• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Q1 of 2017 is ending, what are your thoughts on it?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Fixed it

S0h1RPq.png

(Disclaimer: I am a big Mass Effect fan but Andromeda is such a disappointment on many different level that I feel like it just doesn't deserve to be in the hall of the ''Quality Q1 2017 Titles'' )

Damn straight. ME:A has no business being among those others, to be honest.

I played and beat Nioh, Horizon, and Zelda, and just started Nier. Will double back later in the year to play Yakuza. Amazing time for gamers

My fucking wallet!

Enjoying the hell out of Horizon, Nioh and Nier.

Still have a shit ton of games to buy when they get discounted like GR2, Yakuza and KH Collection. Next Month is P5 and Parappa, Jesus!

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Fixed it

'image'

(Disclaimer: I am a big Mass Effect fan but Andromeda is such a disappointment on many different level that I feel like it just doesn't deserve to be in the hall of the ''Quality Q1 2017 Titles'' )

4 PlayStation exclusives, 5 console exclusives for Sony, and an exclusive VR mode for Resi 7. Cor.

BraXzy

An incredible time for games. They aren't all my cup of tea but there's no denying the amount of quality titles. It's a shame that Mass Effect didn't hit it out of the park to round off the quarter.

Looking ahead there's a fair few games on my radar like Little Nightmares, Prey and What Remains of Edith Finch but I still have Zelda, RE7 and games from last year to keep me going well into the ramp up later in the year.

nonnocere

It has been crazy - I don't buy more than one game at a time, but ended up with Horizon, Nioh, and Automata.

I should go back for Yakuza, but I don't have time right now.

Kamaros

Neo Member
One of the best ones in a long time, Just finished Horizon and started Zelda BotW, my backlog is bigger than ever

OniBaka

Here's what I played

Resident Evil 7 - great
Yakuza 0 - crazy
Ni oh - great
NieR automata - SSS crazy

Will eventually get GR2 and horizon.

RdN

It was a great quarter for my gaming taste.

Personally, I bought Halo Wars 2, For Honor, Mass Effect and Horizon.

Even thought all of these have flaws and are not perfect, they've been a blast to play and I'm still looking forward to play more.

Kill3r7

Horizon is GG' best game.
Mass Effect Andromeda is janky as fuck but it is still Mass Effect.
I wish I had more free time to play all the great games.
The hour or so of RE7 I played looked good, just need to find the time to play it.
Looking forward to playing Zelda in November, unless I get a Switch before then.

Zedark

I am so far behind. Finished half of TOB, currently playing Zelda, and still have to find time elsewhere to play the following games:

Horizon Zero Dawn
Gravity Rush 2
Nioh
Nier: Automata
Yakuza 0

That and persona 5 + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will keep me entertained for several months, probably all through out the spring and summer.

It definitely is the best quarter in gaming I can remember. It is absolutely crazy how many awesome games have released the past 3 months!

Dabi

Games are quite expensive in Canada so I'm waiting for a lot of these too go on sale but I've played through Horizon and it was fantastic. Picked up Andromeda not too long ago, but will probably play Persona 5 first

emb

Incredible quarter. I can't keep up!

I loved Zelda and RE, but so far I've put off Nier and Horizon and Mass Effect and Gravity Rush 2 AND Nioh. All of which look like games I'll really like!

dawid

I realize i have been living under a gaming-rock and playing nothing but Mass Effect 1-3 for three months now.
Explains why i have been feeling a little tired of Shepard.

At least i won't have to play a forth ME game. I'm good.

correojon

Loving BotW, hope I can finish with it soon and get into Hollow Knight, Nier: Automata, RE7 or the new SK campaign. Also deciding whether to get a Switch right now or wait a bit more. If Nier had released for it I would´ve got it already.

Also Nioh, Yakuza and Horizon seem to be getting a lot of praise, this quarter has been a very strong one.

Scrawnton

Q1 for me consisted of Zelda, Horizon, and DQ8 and it has been amazing. I got other games, but these are the only ones I beat so far.

Arklite

Here's what I played

Resident Evil 7 - great
Yakuza 0 - crazy
Ni oh - great
NieR automata - SSS crazy

Will eventually get GR2 and horizon.

I like this rating system. Played(ing) everything in your post, Yakuza 0 might be the king for me but there's no shortage of argument for all of them.

I was interested in buying Yakuza 0, Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Horizon, Breath of the Wild, For Honor and Mass Effect.

I've only bought Horizon and still not beaten it yet. :|

I did return to my 3DS and beat Ocarina of Time and SM3D Land though.

Right now I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn, Gravity Rush 2 and NieR Automata and I don't think I've ever had this many quality games I've been playing or am wanting to play at once. I had to skip so many others because I can barely fit these 3 into my schedule. I'll probably be playing games from Q1 for the rest of the year!

FHIZ

fytz5fs56r8teyskuyqnup9vx4hngxrlwjustlzbwbnqjaeyxxxydrealzrfivq4.gif

Seriously.

With P5 around the corner I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. For the next quarter right now I'm looking at Yookalaylee then Injustice and Tekken for new releases, and with two being fighters, that's not bad at all.

I'm sure P5 and Mass Effect will occupy a good chunk of time and I still need to go back to Nioh... haven't even touched Tales of Berseria, let alone remember I bought it.

But man... I just got worked over as a PlayStation owner.

sasliquid

Platinumed Horizon two days ago, Mass effect in two days and hoping to start Neir/Nioh in April

Zelda/RE7 later in the year once I save for their prospective hardware.

Why did I start full time employment?

Qiot

Neo Member
Easily some of the best few months ever in gaming, I just wish I had more time to play it all. Zelda is gobsmackingly good, Yakuza delighted me and now I get to immerse myself into a sci-fi RPG with Platinum games combat. Good times :)

Another nice thing is that it feels like Japanese companies are more comfortable with their output and have a little bit of their old swagger back. Here's hoping it continues.

Aaron D.

A very strong quarter, though I didn't play a single AAA release.

Still a bang-up Q1 for smaller releases. Couldn't have been happier.

** Due out Friday. Day One purchase.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Very strong Q1. I think publishers are finally stopping the H2 or delay a year mentality.

AerialAir

Banned
Quite possibly the best quarter I ever saw, and I'm 31 years old.

This. Q2 has Persona 5, maybe South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Yooka-Laylee, Prey and many others, so we'll see which one wins, I do love me some Persona. Overall 2017 is shaping up to be a golden year for gaming, so all's good, except my wallet and free time.

I look forward to playing these games at some point, as opposed to just looking at them on the shelf (gr2, re7, hw2, nioh, nier, horizon, zelda, me:a!!!). Picked a bad time to start playing through witcher 3 (pc) and dragon quest 8 (3ds). About 30 and 50 hours into each respectively. I think nier and zelda would be next, but.... persona.

Not as hyped as some of you but there was a really fantastic game (Horizon), a decent game (Gravity Rush 2) and a pretty good game (Nier). Beyond that I picked up Abzu which was also very enjoyable.

But outside of the games I liked it was a very strong quarter if any of those other games were your thing. And great to see some really great Japanese games in there. But Horizon was the star of the show for me.

But I'm done with Q1 now and ready for Q2 in Persona5. Hopefully Yookalaylee turns out quite decent too which will keep me going a little while.

Only managed to play Resident Evil 7, Yakuza 0 and NieR Automata. RE7 was a long awaited return of my favourite sub-genre of game and Automata is quite possibly one of the greatest games I've ever played, like within my top 5 or something. So based on that alone, it has been outstanding. Crazy to think I still have yet to play Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, Horizon and Zelda.

muetimueti

Neo Member
Zelda seemed alright as far as I played it, I'll get back to it after Nier:Automata - which is on track to become one of my all-time favorites (haven't finished it yet), so that alone makes the quarter great. Other than that I mainly played through stuff from last year and from 14 years ago.

Begaria

Absolutely a fantastic quarter n gaming, possibly one of the best I have seen in a very lng time. Had Persona 5 launched this quarter, and it damn near does anyways, this quarter would hae been that much more better than it already is.

It warms my heart to see so many western hardcore gamers supporting and loving Japanese games, THANK YOU ・゚・(つД`)・゚・
You have no idea how much your support meant to them, and us (non-Japanese Asian gamers).

Top Bottom