• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

Vestax

Banned
Okay. This is so confusing. I'm hearing conflicting reports everywhere I look. Others are saying you have to sign up for an EA account to play.

I remember I had to do this for my old Xbox One at launch. I needed an Origin account in order to play on XBO (I remember because my GF had some issues with Origin).

For the PS4, I was not asked for anything about Origin. Games installed and I was ready to play.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I just grabbed it and first thing it says is I need an origin account..... Great.

You guys have some bad memories.

You know what, I bet it's because our PSN accounts are already associated with Origin, so we never see anything about Origin after it logs into EA servers at boot up. I think I did that years ago for some other EA game.

Sorry man. :(

Frenden

Banned
Yeah. I had to make an Origin account. I couldn't remember my ACTUAL Origin account and, in an effort to start playing with as little friction as possible, made a second for PSN. Yay. :/

Mindlog

Is any kind of EA login/account required to play this game on PS4 or is it just PSN? Makes or breaks the purchase for me after a long history of bullshit with them.
Sorry I missed the question. Yeah, there's a linked EA account. Most people probably already had one linked.

Cross-post.
The Chomper in the right hands is devastating but it does require more knowledge of the map and player behaviour. I get mad killstreaks with the Fire Chomper which has a short-range flamethrower that lets you scatter groups.
Good chompers get the most respect from me. Probably has something with them being so rare, but a properly played chomper that keeps up with a lazy sniper in kills/streaks all game in G&G is impressive.

Frenden

Banned
I've had a couple of boss Chomper runs in G&G, but not consistently. It really seems to depend on the rest of your team having a decent mix of ranged and close classes. If you're the only vanguard attacking the enemy while a line of cacti sit atop buildings, the effort can seem sisyphean.

Maledict

I find some of my best plays with the chomper are when I go on defense, skulking round the sides and picking off engineers and troopers trying to outflank us. Despite his massive health I find the chomper goes down way too fast in any form of head on assault - especially with the disable you suffer after eating someone.

On an unrelated topic - is there some trick or knack to shooters on consoles that I'm missing? I find it incredibly hard to aim and hit, and according to my sticker book I have a mere 25% accuracy. Particularly the sniper style classes like the cactus where any movement from my target inevitably means I'm going to miss. Am I just cursed to being bloody awful at console shooters, or is there something I'm missing that allows enemy players to be so damn accurate when strafing round and shooting?

On an unrelated topic - is there some trick or knack to shooters on consoles that I'm missing? I find it incredibly hard to aim and hit, and according to my sticker book I have a mere 25% accuracy. Particularly the sniper style classes like the cactus where any movement from my target inevitably means I'm going to miss. Am I just cursed to being bloody awful at console shooters, or is there something I'm missing that allows enemy players to be so damn accurate when strafing round and shooting?

haha, I'm having the same problem. I'm constantly either in the middle of the pack (standing wise) or near the top. Most of my points don't come from vanquishes though. I'll get taken down quickly by a soldier/peashooter/cactus but when I play those classes I can't seem to kill off many people. I've just accepted the fact that no matter which class I play I'll firmly be in the role of support =p

Pop

This game surprised me. I picked it up on PS4 a couple of days ago and been having a blast. I think I'm addicted.

Mikey Jr.

Just a question guys.

Do the packs ever go on sale? Is there ever a 2x coin event?

Just wondering if I should be saving up or not.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I find some of my best plays with the chomper are when I go on defense, skulking round the sides and picking off engineers and troopers trying to outflank us. Despite his massive health I find the chomper goes down way too fast in any form of head on assault - especially with the disable you suffer after eating someone.

If you find out let me know :p

I've played on consoles (and computers) all my life but I was never able to aim for shit on modern online FPS with a dual-analog controller. I dunno how you guys (well, not *you* apparently, lol) get so good and precise. I wonder if I'd be better at this since it seems less twitchy and it being 3rd person... wish I had this game instead of Titanfall :/
Can't buy it blind again only to leave untouched after a couple weeks, wish there was a demo but it seems those are a mostly thing of the past nowadays

Pop

k0pwRff.jpg

Best game of mine so far. Love this game, it's so addicting.

with this game in particular you need to lead your shots A LOT. I don't have this problem with any other game on PS4.

EDIT: more searching confirms my suspicion that the game doesn't use hit-scan for most of the weapons. the Sunflower's Sunbeam might be though.

Nexfero

Neo Member
Anyone having problems finding a Garden Ops game? Since yesterday I've been getting Matchmaking Failed, I thought it was becuase of the Minecraft PSN fiasco yesterday. I can make a custome game but not find one and Multiplayer works fine.

I've been AFK for a week, started the game up and had four sticker packs to open - the cheetos ones?

They gave them out for free, as apparently the Cheetos DLC codes that you get from the bags aren't easy to find.

Also, they need to fix whatever is up with Garden Ops. I can't find any matches, and it seems no one else can either. I quickly tire of the Multiplayer modes. :(

Kssio_Aug

I just grabbed it and first thing it says is I need an origin account..... Great.

You guys have some bad memories.

LOL. People should not confirm what theyre not sure! Feel bad for you man!
But what kind of bs history you had with them?

I had a problem with my PS3 account with them once when 1st tried Battlefield 3 (it created a EA account with my PSN e-mail and I could not change it to my origin account... so I had two separate EA accounts, what is stupid). I solved it with them however just using their chat customer service! They were pretty attentive and solve my problem transfering everything to one account.... I did not had another problem since then.

Sushen

Anyone having problems finding a Garden Ops game? Since yesterday I've been getting Matchmaking Failed, I thought it was becuase of the Minecraft PSN fiasco yesterday. I can make a custome game but not find one and Multiplayer works fine.
The same here. I like breaks of playing garden ops in between multiplayer games. It can't be no one playing it, right?

LOL. People should not confirm what theyre not sure! Feel bad for you man!
But what kind of bs history you had with them?

I had a problem with my PS3 account with them once when 1st tried Battlefield 3 (it created a EA account with my PSN e-mail and I could not change it to my origin account... so I had two separate EA accounts, what is stupid). I solved it with them however just using their chat customer service! They were pretty attentive and solve my problem transfering everything to one account.... I did not had another problem since then.

BC2, Skate 3, ME2, 1942, you name it, there always was some stupid problem with every one of those games involving the required EA login that had me going back and forth with support with no real help. BC2 had about a 50% failure rate with me on any given day, even when my friends were logged on and able to play, it was just random. In ME2 I had some bug involving it where support said I had to delete my saves to fix it, and after losing 20-something hours, it still didn't fix it. I swore off any game that ever required EA login again, but apparently that's all of them nowadays. I'm actually selling this as fast as I can, despite it being a decent game. I know it sounds silly to most people, but it just bothers the hell out of me and I can't really stomach supporting it anymore. Cheers to Popcap on the awesome game, though.

thenexus6

They gave them out for free, as apparently the Cheetos DLC codes that you get from the bags aren't easy to find.

Also, they need to fix whatever is up with Garden Ops. I can't find any matches, and it seems no one else can either. I quickly tire of the Multiplayer modes. :(

Okay thanks for heads up, yeah i've had problems getting into Garden Ops since day one.

Sora_N

I just got this game for $20 (Canada). Pretty fun but I suck. I can't get into any of the classes, but especially the Zombie ones.

I really do not understand the number of people who play Garden and Graveyards who will never step foot in the circle.

Do they not get it? Do they care about K/D ratio for some inexplicable reason (in a game where no one can ever see it but you)? It's so bizarre watching a graveyard tick zombie points 1-0 with a Cactus/peashooter sitting like 1 inch outside the ring but by god he's not going in there.

Frenden

Banned
I've had a slew of matches like that in a row. Half the time, everyone pulls their heads out of their butts in the last minute before a loss and caps the point super easily as a group.

It just makes me wish we could've done it that way from the start. At +1000 coins per cap, the best way to efficiently make coins in the game is to cap, cap, cap, cap and be out.

Anyone havin' trouble finding a Garden Ops match on PS4?
Could be just me...I searched 'Any ' in both Level & Difficulty -- still couldn't find a single soul.

Liberty4all

Banned
The more I play the better the game is feeling. I really like how you can put in 20 mins for a match and feel like you accomplished something but also have the option for multiple hour long sessions too. Fits my schedule really well.

Top Bottom