• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

Vestax

Banned
Most Vanquish kills ever, so far:
QEjvJSJl.jpg

Damn, I thought I was hot stuff with 49 Vanquishes and 34 Vanquish Streak. Impressive.

HiiiLife

Picked this up along with Diablo and Metro. Damn fun and oozes personality. Definitely one of those games where you don't really get stressed out over the competiveness. Just kick back a few brews and have fun.

Lionheart

Picked this up along with Diablo and Metro. Damn fun and oozes personality. Definitely one of those games where you don't really get stressed out over the competiveness. Just kick back a few brews and have fun.
Exactly how I feel. Even if I suck (like in most rounds), I still have a lot of fun and I can do my own thing while still contributing something to the objective.

Guys I just got the game for Ps4. Got the digital version, it downloaded and got installed from the store fine. But once I started the game it started installing again and is SUPER SLOW is there any way to fix this? Maybe deleting it and installing again? Stuck at 56% at the moment.

Edit: For those that might have this problem, I made it download faster by pressing options in the app, then going to information. It will show that the game is actually still downloading, and it will download faster at that screen.

Edit: Nvm, fuck I should had bought the retail version.

vypek

Just wanted to say, the marine biologist is amazing. Really enjoy being a medic on the zombie side now.

I haven't unlocked him yet but I've been the victim to many of them in a single match. lol. I've got some free time this weekend so I will be playing more and trying to unlock more characters. Not sure if I want to go 40K pack and get characters outright or do 20K pack and get pieces of characters as well as upgrades for them

So I've been searching for good local multiplayer games on Ps4.
Up untill now all I can play with my friends is Towerfall.
Is PvZ a good local multiplayer game?
Is it only local co-op or also one on one?

Is the game worth buying mainly for local multiplayer?

Frenden

Banned
I started out only unlocking 40k packs, but the lack of weapon upgrades renders those rarer characters kind of moot.

I buy one of each themed 20k pack, alternating, now. I seem to get better drops that way than when buying the mixed bag 20k pack.

-MD-

So I've been searching for good local multiplayer games on Ps4.
Up untill now all I can play with my friends is Towerfall.
Is PvZ a good local multiplayer game?
Is it only local co-op or also one on one?

Is the game worth buying mainly for local multiplayer?

Honestly if you're gonna just stick to the local multiplayer mode it's hard to recommend. You guys might enjoy it for a few days but Garden Ops doesn't have enough there to keep a group of people interested for very long.

It's just local horde mode coop, no VS.

Just wait until you get the chemist.

The Marine Biologist is better than the chemist, MB is the best scientist variant in the game.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Just found out about being able to do Boss Mode on an iPad via the PS App across all modes (including split screen)...oh man that's gonna come in handy.

For anyone interested on buying the game of the Ps4, if you buy the Digital be aware it my take 2+ hours to download. I've fast internet and I still can't believe it took that long.

Varg

Banned
For anyone interested on buying the game of the Ps4, if you buy the Digital be aware it my take 2+ hours to download. I've fast internet and I still can't believe it took that long.

I had the same problem and posted around the beginning of this thread. Noone believed me and gave me smartass comments. I did the same exact thing you did though and sat at the ps4 main menu with the information tab selected. It felt like the download went by a lot faster doing so.

Honestly if you're gonna just stick to the local multiplayer mode it's hard to recommend. You guys might enjoy it for a few days but Garden Ops doesn't have enough there to keep a group of people interested for very long.

It's just local horde mode coop, no VS.

Mh, thats a shame.
I love local mp but there really isn't much on Ps4 yet.
Thx anyway, maybe I'll grab it during a sale.

vypek

Its becoming very annoying not being able to win a single match of gnome bomb. Wish there was a classic mode. Toxic splash damage and sprint burrow are even worse than their standard form. (READ: I'm dying to these lol). Wish I could play against new people but I just cant get matched up with them

Its becoming very annoying not being able to win a single match of gnome bomb. Wish there was a classic mode. Toxic splash damage and sprint burrow are even worse than their standard form. (READ: I'm dying to these lol). Wish I could play against new people but I just cant get matched up with them
There's a button on the character select screen to switch teams.

Frenden

Banned
I just bought a Cheetos code on eBay. I'm curious to see if the promo characters are significantly better than the stock characters.

-MD-

I just bought a Cheetos code on eBay. I'm curious to see if the promo characters are significantly better than the stock characters.

Hope you didn't pay much for it, those DLC characters will likely be handed out to everyone when the promo ends in a month.

The Dr Chester variant is pretty terrible, you have to be point blank range and it only does 25 damage. His new healing ability is the fastest in the game but it has the shortest duration and (I believe) an even longer cooldown than default. His new stickies do 75 damage but have a smaller blast radius. The warp does an explosion wherever you warp to but only holds 1 charge. Those abilities can be used on other variants.

Chester Chomp I don't think does anything special, devs claim he chews faster but the timing looks the exact same.

I don't have either character this is just what I've seen/read since they went live.

MMaRsu

Banned
Guys I just got the game for Ps4. Got the digital version, it downloaded and got installed from the store fine. But once I started the game it started installing again and is SUPER SLOW is there any way to fix this? Maybe deleting it and installing again? Stuck at 56% at the moment.

Edit: For those that might have this problem, I made it download faster by pressing options in the app, then going to information. It will show that the game is actually still downloading, and it will download faster at that screen.

Edit: Nvm, fuck I should had bought the retail version.

Yeah downloading this game takes fucking forever but hey once its done its gravy.

Vestax

Banned
They really need to out a fucking cap on unbalanced teams. It's ridiculous being on a team being outnumbered by 4+ players.

Frenden

Banned
Hope you didn't pay much for it, those DLC characters will likely be handed out to everyone when the promo ends in a month.

The Dr Chester variant is pretty terrible, you have to be point blank range and it only does 25 damage. His new healing ability is the fastest in the game but it has the shortest duration and (I believe) an even longer cooldown than default. His new stickies do 75 damage but have a smaller blast radius. Those abilities can be used on other variants.

Chester Chomp I don't think does anything special, devs claim he chews faster but the timing looks the exact same.

I don't have either character this is just what I've seen/read since they went live.

$10. I checked two Targets and, between time and gas, figured it was worth it to plop down the dough.

Anyone on EU PS4 GAF want to team up? I've only got one other person on my friend's list playing this. PSN ID is same as my GAF name. I'm up for playing all modes.

Loomba

So the marine biologist is largely considered the best scientist class. What are some of the other variants that are the best for other classes?

Agent

This is probably a dumb question and I'm overlooking it somewhere...but is there anyway to mute someone while in game? I've looked through all the menus and see nothing about it. I know you can do it once in the lobby. Nothing worse than a mouth breather or someone playing shit music entering the game and they can't be muted.

MMaRsu

Banned
This is probably a dumb question and I'm overlooking it somewhere...but is there anyway to mute someone while in game? I've looked through all the menus and see nothing about it. I know you can do it once in the lobby. Nothing worse than a mouth breather or someone playing shit music entering the game and they can't be muted.

Just press the touch pad to bring up the scores and there you can mute people.

Agent

Just press the touch pad to bring up the scores and there you can mute people.

Oh wow, I feel like a noob right now. I had no idea you could bring up the scoreboard with the touchpad. You'd think after playing the game for hours I would have used it or at least accidentally bumped it haha. Thanks!

Kiant

I had the same problem and posted around the beginning of this thread. Noone believed me and gave me smartass comments. I did the same exact thing you did though and sat at the ps4 main menu with the information tab selected. It felt like the download went by a lot faster doing so.

Just found that out too, downloaded it and was like "ah 3gigs, so small" then watched as the install took forever, only to click on information and see it's actually 14 gigs.

They really need to out a fucking cap on unbalanced teams. It's ridiculous being on a team being outnumbered by 4+ players.

There is a cap. If you are outnumbered by 4+ it means your teammates quit, and I don't know what they can do about that...they can't force people to switch teams mid-match.

Guys, I need some tips. I'm having a hard time doing the following:

1) Getting coins. At first it felt easy, but now is a shore, and it feels to take forever. So far I've only focused in playing 'Garden and Graveyards' and 'Team Vanquish'. Both modes are a blast, and the first seems to give a lot more coins. I played Garden Op but it was sort of boring and tedious, specially the Crazy difficulty. And getting coins there was the worst.

2) How do I kill faster? Every time I play I seem to get killed super fast, while the opponents are like sponges absorbing damage. Are the vanilla character the worst of the bunch? I've only unlocked one 'extra character' since I figured out kinda late that you can buy them at 40,000 coins.

Finally I just want to say the game is really good, and I recommend to anyone wanting a good multilayer game for their PS4. It's super easy to find matches, and it just damn fun to play.

Edit: Oh, also how do you skip challenges more often? Is it random?

vypek

Guys, I need some tips. I'm having a hard time doing the following:

1) Getting coins. At first it felt easy, but now is a shore, and it feels to take forever. So far I've only focused in playing 'Garden and Graveyards' and 'Team Vanquish'. Both modes are a blast, and the first seems to give a lot more coins. I played Garden Op but it was sort of boring and tedious, specially the Crazy difficulty. And getting coins there was the worst.

2) How do I kill faster? Every time I play I seem to get killed super fast, while the opponents are like sponges absorbing damage. Are the vanilla character the worst of the bunch? I've only unlocked one 'extra character' since I figured out kinda late that you can buy them at 40,000 coins.

Finally I just want to say the game is really good, and I recommend to anyone wanting a good multilayer game for their PS4. It's super easy to find matches, and it just damn fun to play.

Edit: Oh, also how do you skip challenges more often? Is it random?

I didn't check coins per minute but gardens and graveyards can give a lot of coins (and I prefer this mode due to its length). Play classic mode so everyone is using vanilla characters. Join other game modes that are not classic later after you have unlocked different variants and their upgrades. If you need a more practice, consider using the welcome mat area.

Getting the skip stars is random and will appear in certain packs. Using them, when you are on character select for a map. There should be a "prompt" that lets you know that you can press triangle to use a skip star. You'll be able to choose the specific challenge for the character you are using that you want to skip.

I agree, the game is really good.

You really can't use the skip challenge star stickers on the character screen? You have to go in a match?

Yeah it seems like it.

Default All-Star

Commando Soldier / Camo Soldier

Law Pea

Fire Cactus

I'm still trying to unlock law pea and those other soldiers. Law pea seems incredible. And it does seem that default all star is really good. Occasionally I will use the rugby star for fire damage though

Top Bottom