• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

This was a nice set of challenge dungeons this, challenging but not ridiculously hard like the last set. I didn't even bother with c10 last time around.

I like that the fixed team challenge was a capable team that not many people play. I'd consider trying that team out again in the future.

LuffyZoro

I suppose I actually have a pretty good D.Athena team.

Athena/A.Haku/Summer Pandora/A.Persephone/A.Okuni

Full SBR, 5 Dark OE, 13 TPA

I have some MP saved up, and I haven't sold anything in a while, so I could probably get her.

smbu2000

Is there a translation for the HxH buffs, I want to know if I will be dusting off my old Kite team soon.
I don't see anything, but I'll translate really quickly.

Skills:
Kurapika: from 4 turn delay to 4 turn delay and 10% gravity
Leorio: from 3000 HP healing and 1 turn bind recovery to 3000hp healing and 3 turn bind recovery
Hisoka: from 1 turn 30% damage reduction to 2 turn 30% damage reduction
Netero: from 1 turn reduce enemy defense by 50% and 1 turn haste to 2 turn reduce enemy defense by 75% and 1 turn haste
Lucilfer: skill turn changes from 10 turns (6 at max) to 8 turns (4 at max)
Kite: skill turn changes from 15 turns (11 at max) to 12 turns (8 at max)

Leader skills:
Netero: changes from balance type HP/ATK increases a little and attacking with 5 colors (or 4 + hearts) gives 4.5x ATK to
Balance and God types have HP/ATK at 2x and attacking with 5 colors (or 4 + hearts) gives 5x ATK

Gon: from Physical/Attacker types have HP/ATK increased a little and HP at full or under 50% gives wood types 4x ATK to
Physical/Attacker types have HP/ATK increased by 1.5x and HP at full or under 50% gives wood types 4x ATK

Killua: from Attacker/Devil types ATK/RCV increases a little and HP at 80% or above gives dark types 4x ATK to
Attacker/Devil types ATK/RCV increases by 1.5x and HP at 80% or above gives dark types 4x ATK

Kite: from attacking with 4 colors (or 3 + hearts) gives 4x ATK and matched attribute ATK 2x when matching exactly 5 connected orbs with at least 1 enhanced orb to
attacking with 4 colors (or 3 + hearts) gives 4x ATK and 2x RCV and Matched attribute ATK 2.5x when matching exactly 5 connected orbs with at least 1 enhanced orb.

The awakenings and stat boosts don't really need a translation.

Aesnath

See, I have had a hard time with the challenge dungeons this time around. I actually managed to beat all of them a time or so ago (when liberty geist was the top stage). This time, I'm struggling to beat any of the top three.

I brought a quick heartmaker and tried to tackle the no RCV with Gremory, got to the last floor, couldn't kill in one hit, he binds everyone, I double Gremory to unbind, can't get a row together, he's at 15-20%hp and I have no active, two hearts on board. He skips a turn. Still two hearts, no active. I'm dead.

Long story short, I decided I'm going to convert to the haste-active plan. I bought plum and will be in process of shifting my Pandora over to the awoken form. I figure I'll sub something out for places with lots of combo shields to make room for A. Yomi when needed.

On the other hand, I only have 70k MP left. Feels kinda bad.

See, I have had a hard time with the challenge dungeons this time around. I actually managed to beat all of them a time or so ago (when liberty geist was the top stage). This time, I'm struggling to beat any of the top three.

I brought a quick heartmaker and tried to tackle the no RCV with Gremory, got to the last floor, couldn't kill in one hit, he binds everyone, I double Gremory to unbind, can't get a row together, he's at 15-20%hp and I have no active, two hearts on board. He skips a turn. Still two hearts, no active. I'm dead.

Long story short, I decided I'm going to convert to the haste-active plan. I bought plum and will be in process of shifting my Pandora over to the awoken form. I figure I'll sub something out for places with lots of combo shields to make room for A. Yomi when needed.

On the other hand, I only have 70k MP left. Feels kinda bad.

I don't think you'll regret it. Let me know if you need help with any of these in co-op. I did them with Myr because that's what my alt runs, but I'm sure Gremory in co-op could clear them.

J0dy77

r6p0zN0.jpg

Ended up going 7 of 8 with this team in A1 yesterday with 2 rank ups due to the Exp boost. Only wipe was to Parvati early in the day but have since gotten better at the encounter. The key is trying to get one light combo and 1 red combo on consecutive turns for the 12x multiplier. That usually takes her into the threshold where she won't spam the fire orb board flood.

I really don't understand why Ilm is ranked so much higher then Genryusai, are people just overlooking his ability to easily pair with Minverva and stay mono red?

Bladelaw

Seeing Dark Athena Arena 3 clears makes me pretty jealous. It just looks so easy.
Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBUnqyxhoNM&

I'm sticking to my plan and grabbing the blue puppet though. I don't have it in me to farm up an extra 500k mp. I did it for my Mathena team's Rag Dragons and it wasn't fun then either. On the bright side Z8 is a breeze with the right setup and way more useful to me than Scarlet or Linthia.

I looked at Ras descended to see if I could work out something to trivialize the Super King challenge. The dungeon itself doesn't actually look that bad.
Requirements for a quick painless clear:
FL1: true damage or 1 card that can crack 10 million defense
FL2: Damage and unbind/stall
FL3: Damage and 100% SBR
FL4: Damage
FL5: Heal + damage
FL6: Delay + damage 5 turn bind clear
FL7: Way to handle lead swap and damage. (Shield works for me)

Given the mechanics heavy nature of the dungeon I'm thinking a "normal" team might be more efficient for this challenge in coop. Aizen coop would make this a joke, just bring an unbindable team except the super king. Double cross floor 1 (or Lumiel), cross every other floor. Delay Grodin and cross him, shield the lead swap then cross Ras (double if the 75% shield is up).

Just be sure to bring 100% SBR, a 5 turn bind clear (or mostly unbindable team). You might get lucky and have Grodin bind the super king in which case nothing of value is lost.

Might have to get creative if the plan is to use ALB.

Jagernaut

Ended up going 7 of 8 with this team in A1 yesterday with 2 rank ups due to the Exp boost. Only wipe was to Parvati early in the day but have since gotten better at the encounter. The key is trying to get one light combo and 1 red combo on consecutive turns for the 12x multiplier. That usually takes her into the threshold where she won't spam the fire orb board flood.

I really don't understand why Ilm is ranked so much higher then Genryusai, are people just overlooking his ability to easily pair with Minverva and stay mono red?

It's probably the 2.5x rcv boost. Makes stalling much easier. Defensive vs offensive.

J0dy77

It's probably the 2.5x rcv boost. Makes stalling much easier. Defensive vs offensive.

Forgot about the RCV bonus. Personally, I don't have much of an issue with RCV with Genryusai. 6 orbs is usually enough to get me back to full and that's the benefit of bringing RRH and Yamato to generate heals in a pinch. Ares is really strong but I've also cleared A1 with Uriel in place of him who can be used for more healing but eats light.

The problem with Minerva teams is when she goes up against light or wood mobs and needs to take a full damage hit instead of reduced.

If I had Cao Cao on this team I'd be able to clear so much extra content with that delay. Only other thing I might want is a dmg shield.

Damn, the difference between x3 and x4 Skill Up chance is staggering. I've never gone 0/5 on x4 more than a couple times but on x3 it keeps happening to me. I wanted to save skill ups until we get the Tan update but I need the box space. Frustrating.

Damn, the difference between x3 and x4 Skill Up chance is staggering. I've never gone 0/5 on x4 more than a couple times but on x3 it keeps happening to me. I wanted to save skill ups until we get the Tan update but I need the box space. Frustrating.

at this rate I've given up holding out for the tan update :(

I spent an entire stamina bar farming Gold Keepers for my ONE Urd and got a single skillup. It's easily the most obnoxious aspect of the game.

b33r

I worked on clearing out the techs I haven't yet since I don't have much else to do with my stamina at the moment.

Legendary sea of stars went down easy with Aizen, his damage control and burst were crucial.

Legendary remains seemed really easy, until the boss... I always go in blind and he has a bunch of bs mechanics. Took me 3 tries and a little luck.

Will try some more tonight when stamina is back. Still have machine Zeus, machine Athena, gathering of talents 2, and arena 3 left. I'll have to build a cheese team for Athena, but I have teams that can beat the rest of them if I play well.

Really like Aizen, with a shield I feel I can beat just about anything.

Bladelaw

I worked on clearing out the techs I haven't yet since I don't have much else to do with my stamina at the moment.

Legendary sea of stars went down easy with Aizen, his damage control and burst were crucial.

Legendary remains seemed really easy, until the boss... I always go in blind and he has a bunch of bs mechanics. Took me 3 tries and a little luck.

Will try some more tonight when stamina is back. Still have machine Zeus, machine Athena, gathering of talents 2, and arena 3 left. I'll have to build a cheese team for Athena, but I have teams that can beat the rest of them if I play well.

Really like Aizen, with a shield I feel I can beat just about anything.

A gravity is crucial for Ninegaruda for skipping his nasty combo shield. Basically chip him into range then gravity away his resolve and smack him in the face. Awoken/Revo Hades is actually a pretty nice Aizen sub for the flex slot. Let me know if you need a Grodin up for Mathena. I don't have any flame tans (burned them skilling up Napoleon) so I can't inherit Raphael but I can inherit almost any non-red attribute thing you'd need on him.

J0dy77

Am I nuts for selling this page of cards for dark Athena?

Edit: if I sell two 50k cards I Won't have to sell the dupe Cao cao, parvati or okuna.

w33IiUI.jpg

And two of the 50k cards for the final 100k I need. Probably sell the dupe blonia and Rodin. Maybe Skuld.

cauKGnK.jpg

b33r

A gravity is crucial for Ninegaruda for skipping his nasty combo shield. Basically chip him into range then gravity away his resolve and smack him in the face. Awoken/Revo Hades is actually a pretty nice Aizen sub for the flex slot. Let me know if you need a Grodin up for Mathena. I don't have any flame tans (burned them skilling up Napoleon) so I can't inherit Raphael but I can inherit almost any non-red attribute thing you'd need on him.

I haven't even leveled my Grodin yet, Athena will probably be the last one I do. Thanks though, I'll let you know whenever I get around to building the team.

Bladelaw

Am I nuts for selling this page of cards for dark Athena?

Edit: if I sell two 50k cards I Won't have to sell the dupe Cao cao, parvati or okuna.

And two of the 50k cards for the final 100k I need. Probably sell the dupe blonia and Rodin. Maybe Skuld.

Don't sell Sheen unless she's a dupe. The other stuff is up to you. I can see dumping a dupe blonia and rodin (especially if you have the tamazos) but skuld is just so damn useful.

Remember that JP is getting 5555 MP per day in February (for a total around 150MP), so if you don't have a burning desire for dathena you could wait a while and save some of the more valuable cards.

I think Zinogre has a real good skill for inheritance, but on the other hand I've never been able to find a use for him sooooo

J0dy77

Don't sell Sheen unless she's a dupe. The other stuff is up to you. I can see dumping a dupe blonia and rodin (especially if you have the tamazos) but skuld is just so damn useful.

Good catch. Didn't even realize her active until I looked it up. I'll keep her around.

Remember that JP is getting 5555 MP per day in February (for a total around 150MP), so if you don't have a burning desire for dathena you could wait a while and save some of the more valuable cards.

I think Zinogre has a real good skill for inheritance, but on the other hand I've never been able to find a use for him sooooo

Hmm might be worth waiting. Is dark athena limited time only or will she go through the normal cycle? I may end up selling anyway just because the 15k - 5k range cards do nothing for me. And I don't see any of them getting buffed to where id miss them.

J0dy77

So much for holding off, it's done lol.

qVHAbZQ.jpg

The tipping point was realizing hoe much crap I had at the bottom of my box in the 3k range. Water swordman, Catwoman and a hole pile of garbage from attack on Titan and other collabs. Held onto sheen, all the solid dupes, vinogre and all the 50k cards.

No regrets because I can't even remember half the junk I sold.

qVHAbZQ.jpg

The tipping point was realizing hoe much crap I had at the bottom of my box in the 3k range. Water swordman, Catwoman and a hole pile of garbage from attack on Titan and other collabs. Held onto sheen, all the solid dupes, vinogre and all the 50k cards.

Congrats! I need to clean out my box and start grinding MP. She looks so easy and fun to play. I haven't had box space in forever because I'm holding stuff until the king tan update, but I know I have some garbage REM pulls that could go.

b33r

qVHAbZQ.jpg

I did the same thing for Bmyr and I don't regret it. Selling all those cards I wasn't using for an end game lead that complimented my box paid off big in the amount of content it helped me clear.

J0dy77

Finished the Ras dungeon challenge, fair dungeon overall and I liked the final boss floor. I cleared the first three times with Myr but the leader swap and 7 combo requirement was too much of a pain for Myr burst. Switched to Genryusai for the legend plus ruby dragon floor. Only risk was Odin due to the high wood damage.

smbu2000

Congrats! I also bought D.Athena on my main account. I don't have any tamadras at the moment so she's almost hyper (only lacking awakenings). I'll throw her up in my first team or BFF slot once I get her some awakenings, heh.

Now I just need to grind up a lot of MP for my sub account to have a chance to buy her there, too. I just spent 300k on RaDra though, so I don't have that much on it. Will take a long time...

Something good for my sub account though was that I pulled Ranma on my 3rd pull (only pulled 4 times so far with it including the free one.) Now I just need to decide whether to go for the Fire uevo or for the Water uevo. Fire would really help my sort of weak fire teams. My water teams are fairly strong, but I do like the water artwork more.

bjork

Okay, so I updated my padherder page, which took eons, but here we are:

https://www.padherder.com/user/bjor...1,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;boxfav,0

Anyone have any suggestions? I got a bunch from a guy in the in-game messages awhile ago, if anyone can confirm these for me as good moves, that would help as well. I don't even know what half of this means, but here are the suggestions he had:
- Anima and Cursed Dragon into co-op forms (what are these, I don't play co-op)
- Turn Tsubaki into leader Tsubaki
- Kagu into reincarnated version
- Sumire ultimate evolution
- Skuld evolved
- Sun Quan into Awoken Sun Quan
- Awoken Kushinadahime (isn't this bad, though?)
- Vishnu into super ultimate evolved
- Bastet into Revo Bastet
- Astaroth into awoken form
- Artemis into Awoken Artemis
- Amaterasu into Awoken form
- Indra into Awoken form
- Izanagi into Awoken form
- Pandora into Awoken
- Haku into Awoken
- Durga into super ultimate Durga (I thought this is what I have?)

I just kind of play collabs, throw pulls every once in awhile, and toss tamadras onto characters with open spaces. I'm nowhere near as deep in as some of you guys but I'd like to know what my best team options are.

The team I normally use is Kushinadahime/Echinda/Lilith Kuromi/Claymore/Amaterasu and a friend Thoth & Sopdet from my other account, but there's some content you just can't touch with this setup.

Awoken Indra and Izanagi are generally considered less good than their regular uvos. This will likely change in the future when the stat lines of the revo forms become important

The "co-op forms" are the uvos that have the awakening that gives a 1.5x stat boost when playing in co-op.

A few sample endgame-capable teams for your consideration

Acala/Verdandi/Vishnu/Susanoo/Perseus
Re:Bastet/Verdandi/Vishnu/Perseus/Sasuke
Balboa // A.Artemis (I'm not familiar with the team builds for this pairing)

seriously your green is pretty crazy

bjork

I'll have to look into these. I don't expect to be able to thrash challenge dungeons or anything, but it'd be nice to get past Zeus in the normal dungeons. I've been stuck on him for like a year.

I'll have to look into these. I don't expect to be able to thrash challenge dungeons or anything, but it'd be nice to get past Zeus in the normal dungeons. I've been stuck on him for like a year.

Yeah if you level up and awaken all your monsters, that acala team will clear a ton of content.

Ras is super super super unfun. Leader swaps are a dumb and cheap mechanic regardless, but doing it every other turn with a crazy shield of some sort on the off turns is just not really enjoyable or clever.

If you get Ilm evolved (light/fire ult) you can seriously trivialize a lot of content. While you're missing Saria who is considered a staple for the team, if you plop Tsubaki and Onion Knight and some other short orb changers on the team you can do some serious damage for little effort.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Ras is super super super unfun. Leader swaps are a dumb and cheap mechanic regardless, but doing it every other turn with a crazy shield of some sort on the off turns is just not really enjoyable or clever.

Ras is strange. My Krishna team felt super frustrating to play through the entire dungeon, but my Myr team has an easier time and a fun moment at the end. When the top and bottom rows lock at the 50% mark, figuring out where to set up a heart cross and damage with the locked rows was really enjoyable. Had to start looking at it as a slow burn with a one turn damage check like the Myr fight rather than my normal "I'm going to bust two rows and a prong and watch Hino mulch this guy" play.

I did rush too fast once and ate a ten turn skill bind due to someone being bound, which turned into a rollicking good 8 turns of stalling on Baalbek. That could have gone better.

b33r

Yeah Ras was an ok dungeon, felt fair at least. Used Aizen for regular, but used Anaphon for the snow globe challenge. Slow and safe, I think Myr would be similar.

Ma. I hope we get some MP before Athena. I just don't think k I can scrape up 750k a d I NEED her. The massacre that takes place in my box will be monumental.

W-00

Ma. I hope we get some MP before Athena. I just don't think k I can scrape up 750k a d I NEED her. The massacre that takes place in my box will be monumental.

I'm glad that I don't really want her. It would take almost my entire box to have enough MP for her. Pretty much only parts of my dark box and ALB would be able to stay. Maybe Acala, too.

Decided to be brave and try Myr M+ solo after making another Dragon Killer Tsubaki and beat it without much fuss with Ilm/Saria/Tsubaki/Tsubaki/A.Ra/Minerva, nobody hypermaxed. Myr's sub bind is obnoxious and Ars Paulina is annoyingly tanky, but I completed it twice and got the stone and some MP to boot. It feels real good considering how hard I worked just to get her the first time.

Also beat the Myth Ruby King challenge with my super ghetto Myr team but I maintain that any floor that takes 30+ turns to clear isn't fun, and the reward is so dumb that I'm not going to try the harder version. Why no snow globes :(

Ilm is really good, I wish I had a bunch of dupes.

Silent_Z

Ras was weird. I did it with R.Minerva; used Tsubaki, A.Cao Cao, Ame no Uzume subs. Found out later on that SBR was only 80% but it was good enough. Lots of stalling on the boss floor, went for the kill when she swapped in Cao Cao or Tsubaki to lead and wasn't blue.

Speaking of R.Minerva, goddamn, she's been way better than I ever expected as a leader. Unbindable 36x on easy activation with a wide-open sub pool and only really having to worry about blue stuff - either you're getting double damage or 75% resist on the rest - is pretty amazing. Similar could probably be said of Neptune and Ceres, but I don't have Neptune and my green box sucks compared to red.

Seems like I would have a decent team for her?

Link

Durga is in there purely for her two sbr but having two 3 delay leader skills her taking you down to one HP doesn't seem too bad. Though I would inherit someone on her most likely.

jiggle

Okay, so I updated my padherder page, which took eons, but here we are:

https://www.padherder.com/user/bjor...1,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;boxfav,0

Anyone have any suggestions? I got a bunch from a guy in the in-game messages awhile ago, if anyone can confirm these for me as good moves, that would help as well. .
Ilm
Ilm
Ilm
Ilm
Ilm!!!!!

The leader evo version
She's amazing
Super easy 100x
Can stall forever
Super fun to use

Just make sure to grab a free Melissa when heroines collab arrives

yes join the ilm train

I need to find a hera-ur and then I can revo my minerva (and hypermax if I want, I still have 2 +297 tamas). Ilms are easier to come by than minervas for some reason.

Ilm/Ilm is way way way more fun than the other glass cannons I've tried like Sarasvati.

Jagernaut

You don't have to wait for the leader swap to end. If the sub that's the new leader has a somewhat compatible leader skill, just burst. I used Krishna for the legend plus Super Ruby challenge. She swapped in Yamato and I killed her in 1 shot, I just had to make a blob of 10 fire orbs as well as another 2 fire combos to get Yamato's max damage.

Fighting Ras was alright for me...but maybe that's because I'm holding her to the likes of Mion and Khepri, both of whom I still haven't beaten in Mythical. (Also, sometimes she swaps my BMyr with my Sumire and that's not too bad at all) I don't know how I would've done with the Super Ruby King challenge...because I bonehead-ly fused all my King dragons away after grinding Legendary Earth yesterday. >_>;

Anyway, I've been grinding Mythicals ever since the Angels of Fate event started, and I just ran into Elia for the first time. Really glad to finally run into her and get the drop! I netted a Sun Wukong last godfest, so I'm eager to get my LMyr team all shaped up.

b33r

Seems like I would have a decent team for her?

Link

Durga is in there purely for her two sbr but having two 3 delay leader skills her taking you down to one HP doesn't seem too bad. Though I would inherit someone on her most likely.

I don't know the best subs for dark Athena, but reading setsus blog, he is apparently pretty much for it if you don't have Aizen or the perfect ra Dragon team and want to fast farm end game content. Mantastic says Myr can conquer most the same content if you have the subs, but he plays with his ult and said he is planning on buying her on both of his accounts. She will take you through any dungeon with the right subs/inherits.

So I think it's not a bad decision if you are struggling with late game stuff, or if you want to make it easier and faster.

Especially if you like solo play.

Bladelaw

Solo'ed the challenge with Aizen. Everything went pretty much according to plan. I subbed the super king in for Eschamali.

I ran it a few more times with a proper Aizen team and it was real easy and got a couple skill ups too. I'll chip away at skilling her up since that's a real nice skill useful for Mathena and ALB. I'm still hunting for Another Crusader with no luck at least the dungeon isn't a pain to run.

Top Bottom