• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

lt519

the little baby 3* metal/jewel dragons are almost completely worthless, the 4* high ones almost as much so. kings and super kings are considered the primary method to level up monsters now.

make sure to run the daily noel dragon dungeons, those guys give around 4mil exp per feed.

Awesome, time to free up some space. I'll feed my Theuriga for now as she has been my permanent leader for quite some time now.

Holy hell just beat the TAMA experience gift and went up like 10 ranks. Does that thing even attack eventually? I think it took 4 matches for me to kill it.

Awesome, time to free up some space. I'll feed my Theuriga for now as she has been my permanent leader for quite some time now.

Holy hell just beat the TAMA experience gift and went up like 10 ranks. Does that thing even attack eventually? I think it took 4 matches for me to kill it.

It's just there as a gift so regular players can get a good chunk of EXP and a stone. For newer accounts it's useful to get a larger stamina bank and have access to certain level-based milestones (the free REM pulls, the ability to store more ready-made teams, increased team cost, access to multiplayer/certain dungeons, etc). For older accounts it's mostly used to try and time a level up for the free stamina refresh during farming.

It was said before but if you run the dungeon with a fully-evolved Ganesha leader (either yourself, a friend, or both) you get a 1.5x experience boost, so it adds a lot of value for a dungeon you can't die on.

lt519

Just rolled a +25 max level Vajrabhairava (regular old 5*), did I just find a viable main for the content level I'm at? The google isn't telling me much.

The 30x damage every turn seems kinda crazy...out of all the evo material I have, I don't have any of his haha.

Also got a moon dragon caller, satsuki which meets the 3.5x ATK boost (dragons and attackers) someone mentioned before. Google says not so good on this one.

Worth working on these instead of Theuriga?

W-00

Yeah, both of those are upgrades over Theurgia (provided that you have the dragons or attackers for Satsuki).

I don't have Vajrabhairava, but I have the very similar Reincarnated Hino Kagustuchi and once they're evolved and leveled a pair of them should be able to just tear through most of the normal content. Kagutsuchi's extra attack is better than Vajra's so it's easier to cheese dungeons with him, but Vajra can actually give the rest of the team a decent multiplier, so he's a better serious lead.

Just rolled a +25 max level Vajrabhairava (regular old 5*), did I just find a viable main for the content level I'm at? The google isn't telling me much.

The 30x damage every turn seems kinda crazy...out of all the evo material I have, I don't have any of his haha.

Also got a moon dragon caller, satsuki which meets the 3.5x ATK boost (dragons and attackers) someone mentioned before. Google says not so good on this one.

Worth working on these instead of Theuriga?

Vajayjay is alright but his leader skill is challenging to activate for beginners. Satsuki was once considered one of the best pulls in the game but fell off a while ago; the unconditional leader skill means you can mix and match subs a lot more readily plus you don't have to put in any puzzling work to get the boost.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Yo did they really add another 6 star pantheon? What the fuck's up with this game, fam?

Godfest day 1: Light Wee Jas
Godfest day 2: Red Chester
56d.gif

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
YOLO Pulled.

Rozuel

So I'm now 1 Kaede away from the (original) optimal Ronove team!

Anyone who mains him have some options for not Kaede?

YOLO Pulled.

Rozuel

So I'm now 1 Kaede away from the (original) optimal Ronove team!

Anyone who mains him have some options for not Kaede?

If you absolutely need green, Balboa is interesting. Vishnu. Osiris. Academy Kali or Athena maybe.

I put D.Athena on my Ronove team and she hits hard. Grida if you need the SBR. Anything else that makes hearts without deleting several colors and has TPAs really.

Jagernaut

Cheesed my way through Demonius Descended with Reincarnated Hades team, easy with 93.75% resistance to dark.

R Hades
Sheena
Barbara
D Athena - R Orochi
Godin - Sheena (used to cover green and for auto heals)
R Hades

Sheena and Barbara both have machine killers and benefit from Barbara's spike active on boss.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If you absolutely need green, Balboa is interesting. Vishnu. Osiris. Academy Kali or Athena maybe.

I put D.Athena on my Ronove team and she hits hard. Grida if you need the SBR. Anything else that makes hearts without deleting several colors and has TPAs really.

Vishnu seems legit. Mine is nearly maxed, so I may go that route.

However, I just realized my RagDra is still in base form. Oh boy.

Bladelaw

Cheesed my way through Demonius Descended with Reincarnated Hades team, easy with 93.75% resistance to dark.

R Hades
Sheena
Barbara
D Athena - R Orochi
R Hades

Sheena and Barbara both have machine killers and benefit from Barbara's spike active on boss.
Thanks for this. I need a bunch of Demonius skill ups.

jiggle

So bummed I spent my stone stockpile on the last jpn GF
Wouldve saved some for the 10x PCGF if I knew about it
Really wanted Yogs
But got 1st ganesha on both accounts as consolation
Not too bad

R Hades
Sheena
Barbara
D Athena - R Orochi
R Hades

Thanks for this
I couldn't beat the dungeon with Dathena at tall

W-00

I finally got around to clearing PAD Academy and the Fire&Light Dragons, so I decided to make another roll on my alt.

It wasn't really the best idea, since it was only chasing Oichi.

But it got Oichi! Yet another potential member for its Ruel team. I should really take another look at my alt's box and see what it can put together.

Also rolled on my main - dupe Zuoh.

lt519

Vajayjay is alright but his leader skill is challenging to activate for beginners. Satsuki was once considered one of the best pulls in the game but fell off a while ago; the unconditional leader skill means you can mix and match subs a lot more readily plus you don't have to put in any puzzling work to get the boost.

Yeah, I'm finding it still easier to roll through with double Theiurga.

Part of the problem is Vaj's special kills everything immediately up to a boss and then you have 0 skills ready for a boss that can one shot you. So at that point you have to get a 5x combo which isn't easy for me yet (partly because I have no skills!). Haven't tooled around with a Satsuki team so far.

Is the samurai banner worth pulling for me? Any team leads I could potentially pull out of there?

W-00

Is the samurai banner worth pulling for me? Any team leads I could potentially pull out of there?

I'd stay out of it now that the Godfest is over. There are three featured pantheons in it (Samurai 1, Wisdom Kings, and Samurai 2) and each of them have a mark against them for your purposes.

The Samurai 1 series are generally good subs, but aren't really made to be leaders.

Only three of the Wisdom Kings are useful as leaders and you already have one of them (Vajra), another of the useful leaders is basically the same as him, and the third (Acala) has a ridiculously high skill requirement.

The Samurai 2 series (which are brand new) are probably the best leaders of the bunch as far as your needs go (the Fire/Water/Wood have an automatic 4x for their color and the Light/Dark increase the size of the board), but they're at the lowest rates. The other two pantheons appear at 3x rates, while the Samurai 2 are only at normal (1x) rates.

lt519

I'd stay out of it now that the Godfest is over. There are three featured pantheons in it (Samurai 1, Wisdom Kings, and Samurai 2) and each of them have a mark against them for your purposes.

The Samurai 1 series are generally good subs, but aren't really made to be leaders.

Only three of the Wisdom Kings are useful as leaders and you already have one of them (Vajra), another of the useful leaders is basically the same as him, and the third (Acala) has a ridiculously high skill requirement.

The Samurai 2 series (which are brand new) are probably the best leaders of the bunch as far as your needs go (the Fire/Water/Wood have an automatic 4x for their color and the Light/Dark increase the size of the board), but they're at the lowest rates. The other two pantheons appear at 3x rates, while the Samurai 2 are only at normal (1x) rates.

Thank you, you've been immensely helpful. My Satsuki team is doing well today, I need to get my HP up to survive a few more big blows (need to crack 10k hp), I actually think I need to start thinking of leveling some of my subs.

How often do these God Fest banners come around?

W-00

How often do these God Fest banners come around?

Twice a month, so best to wait.

^ Yep. Generally they occur around middle of the month (on a weekend) and end of each month (whenever that is). I expect that the next Godfest will be on the 15th/16th. It might get pushed to the 22nd/23rd because they prefer to do the mid-month GF after the technical middle of the month, but that would only leave a week until the end-of-month-GF, so I doubt it.

lt519

Bad for my Sunday but good for my progress. The 4x EXP boost is great because I can do one or two technical dungeons, a couple 3 unit challenges, then do a story one and reset my stamina.

Up to Tower in the Sky and Aither Desert. Mostly been running through with Varj and my best friends Ohkami; got a bunch of high HP subs with 30x or 100k specials. Works unless I run into a one shot boss which then I gotta break out some smarts.

Was having trouble with this guy with the normal team, so I devised a plan. Light orbs to water orbs, heal/water orbs to fire orbs, generate 4 fire orbs and enhance. Most damage I've done at once so far:

Lol just did it again against Venus, that's my new strat for now.

b33r

I used to use a similar strategy when I first started on Zeus in king of the gods when by best leader was Urd. Pop Urd, Ares, and Chibi Hera ur to enhance, then nuke him.

Aesnath

Well, it has been a minute. I was on vacation and trying actively not to check the computer. Oddly enough, NeoGAF is more of a work thing for me...

Anyway, I had purchased a full pack for the shinra bansho collab in hope of whaling for Asmo. Since the came relatively early, I was sitting on 70 stones.

First up my daughter was excited to roll in PAD academy, which I told her actively sucked, but she pressured me into rolling with her (this was before the GF was announced).

1. Theurguia
2. 4*
3. Green Kali (??!!!)
4. 4*
5. Hathor
6. Theurgia

So...eh? I did better than I thought, but I have no use for anything, even the Kali. She is, however, the first collab 8* I've rolled.

Then the godfest.

Day 1
1. Radious
2. Oichi (actually have decided to keep her in the regular form; active seems better for kaede and gremory, delicious comobos!)
3. Maeda (dupe, eh)
4. Kanna (Cool, but where, myr I guess)
5. Green Zhuge Liang (well, at least I don't already have one)
6. Sherias (4th, maybe, sold)
7. Sherias Roots (now I have two D. Kali board changers)
8. Aten (kinda cool, not sure exactly how to use it though)
9. NeNe (Neat, feels like an upgrade to Blue Metatron on Meri)
10. Krishna (kinda sad actually. About six months ago, I really wanted one, as I had no viable +HP leads. Now that I have D. Athena, I'm not sure he's necessary)

Day 2

1. Verdandi (dupe, but pretty cool)
2. Radious (oddly fitting way to end it, as I started with one)

So...kinda a crazy godfest overall. In 10 rolls a full half were 6*, with three actual GFE. Also the two samurai 2 I rolled were the ones I wanted. The GFE were a bit less immediately useful, but Kanna seems awesome in a general sense and I now have a lot of all-color plus heart board changes, so that could be helpful at some point. I guess I should play around with a rainbow lead?

In other news, I also cleared A2 for the first time this week. Took three tries. First death, I screwed up on a heal turn pretty early on. Second time, had a lot of combo shields and the beez, so I had used all of my board changers by the time I got to Kali. Only had two dark orbs after skyfall from the following turn, couldn't deal enough damage with sub attributes. Completed run involved sopdet and illsix.

lt519

So new round of questions, it rank 100 so I have a few more things available to me now:

-Buying dungeons? What are worth buying?
-You all mentioned saving 5* REM pulls even if they were garbage, was that for monster points or some other reason (skill inheritance)?
-Snow Globe Dragons? Any use other than EXP boost? It's a massive one so I'm saving them for the right time.
-Tamadra guys, I have a bunch now, but don't understand the Awoken thing? Is that because I actually don't have any units capable of being awoken?
-Can I ditch my current best friend for a new one? Or is that permanent?

Thanks!

Aesnath

So new round of questions, it rank 100 so I have a few more things available to me now:

-You all mentioned saving 5* REM pulls even if they were garbage, was that for monster points or some other reason (skill inheritance)?
-Snow Globe Dragons? Any use other than EXP boost? It's a massive one so I'm saving them for the right time.
-Tamadra guys, I have a bunch now, but don't understand the Awoken thing? Is that because I actually don't have any units capable of being awoken?

Thanks!

Hello!

1. Coin dungeons are rotated in for skill-up dungeons generally. The first few (50,000 coins) are older and relatively easy (you still seem pretty early, so be careful) and give a stone when every floor is completed. Don't bother until you have finished most/all normals. Also worth noting that there are evo material dungeons (useful if you need something and don't want to wait a week) and a tamadra dungeon (probably too hard for you at this point).

2. Most 5* REM pulls will play a roll at some point, especially as you are developing your box. Only a few are great leaders, but many are useful leads for the early game. In particular, if you pulled something like a dragon caller sonia, ronove, or dragonbound, they will carry you through all normals and stay useful as you get better. God fest exclusives or GFE, are only available during godfests, while pantheons are featured during godfests but can be rolled anytime. Pantheon gods (like greek/roman, Indian, Shinto gods) are pretty great, but often will feel lackluster until you can easily get them to their last forms. Basically, don't sell anything from the REM as you may need it at some point. Also, Gungho buffs cards regularly, so things that aren't great now can become incredible in a few months (examples would be Anubis, Haku, Kushadhime). Monster points are a thing, but don't worry about them right now. Also, don't spend monster points on evo materials generally. Save 'em.

3. Globe dragons are just for XP boost. Feed them as needed, but be aware that they become more valuable later in the game (as some of the best monsters need several to max level). Still, I wouldn't hold them at your point if you have something useful you need to level up. Also bite the bullet and buy some box space; it is a thing, you are going to need some eventually.

4. I found the terminology a bit confusing here as well. Awakenings are special abilities that all evolved monsters have in some capacity. They have a variety of effects, such as giving you more movement time or increasing damage under certain circumstances. They appear as little boxes on the right hand side of your monster cards. If they are faded out, you can feed that monster a tamadra (or an exact copy of itself) to activate that ability. For REM monsters, you will need tamadra's to activate these skills; for dungeon drops, just farm and feed copies. If your monster doesn't have any of these boxes, you need to evolve it. Notably, only the little yellow tamadra (and baby tamadra) activate awakenings; tamadra that cosplay another monster (like odin) or are extreme king don't have that effect. Awakenings are often very important. If it is something you use a lot, and it has awakenings, I'd just feed them some tamas. They are reasonably available in a few different ways, although never plentiful, exactly. Another thing that confused me initially is the separate terminology of Awoken evolution; these are just a type of evolution that has dungeon drop requirements--has nothing to do with awakenings or tamadras.

5. Best friends are permanent, and very important, as they give you access to set of leads reliably. While you can't ditch one, you will, eventually have the ability to make a new choice. Last time, we talked a bit about it here; and this is a good group to pick from.

Good luck.

W-00

When you buy dungeons you get them for an hour. You can run them as many times as you have the stamina for within that hour. You'll get a stone for completing them, even if you've already cleared the non-coin version of the dungeon. They're mostly for getting skill fodder for certain monsters, exp fodder, or rank exp. Where you are, I'm not sure that any of them are worth buying yet.

I should also note that in the past, they had a month where all coin dungeons only cost 5 coins, and I think we're expecting that to happen again eventually, so unless you really can't wait for the extra stones there's really no reason to buy any now.

Unlike a lot gacha games, PAD has the habit of making old cards useful, either by buffing them or introducing a new card that has good synergy with them. Consider Kaede and Kushinadahime - both were once considered bad pulls, but new evolutions made them into some of the strongest leaders in the game (at different times - Kaede has since fallen down the charts, but she's still good). Or consider Rozuel - she was once considered a troll roll, but then Ronove was released and suddenly she was highly desired as a core part of his team.

The point is, just about anything could eventually turn out to be useful, and if you sell something that later becomes good, you'll probably regret it. So the standard advice is to never sell anything unless you have more than one of it.

I don't think so. Just exp fodder there.

When a monster has awoken skills their skills will show up on the side of their picture when viewing them in fullscreen. Skills that haven't been awoken will be kind of faded while skills that have been awoken will be in full color. Usually, a monster has to be evolved at least once before they have any awoken skills to unlock. Single-stage REM monsters (such as your Theurgia) are an exception, and have awoken skills ready to be unlocked from the get-go.

Thanks!

No, best friends aren't reset by dropping them. Once you set one there's no way to choose a different one. There are, however, periodic resets that allow you to have more than one best friend at a time.

lt519

Great, thanks everyone! I had kind of assumed the boxes on the side were skills they had acquired as they had leveled up, no clue I had to awaken them...good to know.

Aesnath

sunken labyrinth
tumblr_nrrpd44R6Y1u9taavo1_400.gif

I'm going to try and get as far as I can in it; but I'm also going to keep in mind a willingness to quit. I'd really love the dragon killer, but I don't see me getting that far.

Beat floor three with Meri--pretty doable with any tricolor/heart board change and Meri's active; but it means you need to have Meri up in four turns. Lost first try, as two rows and seven combos didn't drop a green keeper.

Probably going to Minerva cheese floor four.

Bladelaw

Sunken labyrinth almost all done. I'm stuck on the end. I'm terrible at matching if I can't see the board so the first two gimmicks are wrecking me.

I had to stone in awoken Loki because I didn't want to deal with that BS again. He did give me a board to kill him with which was funny.

Dios is manageable with a Dathena team being judicious with delays and the HP badge solve a lot of this dungeon's problems

I used Anubis vs Anubis and it worked just fine

Level 6 was Anubis too

Level 5 I used arondight/amenominakanushi

Level 4 is lousy with resolves so the wisdom Kings or kagu as a friend lead can help if your main lead does stupid damage like Yamamoto.

Level 3 is a damage check, just hit the thing really really hard.

hermit7

Sunken labyrinth almost all done. I'm stuck on the end. I'm terrible at matching if I can't see the board so the first two gimmicks are wrecking me.

I had to stone in awoken Loki because I didn't want to deal with that BS again. He did give me a board to kill him with which was funny.

Dios is manageable with a Dathena team being judicious with delays and the HP badge solve a lot of this dungeon's problems

I used Anubis vs Anubis and it worked just fine

Level 6 was Anubis too

Level 5 I used arondight/amenominakanushi

Level 4 is lousy with resolves so the wisdom Kings or kagu as a friend lead can help if your main lead does stupid damage like Yamamoto.

Level 3 is a damage check, just hit the thing really really hard.

On 7 I think now. Just took down kali. Shits a lot harder that I thought it was going to be. Took a few tries with skill management. Onto the next, I am happy to have had a few good team options to attempt to tackle these, but it sucks for lower level people because they have great rewards on completion.

I'm on level 6 of the Sunken Labyrinth now. I rage stoned through the last level since I don't have many teams that can deal with resolves. I hate Khepri especially. Not looking forward to the rest of the floors, but I'll still be bashing my head against it all week.

Bladelaw

did you die

also a.raph is like the most fun I've had with a new leader skill in a long time

like look at that damage off just a light row and prong, ain't even any boosts active
Yep, i choked :(

I dont know if i have another go in me. This dungeon is murder on my motivation.

EDIT: Yeah I'm done with this. Over 100 attempts is my limit. RIP White Snek. You win this round.

lt519

Hit a wall on Starlight Sanctuary, can't get past the first dungeon. I tend to clear battles too fast and don't have enough skills charged for the dude that has one mil HP. If I slow down I'll get killed or get some unlucky chains that kill everything. Gonna need a new plan, but it seems my galavanting through the normal material with 2x Theuirgas is coming to an end.

b33r

Starlight will be your first major wall. Once you have a team that can get past that you will be ready to start working on the easier descends. To be honest, some of the easier descends are easier than king of the gods, the final dungeon in starlight. Just keep leveling, awakening, and evoing your cards. Once you have a team that can beat king of the gods you can level up very fast for awhile, especially when there is a exp multiplier on it.

Side note, just used Shiva Dragon paired with Hino to do floor 4, made it easy.

Aesnath

So...what does everyone think about trading? I was kind of excited until I noticed that you seem to only be able to trade for stuff you have already seen. That means no hope of me trading my dupe hinomatsua and grisa for something cool.

I hate the snake dungeon. I really want to clear floor 8, but I'm currently stuck on floor 7. I have yet to even get to the dog; and I'm not sure how viable my strategy will be (basically cycling delays until his combo shield runs out).

So that's fun.

Aesnath

What did people do floor 5. For some reason I can't get past that one. Been trying revoKush.

Yeah, took me like five tries as well. Used D. Athena--needed a sakuya inherit.

1st floor isn't too bad; can tank all the hits, so I just tried to kill without using an active.

2nd floor can be odd, it always makes a full poison board second turn and may absorb a color for a few turns. Usually, I'd try to damage it with whatever was on board first turn, board change second turn (generally did not kill with just a boardchange). Then I'd just keep slugging her and healing as best I could; delay if dark absorb or I got close to death.

3rd floor depends on what spawned. Cosmo was probably the easiest, then star justice. LG is annoying with DAth, as he ends up having quite a bit of HP meaning you need to break the combo shield twice.

4th is tricky. You want to constantly deal damage but A: not drop her in to execution range and B: not kill her while the awoken bind is still up. For DAth, this meant dark and water three match while absorb is up, whatever you can do when awoken bind is up (BUT DON'T KILL), then burst through the shield or break the combo shield at the end.

5th can suck a lot. If you come onto this floor awoken bound, Liza will kill you. An awoken sakuya inherit makes either spawn doable. If Diza, it gets her below resolve, if Liza it gets your subs unbound (really important, always skill binds on turn two). Liza is probably the easier of the two, as, if you unbind your stuff, you don't need to worry about the 75% shield on turn two, while Diza has a 50% shield for three turns on top of 50% damage reduction for dark--means you have to burst reeaaallly hard to kill her on an early turn. When I cleared the floor, Liza was the spawn; feel like dark is majorly disadvantaged with Diza.

W-00

I knew that my main should be able to cheese C4 given that it has both Yamamoto and Hino, so I just had to wait for a friend to have a compatible leader up. It took a while for my friends to put up anything compatible, and I failed miserably every time I tried. Hino's multiplier is just too low for even Yamamoto or Shiva Dragon to make up for it.

So I tried it with Meri and cleared it on my first try. Dear, precious Meri, I'm so sorry that I doubted your damage control.

Bladelaw

Ullr is driving me insane. Someone convince me it's not worth it.

I don't mind the challenge but the stamina a cost means I stew while I wait for another shot.

Top Bottom