• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pyre |OT| We Carry The Fire

HeavenlyE

If any game had a chance of beating Nier Automata for best soundtrack for me it's Pyre, really looking forward to playing this

danowat

Banned
I remember playing both Bastion and Transistor for a few hours and being overwhelmingly underwhelmed, to that end I decided that I would visit them both and give them a good go, before I look at getting Pyre.

Started Transistor again, and I was pleasantly surprised, seemed to click the second time round, so maybe I'll just finish that, and then look at Pyre.

FirLocke

Just started it up. Can confirm utterly slick visuals and great sound. I love stylised dialogue boxes and these are exceptional

Frimaire

Fuuuck, it unlocks at like 10am? it's like 2 am for me right now and I probably won't be tired enough to go to sleep until at least 4.
Maybe I can get by with less than 6 hours sleep...

For those who have this on PS4, how did you get it? I've checked PSN and it's not giving me an option to buy at all. Am I doing something wrong?

danowat

Banned
For those who have this on PS4, how did you get it? I've checked PSN and it's not giving me an option to buy at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Sometimes it takes a while for preorder titles to become fully live on PSN, I don't know why, but it happens quite often.

jf DOOM

Transistor is still my game of the generation so I am extremely excited to play this. Was thinking about leaving work early today to get a few hours in.

Anno

I hope the OST goes up somewhere today for streaming when the game releases. I bought it on Steam but I have a whole day ahead of me writing technical test scripts and those sweet Darren Korb beats would be welcome.

BSpot

MAN I'm so almost sold on this but it looks like a ton if reading.
Not to sound like an uneducated moron. I like to read, just not a ton in games.

Honome

Can't buy it today, anyone knows if the 10% off on psn was only for pre-orders or will it be up until later this week?

Mikey Jr.

9.7 on IGN.

Damn....

I completely wrote this game off, but what the hell. This game does not look like something I would enjoy at all, but these reviews are glowing.

I don't know what to do.

Here we go

Impressions later

Edit: right off the bat, I like the concise prose they have for the writing. Reminds of me 80 Days and Planescape a tad. Descriptive and well-written without being flowery

Also the lore highlights, like in Tyranny, are really cool

First tutorial Rite down. The controls feel really good. That nice blend of momentum, responsiveness, timing, and visual feedback that makes moving, passing, and banishing satisfying

Anno

The OST is up on Supergiant's Bandcamp page if anyone else is stuck at work but wants to listen to some high quality tunes.

Zackat

it's time

giphy.gif

WoolyNinja

There doesn't seem to be a lot of hype for this game. I, for one, am SUPER excited.

The initial videos made it seem like a different game... now I'm seeing its a strange sports type game and my interest has definitely gone up.

I loved Bastian but Transistor never clicked for me so I'm interested to see if this one does.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Played for an hour or so on PS4 Pro, game is amazing. The soundtrack is phenomenal, as are the graphics. After my 3rd battle, I'm still getting the hang of what to do.

MSScaeva

Neo Member
Originally I was going to hold off on purchasing because I have plenty of other things to play, but I listened to a bit of the soundtrack and knew I had to play it now. From the impressions I'm reading I think I've made the right choice.

Xe4

Banned
I got through the tutorial rite and then two more, only loosing one goal because I wasn't focused enough. I like the combat well enough so far. I hope it gets more difficult, though I've heard it will especially towards the end. I'm not looking forward to my first loss, that's for sure.

Rukey is the best. The other characters are good too, but I really like his personality, right now.

Top Bottom