungho announces something down the line for a card you permanently changed? They've never done anything like that in the past but still has me concerned.

I think the RaDra thing is absolutely intentional at this point. They are waiting for something, either the radar dragons guerilla dungeons or having all the MP dragons' evos out, or both. Maybe they just want it to be an event or something.

As for the heroines, it seems like early spring doesn't have a seasonal collab, maybe this will take its place. I think it would be really unlikely for us to not get something like that.

When will the MP shop lineup rotate again? That's my guess for when they'll release Ra Dra since he isn't currently available. They'll want people burning MP as soon as he goes live. I'm ok with the wait since I still have some farming to do. I just need Mech Zeus, 2 jewels of light and a few Dub Mythlits.

Anyone want to MP Zeus?

BondFancy

I hope there is a method to the madness at this point, if we don't ever release it in NA we riot.

Anyone else worried about these Reincarnate evolutions due to them being permanent? What if Gungho announces something down the line for a card you permanently changed? They've never done anything like that in the past but still has me concerned.
I have a feeling they would never do this without offering a way to reverse it, the backlash would be too great.

W-00

It would have to be a pretty underwhelming event - something along the lines of "Hey, here's all the MP Dragon evos! And that's all you get for this event," because I have to imagine that JP would riot if we got a good even that they didn't.

I will be so damn annoyed if they wait until Spring to give us the Heroines. My main has 100 stones saved for the event so far, and I will not be wasting any of them rolling in anything else before they arrive (well, maybe hunting Krishna...). And the same goes for my alt's 50+ stones (minus the Krishna part, since it already has him).

Little bit, but revoing is such an exp sink that I wouldn't do it to anything unless I was sure that I had a very real, immediate use for it (hello, Anubis' bind-clear awakening). I'm more annoyed by how so far all of them have been monocolor (I think). That's bad news for Isis' revo, seeing as most of A. Isis' use comes from having a rare color combination.

J0dy77

I have a feeling they would never do this without offering a way to reverse it, the backlash would be too great.

I agree. However, it still has me waiting to pull the trigger on a number of cards. I've revo'd shiva, Minerva, Venus and Ra so far. Ra is the only one I have a dupe of. I'm holding onto Neptune, Ceres and a couple others because I don't have any real need for them.

Aesnath

It would have to be a pretty underwhelming event - something along the lines of "Hey, here's all the MP Dragon evos! And that's all you get for this event," because I have to imagine that JP would riot if we got a good even that they didn't.

Honestly, if they just gave us some of what JP has gotten recently, it could be a pretty cool event.

Something like
  • All MP dragons in the shop
  • Radar Dragon Dungeons Start
  • All MP dragons Uevos up
  • 300k Free MP

JP has recently gotten quite a bit of free MP and we haven't. Such an event would be nice. Not that I'm holding my breath or anything.

Okamid3n

When will the MP shop lineup rotate again? That's my guess for when they'll release Ra Dra since he isn't currently available. They'll want people burning MP as soon as he goes live.

He's there. He's actually been in the mp shop for a few days (maybe two or three), so there goes the theory. :(

I bet we'll have to wait a full rotation again until his new ult comes out.

Bestcat is back. Loving the insane damage.She has always had my favorite playstyle. She will be my main unless I run into trouble then I always have Myr. Have a hypermaxed one and need more revo bastet friends. Also have Kush, Yomi Dragonand XM(ew).

333, 752, 218

Jagernaut

I regret making Bastet Ace. I never used it as a lead and now have to use woodpys again to skill her up when I switch her to Reincarnated Bastet.

I regret making Bastet Ace. I never used it as a lead and now have to use woodpys again to skill her up when I switch her to Reincarnated Bastet.

Yeah I had to do that too. Was a bummer.

So I have Minervo unevod and a great team for her. Apparently she's like really worth using? Think of hypermaxing her.

I actually did use my BACEstet but I'm wary that Gungho is going to make another evolution after BACEstet in the future. Don't want to blow woodpys each time I switch evo lines so I might wait until I get a dupe Bastet before making a revo.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Revocat doesn't even seem that good. Better than Ace, yeah, but compared to other available leaders, I don't really see any reason to go thru the reincarnation process again just to use her. Also I really hate the skill use damage stip on leader skills. I wish they would stop that.

Revocat doesn't even seem that good. Better than Ace, yeah, but compared to other available leaders, I don't really see any reason to go thru the reincarnation process again just to use her. Also I really hate the skill use damage stip on leader skills. I wish they would stop that.

Well she's not s tier or anything but I play her cause I love combo leads and she's my best option.

I'm not at the point where I can farm Arena 1 consistently but the endless Py supply and crazy rank exp makes me jealous :( I'm hoping power creep makes it an eventual breeze.

rank is a super underrated stat honestly, a bigger stamina bar allows you to do so much. I wish I had Ganesha.

W-00

I wish I had Ganesha.

Oh yeah, Ganesha. It would be awesome to have Ganesha. My main is now at the point where Experience of a Lifetime doesn't guarantee a rank-up, and I keep forgetting that and using it when I want to farm something, am low on stamina, and am also low on rank exp. So I end up just wasting the stamina and losing the farming opportunity. So annoying.

Speaking of annoying, I'm beginning to believe that the reason we haven't gotten the Heroines yet is that GungHo NA are waiting for them to get their ults in February. And then when we do get them, they still won't have their ults yet.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm not at the point where I can farm Arena 1 consistently but the endless Py supply and crazy rank exp makes me jealous :( I'm hoping power creep makes it an eventual breeze.

rank is a super underrated stat honestly, a bigger stamina bar allows you to do so much. I wish I had Ganesha.

I don't think ur available cards is a problem, you've got some top tier leaders that I see Dzy clear with his eyes closed. I think it's just a matter of learning how to get thru all the floors. I've seen Dzy clear some floors in A1 that seem like a massive pain in the dick (like Parvati, or having a shield ready for D-Hera) that might give you trouble especially if you're learning how to do it. But your cards definitely shouldn't be a problem.

smbu2000

Well I helped my gf cheese through Hera Dragon (no continues!) with my powerful team, haha!

She only had A.Venus to use, so our attack power output wasn't so great. I had Hades' (25% gravity and 5 turn 5 second movement time) skill on one of my Mamiyas to help on the 2nd floor and get Ceres into her dark color (to let use tank her hits.)

After that it was just my team taking the hits from Hera Dragon since I had loaded up on dark damage reduction latents. Our leader skills combined reduced it 75% and my subs combined had an extra 80% dark damage reduction (25% on Mamiya 1, 20% on Mamiya 2, 20% on Cecil and 15% on Bat), so even Hera Dragon's largest 330k hit only did about 16.5k damage to me. Very easy to heal up over 2 turns.
Our damage output wasn't very good like I said, so it took like 50 turns or so to whittle down HD and finish her off, heh.

Now we just need to find a team to go through MHera together so she can make her uuvo YD as well.

Oh, this week's update includes power ups to the Hunter Hunter collab. characters. I like that Kite's skill is only 8 turns now. Having double the RCV (4x with a friend) for making 4 colors is nice too on top of the max boost to 100x attack with 4 colors and a 5 match.

I'm still guessing next week will be a Dragonball collab. power up.

Oh Boy... Dark Athena coming to the JP MP shop...for 750,000!

I hope at the very least we get some monster point like they have if they are gonna offer her at that ridiculous price.

Dark Athena on PADX

Reddit Thread
Well they have had more expensive ones before, right? I thought I remember seeing that Dark XM was 500k or 600k?

Anyway, I think I'll try and get Dark Athena. With the free MP from before I probably have like 650k or so. It shouldn't be too hard to get another 100k.

J0dy77

He's there. He's actually been in the mp shop for a few days (maybe two or three), so there goes the theory. :(

I bet we'll have to wait a full rotation again until his new ult comes out.

Whoops, didn't even see the chnage in rotation. Nice bonus for me, went and bought him instantly after seeing your post. :)

Oh Boy... Dark Athena coming to the JP MP shop...for 750,000!

I hope at the very least we get some monster point like they have if they are gonna offer her at that ridiculous price.

Dark Athena on PADX

Reddit Thread

Lol at just skipping right passed the 500k range. Im going to grind back up to 500k and hope we get all the MP that jp got.

I may even be able to sell off enough on jp to get her but not sure it's worth it. She does seem insanely strong and easy.

Bladelaw

Dark Athena doesn't do anything for me on JP because there's no way I'll get enough MP by then. Even then I don't have a team for her.

I managed to max skill my Ronove through a fair amount of skill up luck so that team is done.

I almost max skilled a second Z8 just farming MP which was nice. Once that's done I can go back to selling extras for MP. I did some napkin math and I need about 8 stones worth of stamina dedicated to MP farming to afford the blue puppet and finish off my Minerva cheese team so I'll be doing one bar a night until that's done. On that note anyone with the ALB B team for Z8 wants to join me I'll be running it pretty much whenever I can, just give me a heads up. For true ease of use you'll need a Dios crew and a true damage on your ALB. Plenty of fodder XP, rank XP, and MP in that dungeon. My team is protected against invades via SDR in the coin version but it's easy enough to just stall skills back up if your team gets hit.

I don't think I'm going to bother with this crop of Reincarnations. I already have Bacetet and god killer is more useful to me, Horus is Horace and I don't really use him either (occasional Sephiroth runs in no RCV dungeons is pretty much it), and Anubis while actually being useful has a niche covered by Yomi Dragon and Lumiel (with inherit). I'm not good enough at comboing to lead with him and don't have Yukari skilled up to ensure full activation anyway. That said if I do any it'll be Anubis. I just don't want to blow all my globes leveling him back up.

I don't think ur available cards is a problem, you've got some top tier leaders that I see Dzy clear with his eyes closed. I think it's just a matter of learning how to get thru all the floors. I've seen Dzy clear some floors in A1 that seem like a massive pain in the dick (like Parvati, or having a shield ready for D-Hera) that might give you trouble especially if you're learning how to do it. But your cards definitely shouldn't be a problem.

I totally have the ability to form a team with the box I have, but I've still never inherited anything and almost nothing is hypered, so I'm putting it off. My Myr team is still really underdeveloped, although I do have max-skilled ADQXQ/2x Saria/Kanna/S.Roots...

Aesnath

750k MP is a bunch of points. I've heard D. Athena is pretty solid, but still, that is a huge outlay. The elder card seems like an odd fit as well, I mean, the skill screams red Gremory, but she is a dragon. Outside of that, I guess she's a weird leader and would run well on a Gadius team. As a lead she is a slight bump up for Sitri in red, or a massive downgrade from Aizen.

b33r

Dark Athena is pretty much dark Kanna with a better multiplier and slightly better RCV. So she's definitely good and the best arena 3 farmer, but she's not 750k better.

750K is crazy. I'd really like to get her, but that's just too much. I'm at the point where I detest farming MP (or farming much of anything in general), so I'm not going to spend 30 or 40 hours grinding it out for the next couple months. If there was an option where we could buy a product with a code, like in Japan, I'd probably do it. RaDra will have to be good enough for me, especially since it's already in my box.

Edit: On second thought, fuck me I'm going to try to save it up on both of my accounts. Would be an incredible arena farmer on both accounts, and would be the perfect sub on my RaDra team since I don't have Kanna. I guess I'll just try to run Z8 for a while each day, and spend my time in PAD doing that. I have to run MZeus teams since my alt never got an ALB.

Aesnath

750K is crazy. I'd really like to get her, but that's just too much. I'm at the point where I detest farming MP (or farming much of anything in general), so I'm not going to spend 30 or 40 hours grinding it out for the next couple months. If there was an option where we could buy a product with a code, like in Japan, I'd probably do it. RaDra will have to be good enough for me, especially since it's already in my box.

Edit: On second thought, fuck me I'm going to try to save it up on both of my accounts. Would be an incredible arena farmer on both accounts, and would be the perfect sub on my RaDra team since I don't have Kanna. I guess I'll just try to run Z8 for a while each day, and spend my time in PAD doing that. I have to run MZeus teams since my alt never got an ALB.

Yeah, it's sad, but if they gave me an option to just purchase the damn thing, I'd be at least somewhat likely to do so.

Yeah, it's sad, but if they gave me an option to just purchase the damn thing, I'd be at least somewhat likely to do so.

I'm hoping we get the MP gifts that Japan has gotten. They've gotten like half the cost in gifts so far. That'd make it such an easier pill to swallow, but you can argue that more people would be better off just buying 2 YomiDras. It's really dumb, but I have been lacking a PAD goal (outside of getting RaDra's mats together) and have sat with full stamina a lot recently. 30 or 40 mins of Z8 farming before bed wouldn't be the worst thing in the world I guess.

Okamid3n

I haven't bothered managing my stamina in ages. Personally, once they switched from 1 stamina per 10 minutes to 1 per 5 (and now 1 per 3), I've had more stamina than I've needed. Especially since just running Arena continuously ranks me up easily right now.

I'm also thinking I'll buy Athena only if they give us MP gifts like Japan got.

fek

I'm buying Dark Athena too. Just not sure if I want to buy her in my alt too, probably won't.
For my other MP monsters in the last few weeks I made the new evolutions for YomiDra and RaDra and also bought NepDra in my main, still missing a few mats for his last evo.

b33r

I just realized I can pair my Kanna with her, everyone on the team has god or attacker typing. Won't be as good as two dark Athenas, but will still be good.

Edit: just realized Satsuki gets rid of blues, that's really to bad as she would be perfect otherwise.

Jonsoncao

Banned
I just realized my JP non-IAP alt has 870k MP while I haven't even open the 390k MP letters yet...

I am starting to think my JP alt might even be able to solo Arena 3 before my US IAP acc...i.e. due to the MIA of RaDra...

Bladelaw

I just realized I can pair my Kanna with her, everyone on the team has god or attacker typing. Won't be as good as two dark Athenas, but will still be good.

Edit: just realized Satsuki gets rid of blues, that's really too bad as she would be perfect otherwise.

This is a running theme with places she'd fit real well on. I really hope they announce a Uevo for her sooner rather than later.

b33r

This is a running theme with places she'd fit real well on. I really hope they announce a Uevo for her sooner rather than later.

It really is almost funny. The uvo shouldn't change the active though, have to wait for awoken. The way they are treating her, that'll probably be like 2019.

Jagernaut

30 with this team. If you have the shinra bansho guy with 4 fire resist awakenings you can get by with 20. The reason is Minerva's leaderskill and the awakenings don't stack additively. so if you're short say 10 latents you're at 90% resist from awakenings and take 25% of the remaining 10% damage (or 2.5% total)

There aren't a lot of attacks where 2.5% damage will still kill you but any hit over 1 million damage will do it for this team, . In Arena 3 the monsters capable of doing this are:
Lifive, Lakshmi (due to awakening bind) so I'd recommend going all the way with resists. This way only Lakshmi is your concern.

In the coin dungeons Hera-Ur 5x4

I need to rework the primary team because I lack the convenient inherits.
R. Minerva needs a 3 turn bind clear if I pair with a A. Sakuya Minerva otherwise I can just inherit Sakuya on my own Minerva.

The padz dragons need Saria and Ganesha
Lifive will hold Muse.

I really hope I can find a Red Guan Yu holding Minerva when I finish this. Otherwise I'm going to have real problems.

The way to deal with Zeus Dragon with the above team:
Puppet Zeus, keep him above 90% hp till the puppet is up again.
Sakuya-->Saria-->RGY-->Muse-->Ganesha
Tank his retaliation with Ganesha
Puppet him. He should be in the "no color change" chunk of his life bar at this point. Stall everything back up and burst again to kill.

Every other dragon is just lol puppet (except heph where it's just lol)

I just realized I do have Shinra Sun God Apollo in my box. Would he take Lifive's spot on the Minerva cheese team?

J0dy77

What is everyone's favorite arena 1 farm team right now? I've fallen in love with this team:

r6p0zN0.jpg

So strong, tons of burst and controlled damage when you need it. There is literally only one encounter that can slow a run down and that's parvati, hate her so much. Otherwise it's basically one shotting every floor and even trivializes Sopdet.

Jonsoncao

Banned
What is everyone's favorite arena 1 farm team right now? I've fallen in love with this team:

r6p0zN0.jpg

So strong, tons of burst and controlled damage when you need it. There is literally only one encounter that can slow a run down and that's parvati, hate her so much. Otherwise it's basically one shotting every floor and even trivializes Sopdet.

I regret selling red riding hood so much...

b33r

My favorite arena farming team is Aizen, the easiest and most consistent team I have is dark Kanna, her smaller non activated multiplier shreds Parvati and Sopdet. And she can 1 shot either Kali with my facet inherit.

Aizen is faster and you need a shield for DQ Hera, but he is a bit more fun.

Bladelaw

I just realized I do have Shinra Sun God Apollo in my box. Would he take Lifive's spot on the Minerva cheese team?

Yes, the downside is losing his haste but hey it frees up 10 latents and his skill is way easier to max. Should still work the same.

Wadatsumi or unfavorable floor 1 spawns are probably the biggest risk to this team since you're not charged up. Other than that it's pretty smooth sailing.

J0dy77

What do you do for Sopdet? Fire combos without rows?

Edit. Any inherits on team?

Yup, a 5 combo (3 orbs each) that includes fire and light basically takes her to half health. I have Sonia inherited on ares but that was just from using him on Krishna. I never let Draco activate. I have a full set of wood resist latents on Genryusai and a couple on red Riding Hood specifically for parvati. She is literally the only floor that presents a risk and it lets me tank a hit under 20%.

I was using a Minerva friend that inherited sakuya but stopped because it's redundant with rrh and no need for the gravity with the huge burst. Having her short active to keep spamming rows helps a lot.

Not really actually impressive, but this is the first time my NA account has been able to clear all 10 challenge dungeons. Ran Ilm/Minerva with a bunch of garbage for subs
WTWOm7Kl.jpg

J0dy77

Not really actually impressive, but this is the first time my NA account has been able to clear all 10 challenge dungeons. Ran Ilm/Minerva with a bunch of garbage for subs]

This was a nice set of challenge dungeons this time, challenging but not ridiculously hard like the last set. I didn't even bother with c10 last time around.

Top Bottom