• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pyre |OT| We Carry The Fire

IJ2FKoH.png

Releases July 25th

Std6NeC.png

0c56CBC.gif
qxqb5oU.gif

Rz7coEc.png

2hsPJ9l.png
mVuKOfC.png

qoGN12k.png
sfA1aRO.png

m7HwiJY.png
yqCCnOP.png

8YZucL6.gif

Joeku

Alright, The NBA Jammer Saga, let's do this.

going in blind (if reviews are good) but that's a slick OT

hoping/expecting 3 for 3 from Supergiant

Kinda same here in the first regard; been trying to avoid seeing too much about it. That animation in the OP is fan-goddamn-tastic. As to the latter, gotta be honest that Transistor let me down a bit. I'm hoping this one's a little more cohesive.

I believe in you, Supergiant!

Oh man, it's Pyre time already? I'm going to have to carve out some time so I can get into this game....hopefully this weekend.

Still not sure what to think of the combat "sports" system, but Supergiant has yet to do me wrong. Looking forward to seeing reviews and early streams.

Still not sure what kind of game this will be. I loved the style of Transistor and the fight system though once I found a comfortable "style" I just spammed a few basic things and it became easy. Never got beyond about 30mins in Bastion.

Still not sure what kind of game this will be. I loved the style of Transistor and the fight system though once I found a comfortable "style" I just spammed a few basic things and it became easy. Never got beyond about 30mins in Bastion.
TB's video was the one that finally helped me get what the game was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-uZq_KauSo

Best summary from what I've seen/read: An Oregon Trail-esque journey through an otherworldly landscape, while learning new skills and recruiting new characters to engage in tactical real-time ceremonial battles for honor and redemption

Also this post
It's um...

It's a strange game.

If you're into Transistor, you'll be into this. It's like FFT disguised as combat soccer.

Xe4

Banned
Fucking hype as shit. Listeining to Bastion and Transistor OST's to get more hype. Assuming this gets even half decent reviews (c'mon it's Supergiant, of course it will), I'm fucking in. Even for my favorite developers I wait for reviews before buying. Bad (good?) habit I guess : p

Awesome |OT| More_Badass!

Psoelberg

Still not sure how exactly this game is going to play from moment to moment, but it's Supergiant so I have to buy it. And actually it's rather interesting to buy a game you havn't quit understood yet. That happens rarely these days.

Alebelly

I pre-orederd it, one of those devs whos games aesthetic makes me happy

If you like themes for your PS4, the Transistor one is fantastic

rickyson1

still not really sure what to expect out of this

I liked Transistor enough to buy it anyways and try it out though so we'll see

I think this is the most blind I've gone into a game in a while. I literally haven't watched anything about it, and I've just seen like three screenshots from it and know there's a 3v3 sports element to the battle system.

Pre-ordered anyway and excited for tomorrow.

I am in like Flint^^ Most indies that I love kind of fall into my lap and are serendipitous little happy accidents in my gaming life. However, every year I have at least one "big indy" that I look forward to just as much as any tripple A release, and Pyre is it for 2017. Their last two games are indy royalty to me, and I am all ready for some 4K PS4 Pro 3v3 action. Pre-loaded!^^

Gator86

I think I'm gonna buy this just to support Supergiant. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but they've been perfect so far and some of the descriptions here sound oddly compelling.

J-Skee

Loved Transistor. Platinumed it & it was my personal GOTY that year. Hopefully, Pyre will be great as well. Got it pre-loaded & ready to go. Nice OT.

After watching the video, the gameplay looks amazingly fun to be honest.
It's what sold me on the game. Had been on the fence but the tactical possibilities of the gameplay seemed really fun and the stripped-down nature of the gameplay seems like they could do a lot with a little. The fact that you only control one party member at a time means you can use the others as strategic barriers and other tactics, but then need to plan ahead because you'll be 2 v 3 until you score again.

Just played the first hour. Presentation is top tier as expected from a Supergiant game. I didn't expect the RPG elements at all, it seems like you build trust with party members through dialogue choices that ups their stats. I only got up to the first rite which was extremely easy because the AI wasn't really doing anything. Hopefully that's just because it's still teaching you and the next one will actually be challenging. I can see this being a really fun couch co-op game though.

This is definitely one of those pre-loads where I stare at the timer ticking down for far too long. Unfortunately it looks like it unlocks at 12 PM EDT tomorrow and not midnight, but it's probably better that I don't try to stay up that late anyway.

Have the game pre-ordered and going to grab the OST tomorrow. Don't know which I'm more excited for. Supergiant always does stellar soundtracks for their games.

I know very little about this game, other than most press people being positive on it when they've played it, and it's some sort of RPG where you play a sport they created for this game?

I'm excited. Supergiant hasn't let me down yet. I'm going to try to know nothing other than the general feeling from reviews. I might even try to avoid that so I don't have any additional expectations.

KodaRuss

This is really sad to admit but I just started Transistor for the first time last week. I have had the game for probably a year or so. I might just have to wait on Pyre, I have a backlog that is killing me. Looks great and glad to see SuperGiant still making these types of games.

Xe4

Banned
Ahh, this works : )
85/100 - Venture Beat
Pyre backs up its eye candy with some pretty impressive world-building and fun gameplay, particularly in Versus Mode. Though the battles in the main campaign don't offer too much of a challenge, the controls still make it feel great when you drive your team into your opponent's goal.

All that supplementary reading in the Book of Rites might not be for everyone, but even without it, Supergiant has still built a memorable, visually spectacular world.
https://venturebeat.com/2017/07/24/mobile-game-revenues-grew-32-in-q2-as-asian-titles-surged/

Top Bottom